+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Past Work Experience Proof

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Hi there! I am applying for EE through the CEC program. I have been working in Canada for over 1 year now for the employer listed on my LMIA approved WP. The same employer has offered me further employment for 1 year after my PR is approved. For this employment (let's call it Company-C), I have all pay stubs, T4s, CRA's notices of assessments, etc.

Recently, while going through my 2 previous work experience letters for Company A and Company B, I have realized that neither mentioned salary and we were never issued pay stubs(a norm for startups in my country). I know that paystubs might not be a requirement. I only have the work experience letters for both. The letters do mention all the required information like Title, Name, JD, Roles, Hours worked, Full time, etc, everything except salary.

When uploading the documents in the document checklist in the ePR application, IRCC states:
You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs if you have them.
This tells me that a reference letter should be sufficient. The problem I'm facing is:

1. Company-A (employment 2011-2015) has shut down. The HR manager who signed the experience letter has moved on and changed their contact number and email address since the company does not operate anymore.

2. Company-B (employment 2015-2018) is still operational but the email address of the person who signed the document has changed. Their phone #, however, is still active.

Will IRCC call or email these people instead of asking me for more documents or verification? This won't be possible since the contact #s listed on the documents at the time of signing them have changed. What can I do? Should I just explain in a LoE that Company-A is no longer operational? My question is why should I have to do this when the reference letters already have enough information on them duly signed by the respective employers.

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
Do you have your bank statement or taxation documents for company A duration.upload them.also do a notarized affidavit for the closed company duration - signed by your xcolleague