+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa - September 2016

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
I called CIC to check the status of my passport. I told the agent my passport was delivered 2 weeks ago and there has been no movement since. He simply said CIC processes more than 1000 passports daily and once completed, they are sent out in batches. He said he does not have access to any further updates in the system and we should wait for our return tracker to get activated.

If any one has any different experience, please let us all know.

Thank you

pujan3103

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
I can understand your all problems. I am waiting for tracker since sept 1. My file was approved on sept 1. Called cic many times emailed them. But no response to email. Call centre told me it's in the queue
I'll update you once I get some news

rastamanforvere

Apr 27, 2016
vnexpress said:
After files are approved, and if you need visas, you will get into a second (long) queue for visa printing which will add another week or two to the wait time. As soon as the visas are stamped on your passports they will get sent back to you immediately. In some other cases the status won't change to Approved until visas are printed. That's how I understand.
This is my guess also. People from exempted visa country who submitted PP around 7 - 12 September have already been approved. I think we dont have nothing else to do except waiting.
So stressful.

Oyasco

Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
06-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2016
LANDED..........
TBD
In my own case, I got ppr on Sept 6, passport received on the 7th, but I got an email on the 14th saying my passport photographs were the wrong size. I sent another set which were received on the 15th, and since then, nothing has changed. I called CIC to confirm and the agent said that my visa is ready to be printed, but there's no confirmation of my photographs were received.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
DOD said:
I called CIC to check the status of my passport. I told the agent my passport was delivered 2 weeks ago and there has been no movement since. He simply said CIC processes more than 1000 passports daily and once completed, they are sent out in batches. He said he does not have access to any further updates in the system and we should wait for our return tracker to get activated.

Thank you
That is simply not true. Ottawa notes our files for Passport received, visa printed date and passport returns date with tracking # and the agents can check GCMS to confirm those events.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
DOD said:

Thank you
1000 passport a day X 26 days = 26,000 passports a month X 12 months = 312,000 passports, and Canada only admits 300,000 people this year. So, what kind of bullshit is that? Is he telling you that CPC Ottawa is stamping visas for all immigrants looking to come here this year and even more than the approved quota. These agents are lazy, useless and they definitely like to mislead people.

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
1000 passport a day X 26 days = 26,000 passports a month X 12 months = 312,000 passports, and Canada only admits 300,000 people this year. So, what kind of bullshit is that? Is he telling you that CPC Ottawa is stamping visas for all immigrants looking to come here this year and even more than the approved quota. These agents are lazy, useless and they definitely like to mislead people.
You are talking about PR only, but there are more numbers apply for TRV who submit their passport for stamping

niushad

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
My tracker just got activated.

Passport received by CIC on September 9th.
Application Closed on September 16th.
Tracker activated on September 22.

Good luck to you all :)

hyh1004

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niushad said:

Same here. :)

pujan3103

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
congratulations to all those who got their tracker activated. mine is still not active.
those who got tracker activated, did you guys receive ppr through pdf format or mycic or word format in the mail?

my file was approved on sept 1, and nothing is coming yet my way!.
thanks

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
awesome news!!!

wonder_ponder said:
My application got approved today and my tracker got activated as well.

PPR: 6th Sep 2016
Submitted: 8th Sep 2016
hyh1004 said:
Same here. :)
niushad said:

wonder_ponder

Aug 18, 2016
pujan3103 said:
congratulations to all those who got their tracker activated. mine is still not active.
those who got tracker activated, did you guys receive ppr through pdf format or mycic or word format in the mail?

my file was approved on sept 1, and nothing is coming yet my way!.
thanks
PPR came through mail. Got an email. Have you tried contacting CIC? It seems unusually long. If they closed your app, that should mean that your visa is issued. Why don't you send cpc Ottawa an email explaining your situation. You should have their email in your Ppr Mail.

All said and done, you are approved primarily and it's just a matter of time before you get your passport in hand. Hang in there. I hope you get your passport soon. Good luck.