Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I was replying when he said that thought it was after refusal only. My point was that it is not for refusals only, could have worded it better. Having a work permit, he can take a look at his wife's GCMS by requesting it directly to IRCC, there is not need to go with 3rd parties. I don't think conveyed my point on this occasion.
you are right. I told him since he is already in Canada, he can get it himself for $5.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Planning to do that myself after I reach Canada just to see the reason of approval. I would rather pay the government directly.

It's free if you're applying for your own GCMS records .

I applied on July 5 for an application I had made in May.
Didn't pay a loonie .

Did I make a mistake ? :eek:

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017

Didn't pay a loonie .

yes I think thats under privacy act??

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
yes I think thats under privacy act??

• Personal information is usually requested under the Privacy Act.

There are no fees charged for requests made under the Privacy Act.

The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves where it is held by a government institution and to provide individuals with the right to access such information.

Note: Personal information which belongs to an individual who is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada must be requested under the Access to Information Act.
All government records (which include corporate documents and personal information) may be requested under the Access to Information Act.

The application fee for request made under that Access to Information Act is $5.00.

The purpose of the Access to Information Act is to provide a right of access to records under the control of a government institution to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or any individual or corporation present in Canada.

Well I saw this and selected Privacy Act .
Should I re-apply with Access to Information Act ?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
  • Personal information is usually requested under the Privacy Act.

There are no fees charged for requests made under the Privacy Act.

The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves where it is held by a government institution and to provide individuals with the right to access such information.

Note: Personal information which belongs to an individual who is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada must be requested under the Access to Information Act.
All government records (which include corporate documents and personal information) may be requested under the Access to Information Act.

The application fee for request made under that Access to Information Act is $5.00.

The purpose of the Access to Information Act is to provide a right of access to records under the control of a government institution to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or any individual or corporation present in Canada.

Well I saw this and selected Privacy Act .
Should I re-apply with Access to Information Act ?
I dont think so. Wait and see what you get under the privacy act.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
im confused because i thought the gcms notes were only available "AFTER REJECTIONS"..to see why officer refused. i didnt know you can see if school put that she didnt attend classes.
GCMS notes are generated as soon as your application is accepted by IRCC under any type of visa and according to the law you have the right to request GCMS as many times as you want to read each and every comment by the immigration officer on your application

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018

Didn't pay a loonie .

In any case I am getting 25CAD free courtesy of CIBC. I can spare 5 dollars, free isn't bad either.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
GCMS notes are generated as soon as your application is accepted by IRCC under any type of visa and according to the law you have the right to request GCMS as many times as you want to read each and every comment by the immigration officer on your application

I sent an application for amendment of Temporary Resident Documents , i.e Study Permit, to change conditions on it , in May .

I applied for GCMS on July 5 for that application , also on July 3rd I submitted Extension for my SP .

Would all notes come out ?
Even for my SP Extension ?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
That was for the student GIC program. if you were reffered by someone else and gave.their email address when you signed up. You get 25 dollars and they get 25 dollars after you open your account.
My frnd became a PR 2 yrs back. Went to open a acct with TD and they had some campaign going on for minimum account balance. She fulfilled their requirement and in 4 months she got a 32 inch TV. Keep checking your bank too. Sometimes they run ipad, tablet campaigns.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I sent an application for amendment of Temporary Resident Documents , i.e Study Permit, to change conditions on it , in May .

I applied for GCMS on July 5 for that application , also on July 3rd I submitted Extension for my SP .

Would all notes come out ?
Even for my SP Extension ?
if the application number is same, you should get all the info