+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pay more attention to the story before attend the hearing interview of IRB

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Pre-removal risk assessment is an opportunity for people who are facing removal from Canada to seek protection by describing, in writing, the risks they believe they would face if removed. Persons whose PRRA applications are approved may stay in Canada.

In the written submissions of pre-removal risk assessment , it is important that asylum seeker clearly answer the following questions:

1. Why would I be at risk if I was returned to my country of nationality or habitual residence?
  2. What kind of risks would I face and why?
  3. How do these risks concern me directly and personally?
  4. Could I escape these risks by moving to another city or region of my country?
  5. How does my situation compare with the situation of the rest of the population in my country of nationality or habitual residence?

Some asylum seekers were rejected by IRB because of his story. He could not clearly answer the questions above, meanwhile lack of evidence. Don't expect your lawyer will help you for case preparation.

So asylum seeker clearly answer the questions above is important

Reactions: jinglebell0123

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
What types of documentary evidence could be useful to support your case?

Written documents of any kind, such as documents that present facts relating to the alleged risks, may be used to support your submissions. You may also present the written statements of family members, friends, neighbours or any other persons. The following are examples of documents that might be useful as evidence:
  • Magazine or newspaper articles describing the situation in your country
  • Legal documents
  • Police documents
  • Medical documents
  • Personal documents
  • Written testimonies
  • Personal letters
Furthermore, the IRB officer may refer to sources of information that are publicly available. The following are examples of publicly available sources of information that might be reviewed:

• Human Rights Package
  • Contextual Package
  • Index Media Review
  • Weekly Media Review
  • U.S. Department of State Country Reports on Human Rights Practices
  • Lawyers Committee for Human Rights
  • Amnesty International reports
  • Doctors Without Borders reports
  • World Europa and Human Rights World Reports
  • Internet research
This list is not exhaustive. Other publicly available sources of information may be taken into account.

Reactions: jinglebell0123