09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
zezu said:
I would go together, but im still sorting my funds situation- and depending on that ill either go saturday or sunday IF the funds show up in my account. Otherwise i may have to delay till next weekend.

I got my passport back!
Sounds good. Congrats again.

My plans to land might be on hold at the moment. The thing is that I have to travel second week of November to the UK for 2 weeks, and then again travel mid December. I just called CIC and asked if I can travel once I do the landing but haven't gotten the PR card. The agent told me it will take about 1.5 months to get the PR card, which means if I land now I'll be locked till mid-December.

He said I should just do the landing when I travel out and come back into Canada at Toronto airport. But after that I have to have a window of 1.5 months in the country without travelling. I'm kinda disappointed because that would mean I can't travel until end of the year.
The other option is that if I do travel, I can apply for a travel document and that will let me enter the country again.

Does any of you have any experience in this? Any way to get around this? lazybone, do you know any other threads here which may have some idea?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
amusingfirefly said:
Sounds good. Congrats again.

My plans to land might be on hold at the moment. The thing is that I have to travel second week of November to the UK for 2 weeks, and then again travel mid December. I just called CIC and asked if I can travel once I do the landing but haven't gotten the PR card. The agent told me it will take about 1.5 months to get the PR card, which means if I land now I'll be locked till mid-December.

He said I should just do the landing when I travel out and come back into Canada at Toronto airport. But after that I have to have a window of 1.5 months in the country without travelling. I'm kinda disappointed because that would mean I can't travel until end of the year.
The other option is that if I do travel, I can apply for a travel document and that will let me enter the country again.

Does any of you have any experience in this? Any way to get around this? lazybone, do you know any other threads here which may have some idea?
Did a search and here is what i found..might be relevant..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/travel-to-us-while-waiting-for-pr-card-t410028.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-i-apply-for-prtd-permanent-resident-travel-document-before-first-landing-t452950.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applying-for-a-permanent-resident-travel-documentprtd-t449540.0.html

Hope this helps!!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
iamlily said:
The officer asked me, have you been refused entry to Canada or any other country?
I said, I have been refused visa...
He said, just visa?
I said, yes...
He said, it's ok...

end...

refused entry does not mean refused visa...
Tantamounts to the same thing my friend.. :)

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
lazybone said:
Did a search and here is what i found..might be relevant..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/travel-to-us-while-waiting-for-pr-card-t410028.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-i-apply-for-prtd-permanent-resident-travel-document-before-first-landing-t452950.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applying-for-a-permanent-resident-travel-documentprtd-t449540.0.html

Hope this helps!!

Thanks man!

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
"This application has been approved" -- :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

YES YES YES YES YES

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
cheire said:
Congrats
When they received your passport?
October 17

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know how long it will take to activate return tracker ?

File approved yesterday but return tracker still not activated.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Preet_S said:
Does anyone know how long it will take to activate return tracker ?

File approved yesterday but return tracker still not activated.
it happens in batches- collection of passports, stamping (when you get to see approved on my cic)...and sending out as well...

think Tatiana and you are in the same batch coz both you have application approved today... for me it took 2 days from approved to return tracker activation

hope this helps

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
lazybone said:
it happens in batches- collection of passports, stamping (when you get to see approved on my cic)...and sending out as well...

think Tatiana and you are in the same batch coz both you have application approved today... for me it took 2 days from approved to return tracker activation

hope this helps
That's pretty cool. Thanks for letting us know :)

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lazybone said:

hope this helps
Thanks for reply

Yes tracker activated today evening. Hoping to receive PP and COPR tomorrow. :)

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my passport last monday and I got it back today!

newcecapplicant

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
lazybone said:

hope this helps
Hi Lazybone,

It's nice to see you're active here despite your PP being approved and file being completed. I sent my PP on Monday and I haven't seen it has having been received by IRCC in my MYCIC account. Canadapost stated it was received and signed for on Wednesday.

Can you or any of the other members shed some light on this?

merci! :)