+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Sep 2017

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
My updated status below in the signature. Thanks!

My advice (take it or leave it): It takes 3 weeks to get Approval from the day your passport is delivered, so give it time and let things take its course, by unnecessarily interrupting and worrying you just exhaust yourselves and at the end, it doesn't move things much.

Stream: FSWO
AOR Date: 08/23/2017
PPR Date: 09/22/2017
Passport Sent Date: 09/25/2017
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 09/26/2017
CPC Approved via CIC update: 10/17/2017
Return Tracker Activated Date: 10/18/2017

Reactions: novatraveller

MayAORWaiting

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Just wait for the response back from the visa office. They will respond but a bit slow. I called them thrice in last 2 weeks. They respond very nicely and give you the feedback that they have. If it is more than a week and you did not get a response, please call them otherwise they are going to tell you the same - Waiting for response from Visa officer.
Thank you so much for your reply.

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Final Update below. Good luck to all, be patient.

Stream: FSWO
AOR Date: 08/23/2017
PPR Date: 09/22/2017
Passport Sent Date: 09/25/2017
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 09/26/2017
CPC Approved via CIC update: 10/17/2017
Return Tracker Activated Date: 10/18/2017
Passports Received: 10/19/2017

Adrian2016

Nov 22, 2016
Stream: PNP-INLAND - EE
PPR Date: Sep 25
Passport Sent Date: Sep 26
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Sept 27
CPC Passport Received by Agent Date: Did not contact them to ask.
CPC Approved and Visa Stamped Date: Oct 13
Return Tracker Activated Date: Oct 16
Passport/COPR Received: Oct 18

Thank all of you guys and all best to everybody!!!!

BTW I received my GCMS notes on Oct 19 (Today), nothing special to report...

Batman4789

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
I sent my passports on Sep 23, PP reached ottawa on Sep 25, the Agent received it on Sep 29 and I got my passports back today(Oct 17). You should probably get it within this week or early next week unless there are no surprises. Hope this helps!
Thanks mate. Fingers crossed

madrazi

Apr 27, 2017
Stream: FSW-Outland (USA)
PPR Date: Sep 21
Passport Sent Date: Sep 22
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Sept 29
CPC Passport Received by Agent Date: Did not contact them to ask.
CPC Approved and Visa Stamped Date: Oct 18
Return Tracker Activated Date: -----
Passport/COPR Received: ------

carolcai

Mar 15, 2017
Landing update:

So I sucessfully landed at Peace Bridge this morning (October 19)
Left Toronto around 5:30am. Got to US Boarder aroung 7:30am, with 20 mins coffee break on my way down there. Spend 10 mins at the check point and less than 5 mins in the building. Like everyone else, got a yellow paper first, than received a notice of denial entry (admin, white paper). The officer showed me the way back to Canada. Didn`t pay a penny at US side.

There were two lanes open for cars/autos. I lined up and waited for 1 mins as there were only 3-4 cars in front of me. The Canadian officer asked if I was bring any weapon or carring $10,000 or more with me. Said no to both question. Then he directed me to the parking spots and asked me to walk to the stone building once parked.

After getting in the stone building, there were around 10 people already, but they seem to be in two or three groups. I handed in my passport, refusal paper, work permit, CoPR and the yellow paper I got at Canadian Boarder before entering the building. The officer asked me to seat while waiting and told that they would call my name once it was my turn. So, I waited....... Thought it would be quick but acutally......

About 1 hour later, a femal officer called my name. She congratulated me first, and this is where I trully started to get excited. Then she started to check my application and everything on her computer. Then she asked if I had any good to follow. I said no. She confirmed with me again saying that this was the only chance I got to declare my personal belongings. I said I did understand but nothing to follow. She asked how many years I had been in Canada. I said almost 4 years. She then seemed to be relieved and said "Oh, you almost settled in".

After a few mins, she started informing me about the rights of PR and other issues/matters that require my attention/action. Such as, updating health card and SIN. Also she informed that I won`t be allowed to baord any commercial transportation before getting my PR card, which could take 8-10 weeks. She then said the years I need to stay in Canada to meet the rquirements. She also asked how much money I had in my bank account, she just wanted a approximate number and didn`t require banks statements.

After confirmed address with me, she asked if I had any questions. The whole process took about 15 mins. In the end, she congratulated again, and we shook hands.

So leaving around 5:30am, Got to Canadian Boarder at 8:00am. left around 9:30am.

I was able to update my health card afterwards, but still need to wait for a few days to get a new SIN.

Finally the process is over. Wish everyone the best of luck!!!!!

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Landing update:

Left Toronto around 5:30am. Got to US Boarder aroung 7:30am, with 20 mins coffee break on my way down there. Spend 10 mins at the check point and less than 5 mins in the building. Like everyone else, got a yellow paper first, than received a notice of denial entry (admin, white paper). The officer showed me the way back to Canada. Didn`t pay a penny at US side.

