+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa - July 2016

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
sachinsoman1988 said:
I was looking for turnaround time by CPC (Time between passport is received and return tracker is activated/dispatched by CPC).
In late June, it was about 10-14 days on average for inland applicants. (I'm outland, so mine is an exceptional case.)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passports-to-cpcottawa-in-june-2016-t428967.60.html

We don't have too many reports in July yet presumably because of the Canada Post situation at the start of the month.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
bellaluna said:
In late June, it was about 10-14 days on average for inland applicants. (I'm outland, so mine is an exceptional case.)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passports-to-cpcottawa-in-june-2016-t428967.60.html

We don't have too many reports in July yet presumably because of the Canada Post situation at the start of the month.
I am technically an Outland...Applicant from US and passports to CPC Ottawa....

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Still haven't sent mine - because I'm still not 100% positive I need to send my physical passport or just a copy of it as I'm an American citizen and don't need a Visa OR an ETA to travel to Canada. People on here have told me just a copy...I'm just really nervous because I don't want to screw it up. Couldn't get through on the phone today to CIC either :(

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
AmericanMovingToCanada said:
Still haven't sent mine - because I'm still not 100% positive I need to send my physical passport or just a copy of it as I'm an American citizen and don't need a Visa OR an ETA to travel to Canada. People on here have told me just a copy...I'm just really nervous because I don't want to screw it up. Couldn't get through on the phone today to CIC either :(
Your PPR Mail says if you are exempted from a visa then just copies of your passport are needed.

Reactions: Adanac11

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
AmericanMovingToCanada said:
You've already been told here you're visa exempt and that you should only send photocopies. You can look for other American citizens on this forum and many other visa-exempt people have done this and gotten their COPR. Besides, you won't get rejected for doing the wrong thing at this point. Relax. ;)

lcnana

Jan 28, 2015
PPR- 11 July
PP sent- 12 July
PP Delivered-13 July
Online status changed to closed jul16

I am from visa exempt country so I only sent copies of passports and apparently.it worked :)

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
bellaluna said:
You've already been told here you're visa exempt and that you should only send photocopies. You can look for other American citizens on this forum and many other visa-exempt people have done this and gotten their COPR. Besides, you won't get rejected for doing the wrong thing at this point. Relax. ;)
Haha! I'm just a worrier. But I did send up my photocopies today via Fedex! Due in Ontario Monday morning. :) Back to the waiting game!

Aug 11, 2015
Hi All,

I had sent my passport on 12th July and it was delivered on 13th July to Ottawa office. I had requested for a signature on delivery but when I checked the tracker on 13th July there were no signatures even if it said that it was delivered.
I called CIC on 15th July to confirm if they have received my passport and the lady who was very helpful told me that there was no note on my application saying that they received it. This totally freaked me out and I rechecked the tracker and saw someone called J Thomas had signed and received it. I further asked the Lady that does it take time for CIC to update the note on the file confirming that they have received the passport to which she replied that it is generally immediate as it is a very important document.
I am now so scared as I am not sure why the Passport Received note was not added to my application even after 2 days since delivery. :( :(

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
rohan.mukherjee2011 said:
Hi All,

I had sent my passport on 12th July and it was delivered on 13th July to Ottawa office. I had requested for a signature on delivery but when I checked the tracker on 13th July there were no signatures even if it said that it was delivered.
I called CIC on 15th July to confirm if they have received my passport and the lady who was very helpful told me that there was no note on my application saying that they received it. This totally freaked me out and I rechecked the tracker and saw someone called J Thomas had signed and received it. I further asked the Lady that does it take time for CIC to update the note on the file confirming that they have received the passport to which she replied that it is generally immediate as it is a very important document.
I am now so scared as I am not sure why the Passport Received note was not added to my application even after 2 days since delivery. :( :(
IRCC doesn't have as many agents as applicants to update everything instantly. You are mailing a government agency, they don't jump out of excitement on every "you've got mail" notice. The passports are probably sitting on a pile waiting to be processed in batches.

There have been a couple of people in other threads mentioning their passports got signed by that guy and they got their visas and passports back. Mine was signed by that guy on Thursday as well. Relax.

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
PPR: july 12, 2016
sent it on July 14, 2014!
on its way to deliver it to CPC right now

lcnana

Jan 28, 2015
Hi guys

i have a question in regards to return pp

my app was clsoed on Jul15/Jul16 but my tracker is not activated yet.
I just called call center and the lady told me my passport has been mailed on Jul15th and now i am a little bit worried

Anyone know how long does it take for tracker to show status please?

Thank you very much!

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
aaro27 said:
PPR: july 12, 2016
sent it on July 14, 2014!
on its way to deliver it to CPC right now
hey hello. can you tell me when you status changed to closed in your cic account ?

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
Baljas said:
hey hello. can you tell me when you status changed to closed in your cic account ?
my status is still open in my CIC account