pp received: Oct 7
approved: Oct 19
return tracker activated: Oct 24 ;D

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
amusingfirefly said:
Congratulations, zezu!! My app changed to approved and closed today too! I firmly believe in the batch theory now.

I can't see my return tracker activated yet, so I'm not sure of it yet. But I will get back to you when it does become activated.
Yay for us! hope this batch officer takes the liberty to get up and post the passports tomorrow

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
NOR_Steff said:
Happy Monday!

PPR October 4th
Sent in October 4th
Received Ottawa October 5th
Application approved online October 14th
Received in the mail October 19th (1 day delay due to processing error)
Landed October 21st at 10pm (Peace bridge, Niagara Falls, ON)
No issues, was asked 2 questions. Prior criminal convictions and if I had been previously denied entry. Took about 10 minutes.

I applied from within Canada, and was on a bridge permit after my post graduate work permit had expired.

Good luck to the rest of you

Finally done, thank you good folks on this forum for all the help.
Congratulations!!!!!

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
Question about landing (for those of you who are done with this! :p) :
- Is it possible to do landing when I am flying back to Toronto from any routine trip? Is it necessary to do the landing like most people here describe (i.e., drive to Buffalo and do it there, etc)?
- POF : I'm an FSW Inland candidate. Do I need to give the updated POF or the POF documents that I had submitted at the time of the AOR? How important is this?
- Anything other than POF that is important? Lazybone, I remember you had said that the lady at the border just glanced over your other documents, right?

Thanks in advance guys.

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
amusingfirefly said:
- Is it possible to do landing when I am flying back to Toronto from any routine trip? Is it necessary to do the landing like most people here describe (i.e., drive to Buffalo and do it there, etc)?
- POF : I'm an FSW Inland candidate. Do I need to give the updated POF or the POF documents that I had submitted at the time of the AOR? How important is this?
- Anything other than POF that is important? Lazybone, I remember you had said that the lady at the border just glanced over your other documents, right?

Thanks in advance guys.
Has your tracker been activated? I intend to land at niagara provided the passport gets back- carrying pp, copr, pof (latest)

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
zezu said:
Has your tracker been activated? I intend to land at niagara provided the passport gets back- carrying pp, copr, pof (latest)

Not yet, zezu. Hoping today is the day. Just asking the questions to prepare as I might need to fly out as soon as I get my passport.

Niagara sounds great. Do you live in Toronto? Are you driving?

SanthoshKrishna

Sep 10, 2013
just now, called CIC call centre to check my PPR visa status. Agent confirmed, they received PP and it is in queue to print the visa, anytime can happen. :)

Outline of my timeline.....

PP to Ottawa - 12 Oct
Status is not update in my CIC account
Tracker is not activated yet.

SpainFabi

Jun 13, 2016
Hey guys,

PPR received on October 12th,
Copy of passport and photos on October 13th
Ottawa received docs on October 14th.
Application closed and approved on October 25th
Waiting for return tracker activation! close to the end! :)

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
amusingfirefly said:

Thanks in advance guys.
1. landing-I believe it would to be a CIC office at Toronto or at a border close to Toronto for landing..not sure though
2. Updated POF-pretty important considering you are FSW...it depends on BSO...some ask and some don't
3. Carry your work permits, COPR/Passports, POF, etc...they might or might not ask for it...I got asked something completely unexpected...for sure they will ask you statutory questions and they will ask you about material changes to your application (for example-change of marital status, pregnancy, baby born, etc)

hope this helps!!

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
amusingfirefly said:
Not yet, zezu. Hoping today is the day. Just asking the questions to prepare as I might need to fly out as soon as I get my passport.

i live in toronto yes. dont drive, so will probably bus it!

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
amusingfirefly said:

oHHHHH! my tracker says received at ottawa post, should be here tomorrow!
i could cry over this. yours should be enroute too im guessing