+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa - September 2016

mooVee

Sep 27, 2016
raman186 said:
Congrats
Mine is 29 sep too...no update yet...hoping for good news soon...plz update when your tracker got activated....
don't worry, it will happen soon, at this point, not much you need to worry about it.

raman186

Star Member
May 25, 2016
mooVee said:
don't worry, it will happen soon, at this point, not much you need to worry about it.
Got it approved and closed.....no email ...just update in mycic account...best of luck to everyone....all will get it soon

mooVee

Sep 27, 2016
raman186 said:
Got it approved and closed.....no email ...just update in mycic account...best of luck to everyone....all will get it soon
Congratulations! I didn't get any email either, only in mycic account. I saw someone mentioned, it takes about 12hrs to 24hrs to email for the updates.

raman186

Star Member
May 25, 2016
mooVee said:
Congratulations! I didn't get any email either, only in mycic account. I saw someone mentioned, it takes about 12hrs to 24hrs to email for the updates.
Yes..it may be...so how much time will it take to get tracker activated? Any idea

dallasboy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-MAR-2016
Doc's Request.
18-APR-2016
AOR Received.
11-MAR-2016
Med's Request
22-MAR-2016
Med's Done....
06-APR-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-12-2016
I have a question for the people who applied from USA and got a request to send the passports to CPC Ottawa with 2 photos.

a) What you did to include a pre-paid return envelope?
b) Where did you took your photos? I checked at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens etc. and they don't do custom size (50x70) and not even agreeing to write their details on back.

I got my PPR in first week of Sep but yet to respond...

RROne

Sep 27, 2016
dallasboy said:
I have a question for the people who applied from USA and got a request to send the passports to CPC Ottawa with 2 photos.

b) Where did you took your photos? I checked at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens etc. and they don't do custom size (50x70) and not even agreeing to write their details on back.

In Canada there are special Expresspost envelopes that can be purchased, and all I did was buy two and addressed one to myself and placed that in the envelope I sent to Ottawa.
All they have to do is put my passport in the self addressed envelope (which is paid for already).

I went to a photo shop that was very well versed with CIC requirements. In fact they had a laminated copy of the CIC requirements in their shop.
I would urge you to seek out a photo shop (maybe an independent person) and follow all the requirements. It would seem a risk at this last stage to send in some "regular photos", you have almost completed everything!

mooVee

Sep 27, 2016
raman186 said:
Yes..it may be...so how much time will it take to get tracker activated? Any idea
Based on the other people's timeline, I think about a week. Do you live in Canada?

mooVee

Sep 27, 2016
dallasboy said:

you got your PPR in first week of Sep??? and you haven't mailed them your passport?? In the email, it says you need to do it within 30days......

dallasboy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-MAR-2016
Doc's Request.
18-APR-2016
AOR Received.
11-MAR-2016
Med's Request
22-MAR-2016
Med's Done....
06-APR-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-12-2016
RROne said:
In Canada there are special Expresspost envelopes that can be purchased, and all I did was buy two and addressed one to myself and placed that in the envelope I sent to Ottawa.
All they have to do is put my passport in the self addressed envelope (which is paid for already).

I went to a photo shop that was very well versed with CIC requirements. In fact they had a laminated copy of the CIC requirements in their shop.
I would urge you to seek out a photo shop (maybe an independent person) and follow all the requirements. It would seem a risk at this last stage to send in some "regular photos", you have almost completed everything!
Thanks @RROne. But I think you missed that point that it was for people who applied from USA. I live in USA and hence can't buy the prepaid canada post envelopes.

waiting for more answers...

ashwin027

Oct 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
Med's Done....
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
@dallasboy, I hope this helps,

It has to be a courier service that operates in both USA and Canada. I did this through fedex and there is an option to include a return envelope as you go through the process of creating the labels online.

I took photos with a professional photographer who does photos for visas. A google search for visa photographers should turn up something in your area. If nothing comes up then you would have to find a sam's club or costco photos near where you live. They can do different photo sizes.

Sun88

May 28, 2014
Hi Everyone,

My passport reached Ottawa on 6th October. Maybe we will hear some news next week.

Thanks.

Nov 3, 2015
My Application was approved and closed 12th Oct. Here is my timeline

Passport Request-28th Sep
Passport Received (Ottawa)-30th Sep
Application Approved-12th Oct
Tracker Activated- NA
COPR Received- NA