+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Past Arrest History Declaration - Statutory Questions - Criminal Background - Court Acquittal

ahabaz92

Apr 17, 2019
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear Friends !

I would like to seek valuable advice/inputs and assistance on a post ITA declaration, where statutory questions are asked regarding the criminal background.

About 10 years ago or even longer, my whole family was framed for 498 Dowry case in India, which was on my elder brother. There was also a provision of travel ban on us since we are NRI's and lots of other false allegations on each member of the family due to which each one of us had to undergo arrest and bailing procedures.

Now this case went on for a few years and was rested years back as we won the case and were able to prove ourselves innocent for which I have the Acquittal judgement from the court.

I wholeheartedly want to mention and explain and I'm looking for valuable advice/suggestions on what my approach should be precisely to justify this event sensibly and clearly.

If anyone have a similar experience, would you please share your experience on how to declare the same effectively ?

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Dear Friends !

I would like to seek valuable advice/inputs and assistance on a post ITA declaration, where statutory questions are asked regarding the criminal background.

About 10 years ago or even longer, my whole family was framed for 498 Dowry case in India, which was on my elder brother. There was also a provision of travel ban on us since we are NRI's and lots of other false allegations on each member of the family due to which each one of us had to undergo arrest and bailing procedures.

Now this case went on for a few years and was rested years back as we won the case and were able to prove ourselves innocent for which I have the Acquittal judgement from the court.

I wholeheartedly want to mention and explain and I'm looking for valuable advice/suggestions on what my approach should be precisely to justify this event sensibly and clearly.

If anyone have a similar experience, would you please share your experience on how to declare the same effectively ?
To be inadmissible under the ground of criminality first of all the charge or allegation must have an equivalence sentence based on the Parliament act.
Even though you’ve committed a crime equivalent to a Canadian crime, since it’s been challenged by you in the court and you were known innocent; there is no more criminality.

This been said that you better be truthful and select “yes” in the statutory questions regarding conviction and then in the box below explain the story.

ahabaz92

Apr 17, 2019
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@soheilhs Thanks for your reply.

Well, I am sure about mentioning it. However, I was unsure if an LOE is required for the same with the court acquittal attached ?