+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA NOVEMBER 2015 ... PLEASE CONNECT HERE !!!

Kks2015

Nov 1, 2015
If we will go to the border and we have a son with canadian passport will the us immig officer give him a refusal entry too?

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Saad1985 said:
Once we receive our passports, how long do we have till we can land? Also I am a student in the US, so I will have to return quickly, is there a minimum time I have to remain in Canada?
Land before your medical expires i.e. within one year from the date you got your medical examination.

aikcmao

Dec 6, 2015
Hi everyone,

I need your your advice.

I got my OpenWorkPermit in July 2015 which is good till July 2017. I applied for temporary residence visa in October 23,2015 to extend my visa while waiting for PR under family sponsorship . I sent my application via Canada post with Xpress post signature required option. According to Canada post it was received October 26th,2015. It was signed by Mr MMcFadden. I called CIC to follow up. They told me they never received my application. I call Canada post to double check. they told me my application was received by the case processing centrein Ottawa. The address is right. According to CIC they never received my application. they are investigating now. It has been more then a week now. I do not know what to do? My passport was in my application as well. any suggestion? Or anybody is having a similar issue?

Thank you in advance

avstools

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Spouse RCMP-June 17th..Submitted June 30th
AOR Received.
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
09/05/2015
Passport Req..
17th November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passports Received on 30th Nov 2015
LANDED..........
5th Dec. 2015 at Coutts
AM198 said:
Can anyone please tell me what documents I should have when I land? My COPR doesn't really mention any specific documents I need to have on me other than the COPR and Passport with my visa. I am currently on implied status. Do I need proof of my implied status? Do I need hard copies of all the documents I applied with such as my police clearance certificate, transcripts, employment history letter etc?
It is a very simple procedure : They just ask (CBSA), whether you have any criminal records? No of the dependents? Then they ask you to sign both the sets(COPR Client copy and CIC copy) and hand over our copy. The whole procedure takes just 15-20minutes only. They stamp the date and the officer sign. He explains the PR privileges and handover the complete information sheet for Permanent Residents.
But it is always better to keep those records which you submitted before. You never know. All the best.

Regarding the implied status. We were on implied status from 5th Sept. 2015 to 17th October 2015 before CIC issued our renewed work permits. At the border they took back After that only our Express entry got approved. So most probably they should issue your work permit before they approve your work permit.

avstools

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
09/05/2015
Passport Req..
17th November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
5th Dec. 2015 at Coutts
avstools said:
It is a very simple procedure : They just ask (CBSA), whether you have any criminal records? No of the dependents? Then they ask you to sign both the sets(COPR Client copy and CIC copy) and hand over our copy. The whole procedure takes just 15-20minutes only. They stamp the date and the officer sign. He explains the PR privileges and handover the complete information sheet for Permanent Residents.
But it is always better to keep those records which you submitted before. You never know. All the best.

Regarding the implied status. We were on implied status from 5th Sept. 2015 to 17th October 2015 before CIC issued our renewed work permits. At the border they took back After that only our Express entry got approved. So most probably they should issue your work permit before they approve your work permit.
The last line should read "They should approve your Express Entry"

avstools

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
09/05/2015
Passport Req..
17th November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
5th Dec. 2015 at Coutts
aikcmao said:
Hi everyone,

I need your your advice.

I got my OpenWorkPermit in July 2015 which is good till July 2017. I applied for temporary residence visa in October 23,2015 to extend my visa while waiting for PR under family sponsorship . I sent my application via Canada post with Xpress post signature required option. According to Canada post it was received October 26th,2015. It was signed by Mr MMcFadden. I called CIC to follow up. They told me they never received my application. I call Canada post to double check. they told me my application was received by the case processing centrein Ottawa. The address is right. According to CIC they never received my application. they are investigating now. It has been more then a week now. I do not know what to do? My passport was in my application as well. any suggestion? Or anybody is having a similar issue?

Thank you in advance
Hi Buddy,

Don't worry buddy. Most probably they misplaced your package within their office. Every day Canada post delivers 1000s of passports and packages. That is why. They can easily find it if it is signed by someone there. Since some one signed ,it is 100 % within their office. It is just a few days of delay. That is it.

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I was wondering, Ottawa received my copies last Tue... and from what my friends were waiting, I was hoping to get it back already.
Do you know what is the usual time to wait for the COPR for people who are not sending the passports?
Were there any refusals at this point?
When should I give them a call and see if everything is fine?

I know I might sound impatient, but we have everything expired, and this has been a really long and exhausting journey.

thanks

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
colorblind said:
Hi guys, I was wondering, Ottawa received my copies last Tue... and from what my friends were waiting, I was hoping to get it back already.
Do you know what is the usual time to wait for the COPR for people who are not sending the passports?
Were there any refusals at this point?
When should I give them a call and see if everything is fine?

I know I might sound impatient, but we have everything expired, and this has been a really long and exhausting journey.

thanks
My friend and I are exempt of visa they send back our documents in 1 week.

elite_stud

Nov 25, 2015
Atlast the overall process for PR is finally over. Did the landing at Ottawa office (cic).
No appointment needed for this office - but seems the dates are only available every 2nd and 4th tuesdays. Next available date is 22nd of this month incase anybody wants to do their landing.
Now the wait for the PR card starts.

passport sent - Nov 16
CIC approved & close - Nov 21
Passport Received - Dec01
Landing - Dec08

Artak-g

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
10-june 2015
AOR Received.
14 feb 2015
Med's Request
05 mar 2015
Med's Done....
16 mar 2015
Passport Req..
24 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
16 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
20 Dec 2015
elite_stud said:
Atlast the overall process for PR is finally over. Did the landing at Ottawa office (cic).
No appointment needed for this office - but seems the dates are only available every 2nd and 4th tuesdays. Next available date is 22nd of this month incase anybody wants to do their landing.
Now the wait for the PR card starts.

passport sent - Nov 16
CIC approved & close - Nov 21
Passport Received - Dec01
Landing - Dec08

CONGRATULATIONS

pxmyh

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015
LANDED..........
05-12-2015
landed a week ago ;D good luck to everyone!

alicefox

Jul 30, 2015
pxmyh said:
landed a week ago ;D good luck to everyone!
Really happy for you! can you share some more info: did you send the actual passport or passport copies? did you send it within Ontario?

pxmyh

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015
LANDED..........
05-12-2015
alicefox said:
Really happy for you! can you share some more info: did you send the actual passport or passport copies? did you send it within Ontario?
I sent my actual passport since my country is in the list of countries which requires Visa, and since I live in Ottawa, yes, it took me 1 day for CPC-Ottawa to receive the package.

Artak-g

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
10-june 2015