+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa - October 2016

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
amusingfirefly said:
Well, that's good. When I called, they didn't tell me anything about the passport being 'in queue' or what that means. They just told me it has been received, and will be processed before February 23, 2017. I was like WTF? He was like that's the maximum time they have to process it, and most likely it should be done much sooner than that.

I am hoping it is the same case as yours, i.e., 'in queue'. Honestly this whole thing is driving me insane. I don't know why they don't give us the information that is available to the call centre agents. It would just make their life so much easier. ---> this is true...they do it in batches- batches for passport collection, visa printing, and sending out
Has it ever happened to anyone that the passport is sent to CPC and then there is a rejection or further request for documents?

Relax brother...you will hear back soon!!

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
amusingfirefly said:
Well, that's good. When I called, they didn't tell me anything about the passport being 'in queue' or what that means. They just told me it has been received, and will be processed before February 23, 2017. I was like WTF? He was like that's the maximum time they have to process it, and most likely it should be done much sooner than that.

I am hoping it is the same case as yours, i.e., 'in queue'. Honestly this whole thing is driving me insane. I don't know why they don't give us the information that is available to the call centre agents. It would just make their life so much easier.

Has it ever happened to anyone that the passport is sent to CPC and then there is a rejection or further request for documents?
I have the same concern, i just hope they dont have something flagged. Although it is counter intuitive to them sending out passport requests to people they are undecided upon. When they do send out a passport request- it somewhat implies they are good to proceed and due diligence is complete.

So the only thing that makes sense is that which ever officer our application landed with is either swamped with work, or just slow and lazy.

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
lazybone said:
amusingfirefly said:

I am hoping it is the same case as yours, i.e., 'in queue'. Honestly this whole thing is driving me insane. I don't know why they don't give us the information that is available to the call centre agents. It would just make their life so much easier. ---> this is true...they do it in batches- batches for passport collection, visa printing, and sending out

Relax brother...you will hear back soon!!

Sorry lazybone. It's just that I had a ticket booked to go to US on 20th and I had to cancel that. I had to go for some important work meetings, and everything is up in the air because of this. At least if I know that it has been approved I can book for a week after.

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
zezu said:
I have the same concern, i just hope they dont have something flagged. Although it is counter intuitive to them sending out passport requests to people they are undecided upon. When they do send out a passport request- it somewhat implies they are good to proceed and due diligence is complete.

So the only thing that makes sense is that which ever officer our application landed with is either swamped with work, or just slow and lazy.

That makes sense - I believe so too. It would be counter intuitive to request passports without having done the due diligence.

Thanks for saying that - it makes me feel better already.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
amusingfirefly said:
That makes sense - I believe so too. It would be counter intuitive to request passports without having done the due diligence.

Thanks for saying that - it makes me feel better already.
zezu is correct...im pretty sure it is sitting in a batch ready to be stamped.. hang in there buddy!!

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
lazybone said:
Are you aware of what documents we may need? Like all docs we submitted during eApr?
1. Passport
2. CoPR
3. Old work permits (This may or may not be asked)
4. Proof of funds or Proof of employment (This may or may not be asked, not applicable to CEC applicants)

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
milo2015 said:
1. Passport
2. CoPR
3. Old work permits (This may or may not be asked)
4. Proof of funds or Proof of employment (This may or may not be asked, not applicable to CEC applicants)
Thanks Milo...appreciate the assist!! :)