+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA NOVEMBER 2015 ... PLEASE CONNECT HERE !!!

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
canadiensedream2015 said:
HELP PLEASE!

I just realized I sent my family's passport altogether. But my kid's passport is from a visa exempt country.

What should I do? Is there any number I can call? Any help/thoughts are greatly appreciated.

PPR Nov 18
PP received in Ottawa Nov 19

No updates on CIC, no tracker activated.
You should send them an email

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
Ottawa-applicant said:
yes

Notes to the photographer
The two (2) photographs must be:
taken by a commercial photographer
50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures
between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural
top of head)
Hi,

I submitted a 35*45 photo on friday with my passport, the photographer said that was the right size :(

Any idea what would happen in this case? Should I expect the photos been rejected & my PP been sent back.. Advise pls.. I'm tensed :(

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
CALINA said:
Notes to the photographer
The two (2) photographs must be:
4 taken by a commercial photographer
4 50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures
between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural
top of head)
Would my Passport be returned along with the rejected photos? or would they ask for new pics? Help pls..

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Satsu said:
Would my Passport be returned along with the rejected photos? or would they ask for new pics? Help pls..
I don't think they reject you for that just ask for new pictures

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
CALINA said:
I don't think they reject you for that just ask for new pictures
I really hope that's the case.. been thru so far & feeling so stupid to have made this mistake at the wrong time :'(

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Satsu said:
I really hope that's the case.. been thru so far & feeling so stupid to have made this mistake at the wrong time :'(
You send the right photos...i have sent same size 35x45 and my application is Approved&Closed ,still waiting for my passport back... read this ,is from CIC web...

The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″).
The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).
Crown means the top of the head or (if obscured by hair or a head covering) where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.
If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.

skar

Oct 7, 2015
MyCIC updated day before yesterday.. application closed and approved. Still waiting for return tracker to be activated but hopefully will be getting it by this week

ITA: 20th March
AOR: 5th May
RRSP + Schedule A: 21st Aug
PPR: 12th Nov
passport sent: 18th Nov
MyCiC updated: 28th Nov

Hope this helps for time reference

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lady M said:
You send the right photos...i have sent same size 35x45 and my application is Approved&Closed ,still waiting for my passport back... read this ,is from CIC web...

The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″).
The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).
Crown means the top of the head or (if obscured by hair or a head covering) where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.
If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
this is regarding Temporary Resident Visa application, not a PR.

for a PR photo spec please check this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Satsu said:
Hi,

I submitted a 35*45 photo on friday with my passport, the photographer said that was the right size :(

Any idea what would happen in this case? Should I expect the photos been rejected & my PP been sent back.. Advise pls.. I'm tensed :(
it should be Okay, if there is anything wrong they would just ask you to submit new photo, but i believe they can re-size it. you could call cic and inquire or simply mail new photo if your not too comfortable

cheers

elite_stud

Nov 25, 2015
While we are waiting for the passport Can any of you help me with this.
i am currently in implied status and my visa has expired - am i allowed to do flag pole landing after receiving the passport. Heard ppl saying we will lose implied status after we cross the border. I am currently working right now and i dont want to lose the implied status.

Is the only solution for this is to do landing procedure on inland CIC offices?

passport sent - Nov 16
CIC approved & close - Nov 21

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa-applicant said:
this is regarding Temporary Resident Visa application, not a PR.

for a PR photo spec please check this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
I think you right.... i send the wrong size....35x45....but my status is APPROVED&CLOSED now so that means they was ok with this size,right? Still waiting for my PP back....

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lady M said:
I think you right.... i send the wrong size....35x45....but my status is APPROVED&CLOSED now so that means they was ok with this size,right? Still waiting for my PP back....
yes if you already sent it its fine..hope you get your PP back soon... my status hasn't changed yet, but i got my PP back along with visa and CoPR

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
Ottawa-applicant said:
it should be Okay, if there is anything wrong they would just ask you to submit new photo, but i believe they can re-size it. you could call cic and inquire or simply mail new photo if your not too comfortable

cheers
Thanks for confirming..

To add to it.. My spouse had submitted the passport today in VFS-India, I asked her to take both pics 35*45 & 50*70 just on case.. The VFS people took the 35*45 and said it doesn't matter whichever size.. We don't know what it means.. It just adds to the confusion..

I'll just wait for Ottawa to get back to see if my 35*45 pics have been accepted or not..

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elite_stud said:
While we are waiting for the passport Can any of you help me with this.
i am currently in implied status and my visa has expired - am i allowed to do flag pole landing after receiving the passport. Heard ppl saying we will lose implied status after we cross the border. I am currently working right now and i dont want to lose the implied status.

Is the only solution for this is to do landing procedure on inland CIC offices?

passport sent - Nov 16
CIC approved & close - Nov 21
After you get your PP and COPR you can cross the border to do your landing...you will lose your implied status of course but you come back as a PR...so you no need this implied status anymore