+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa - September 2016

pujan3103

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
wonder_ponder said:
PPR came through mail. Got an email. Have you tried contacting CIC? It seems unusually long. If they closed your app, that should mean that your visa is issued. Why don't you send cpc Ottawa an email explaining your situation. You should have their email in your Ppr Mail.

All said and done, you are approved primarily and it's just a matter of time before you get your passport in hand. Hang in there. I hope you get your passport soon. Good luck.
\\

thats all i am doing, hanging there!! i had applied my gcms notes last month, which came last week and it stats everything has been issued, all the copr are details are there, and it says passport in queue of printing.
this was on 26th aug. i really dont know whats taking so much time.
called cic but agents say they cant see no delays.
emailed them- they replied it under process.. and cpc ottawa replied 2 weeks back saying it will be sent shortly.

xwa239

Mar 24, 2016
Passports sent to Ottawa on Sep 7, received on Sep 9. Case approved & closed on Sep 22, and return tracker activated on Sep 23, will receive passports on Monday, Sep 26. :) So happy!!!

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tracker got activated today, our case was approved and closed yesterday

PP received by CPC-Ottawa on Sep 12

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
awesome news!!!
M.Mostafa said:
Tracker got activated today, our case was approved and closed yesterday

PP received by CPC-Ottawa on Sep 12
xwa239 said:
Passports sent to Ottawa on Sep 7, received on Sep 9. Case approved & closed on Sep 22, and return tracker activated on Sep 23, will receive passports on Monday, Sep 26. :) So happy!!!

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Can I use my existing work permit and work visa valid till oct 2017 to reenter canada while PR card is in progress? Have to go to US for a short trip. Driving through border is not an option. Any response would be appreciated.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
SecularFirst said:
Can I use my existing work permit and work visa valid till oct 2017 to reenter canada while PR card is in progress? Have to go to US for a short trip. Driving through border is not an option. Any response would be appreciated.
They will cancel all the Visa's once you land as Permanent Resident.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Can anyone pls enlighten me on my situation here.

I have sent my passport to Ottawa and expecting it back with copr in a week or two. Then I have to do landing as PR asap to apply for student loan as I have to start my study program in US in January.

I will be applying for US study visa sometime in Oct after getting my student loan. I still have valid US visit visa. If granted US study visa, i wont be able to enter US as student till December. But I have to go to US in October last week to attend one more school interview. I will use my visit visa for that. Now how can I reenter canada again without PR card.

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
You can enter Canada from USA just by CoPR only. The Canadian border officers will not prevent you. No PR card is needed.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/entry-to-canada-from-usa-without-pr-card-only-corp-t224502.0.html

The tricky thing is that there is a waterprint on the CoPR paper saying "not for travel", so the flight company will not regard CoPR as a visa to enter Canada. You may return to Canada by private car, or you may find a way to convince flight company that you can be admitted to Canada (study permit or work permit is enough).

If possible, please keep me updated. I probably need to go to USA for job interviews before I receive my PR card. Thank you!

SecularFirst said:

I have sent my passport to Ottawa and expecting it back with copr in a week or two. Then I have to do landing as PR asap to apply for student loan as I have to start my study program in US in January.

I will be applying for US study visa sometime in Oct after getting my student loan. I still have valid US visit visa. If granted US study visa, i wont be able to enter US as student till December. But I have to go to US in October last week to attend one more school interview. I will use my visit visa for that. Now how can I reenter canada again without PR card.

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
My return tracker got activated yesterday :)

PP was delivered to Ottawa on the 12th, Mycic approved on the 17th.

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SecularFirst said:

You can apply for PR travel document once you arrive US which will enable you from entering Canada again without having the PR card in hand. But check the processing time for this before hands.