There were two lanes open for cars/autos. I lined up and waited for 1 mins as there were only 3-4 cars in front of me. The Canadian officer asked if I was bring any weapon or carring $10,000 or more with me. Said no to both question. Then he directed me to the parking spots and asked me to walk to the stone building once parked.

After getting in the stone building, there were around 10 people already, but they seem to be in two or three groups. I handed in my passport, refusal paper, work permit, CoPR and the yellow paper I got at Canadian Boarder before entering the building. The officer asked me to seat while waiting and told that they would call my name once it was my turn. So, I waited....... Thought it would be quick but acutally......

About 1 hour later, a femal officer called my name. She congratulated me first, and this is where I trully started to get excited. Then she started to check my application and everything on her computer. Then she asked if I had any good to follow. I said no. She confirmed with me again saying that this was the only chance I got to declare my personal belongings. I said I did understand but nothing to follow. She asked how many years I had been in Canada. I said almost 4 years. She then seemed to be relieved and said "Oh, you almost settled in".

After a few mins, she started informing me about the rights of PR and other issues/matters that require my attention/action. Such as, updating health card and SIN. Also she informed that I won`t be allowed to baord any commercial transportation before getting my PR card, which could take 8-10 weeks. She then said the years I need to stay in Canada to meet the rquirements. She also asked how much money I had in my bank account, she just wanted a approximate number and didn`t require banks statements.

After confirmed address with me, she asked if I had any questions. The whole process took about 15 mins. In the end, she congratulated again, and we shook hands.

So leaving around 5:30am, Got to Canadian Boarder at 8:00am. left around 9:30am.

I was able to update my health card afterwards, but still need to wait for a few days to get a new SIN.

Wow! that was very elaborate...nice to know the whole process and your smooth transaction. Hopefully the same would be for all of us. Congratulations once again and happy stay in Canada as a PR...:)

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
Landing update:

Thanks for the details--- I am wondering does the rejection of the entry into USA affect future US visa prospects.

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
I received my passport yesterday. We have sent following things to CIC as requested.
1. My passport and two photos
2. My wife's passport and her two photos
3. My daughter's passport copy and her two photos

However, in the return envelop, we received

1. Passports (mine and wife's) with visa stamps.
2. COPRs (for all of us) (one with our photos and other without).

strangely they sent back my other (I submitted two photos as requested) photo. I found that photo in my passport. My family member's photos didnt come back. Is it normal? I was thinking that the second photo they need it for PR card. isnt it?
should I contact CIC.

carolcai

Mar 15, 2017
Wow! that was very elaborate...nice to know the whole process and your smooth transaction. Hopefully the same would be for all of us. Congratulations once again and happy stay in Canada as a PR...:)
Thanks !

If you drive, or a friend of you can drive you, and if you are in Southern Onatario area, it is better to go to Peace Bridge early in the morning before 8:00am. The officers there all seemed pretty chill. I had a plan B to go to Sarnia if didnt work. But luckly everything went well.

Good luck!

carolcai

Mar 15, 2017
Thanks for the details--- I am wondering does the rejection of the entry into USA affect future US visa prospects.
No, flagfole wont affect anything. I have a US visa, the officer on the bridge asked me several times if I wanted to "come in" (as in entering the States), I said no coz I needed to go back to work. The other officer didn`t even put a name on the while paper. Plus it is only administrative, no stamps on Visa or passport or anything.

No worries.....

carolcai

Mar 15, 2017
I received my passport yesterday. We have sent following things to CIC as requested.
1. My passport and two photos
2. My wife's passport and her two photos
3. My daughter's passport copy and her two photos

However, in the return envelop, we received

1. Passports (mine and wife's) with visa stamps.
2. COPRs (for all of us) (one with our photos and other without).

strangely they sent back my other (I submitted two photos as requested) photo. I found that photo in my passport. My family member's photos didnt come back. Is it normal? I was thinking that the second photo they need it for PR card. isnt it?
should I contact CIC.

I got one photo back too. I am the primary applicant, also single applicant. It should be fine. you will find "CIC copy" and "Client copy" on each of the CoPR.

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
No, flagfole wont affect anything. I have a US visa, the officer on the bridge asked me several times if I wanted to "come in" (as in entering the States), I said no coz I needed to go back to work. The other officer didn`t even put a name on the while paper. Plus it is only administrative, no stamps on Visa or passport or anything.

No worries.....

I understand you have visa. So it wont affect.
In my case - I have US visa - not worried.
My wife's US-visa has been expired - so wondering if flagpolling affect her future US visa prospects.
I am bit worried and curious.