+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC-Ottawa (January 2020)

Nemesis_M6

Jan 28, 2020
Hi All,

Thought I'd start a thread so we can track passport submission process to CPC-Ottawa. This is for PR applicants in North America who can directly mail their passport to CPC-Ottawa.

My details:
Passport shipped: Monday, January 27, 2020
Expected delivery: Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Stream: FSW-Inland

buer

Feb 12, 2020
Hi All,

Thought I'd start a thread so we can track passport submission process to CPC-Ottawa. This is for PR applicants in North America who can directly mail their passport to CPC-Ottawa.

My details:
Passport shipped: Monday, January 27, 2020
Expected delivery: Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Stream: FSW-Inland
Any news for you yet? Mine is February 2020 but no need to open a new thread IMO

Passport shipped to Ottawa from Toronto: February 10, 2020
Signed in Ottawa" February 11

I didn't get the tracker slip from the return xpresspost envelope unfortunately, so I am not sure how I will know if it has been activated.

Canada-Ontario

Jan 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, to all of you who received PPR email recently I have a question and hope you can help. My cousin received PPR email last week but we suspect that it might not be the real PPR email. There are multiple reasons for this suspicion: 1) She applied under express entry Canadian class, but the email says This email is regarding the Application for Permanent Residence under Family Class Sponsorship that you submitted to this office....... She is single!, 2) The subject doesn't say "Ready for Visa" like a normal PPR email it says "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration" instead, and lastly 3) The email was sent by an employee through this email: Christine.Carver@cic.gc.ca, and not by a general CIC email address. The email has an attached PDF file that contain all the correct information a PPR email should have like barcode, application number, UCI, the instructions and the address where passport needs to be sent. Do you think this email is real? What does the subject of your PPR email says?

Canada-Ontario

Jan 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news for you yet? Mine is February 2020 but no need to open a new thread IMO

Passport shipped to Ottawa from Toronto: February 10, 2020
Signed in Ottawa" February 11

I didn't get the tracker slip from the return xpresspost envelope unfortunately, so I am not sure how I will know if it has been activated.
Hi can you tell me what was the subject of your PPR email and which email address it was sent from?

buer

Feb 12, 2020
Hi can you tell me what was the subject of your PPR email and which email address it was sent from?
Mine was sent by the same email address as in your message and had all of my application's data. The subject was: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration

Most importantly, the email is digitally signed by cic.gc.ca.

The PO BOX where it asks for passports to be sent is also the right one.

buer

Feb 12, 2020
Hi, to all of you who received PPR email recently I have a question and hope you can help. My cousin received PPR email last week but we suspect that it might not be the real PPR email. There are multiple reasons for this suspicion: 1) She applied under express entry Canadian class, but the email says This email is regarding the Application for Permanent Residence under Family Class Sponsorship that you submitted to this office....... She is single!, 2) The subject doesn't say "Ready for Visa" like a normal PPR email it says "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration" instead, and lastly 3) The email was sent by an employee through this email: Christine.Carver@cic.gc.ca, and not by a general CIC email address. The email has an attached PDF file that contain all the correct information a PPR email should have like barcode, application number, UCI, the instructions and the address where passport needs to be sent. Do you think this email is real? What does the subject of your PPR email says?
My email was exactly like this and is digitally signed by CIC.

buer

Feb 12, 2020
So the email you received also says Family Class Sponsorship? What class you have applied for?
It says Family class even though I applied for express entry. The attached PDF says Express Entry and is exactly like the one a friend got when she applied a while ago. You can also call them and ask.

Canada-Ontario

Jan 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It says Family class even though I applied for express entry. The attached PDF says Express Entry and is exactly like the one a friend got when she applied a while ago. You can also call them and ask.
Thank you. You helped a lot :) Hope you get your passport back soon.

Feb 13, 2020
Hey, i was hoping to know if any of you had any trouble with making sure they received the passports at the CPC office...my package for some reason was collected at K1A 0K2 which is not the zip / pincode for the CPC. It was signed for by RRosie.

Have any of you had such an issue?

Thanks

rocky045

Feb 18, 2020
Do we have any conclusion for this message?
I received one mail similar to this and was confused

buer

Feb 12, 2020
Do we have any conclusion for this message?
I received one mail similar to this and was confused
I replied earlier. I got the same message for an express entry saying family sponsorship and sent by the same person. However, the email was digitally signed by CIC and the attachment had all of the correct information for my application (UCI, etc). I sent the passport last week with that Annex and my application was approved today.

rocky045

Feb 18, 2020
I replied earlier. I got the same message for an express entry saying family sponsorship and sent by the same person. However, the email was digitally signed by CIC and the attachment had all of the correct information for my application (UCI, etc). I sent the passport last week with that Annex and my application was approved today.
Thanks @buer will submit by Passport details and will update the results later.

rocky045

Feb 18, 2020
Just want to provide an update
Thanks to all who helped in this process.
PPR- Feb-18-2020
PP sent Feb-19-2020
Application Approved on Mar-5-2020
PP delivered on Mar-9-2020
Soft Landing Completed Mar-10-2020