+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa January 2018

chris8890

May 2, 2018
hi quick question, inland application, is that the whole process over after getting back the passport and COPR? I mean no need to "landed", right? And how about the PR card? Should we need to apply for that? or they will send with the COPR?
As per my understanding everybody has to go through landing if they apply from inside Canada or outside that does not matter, when you will do your landing then you need to show your CORP at the border and agent will take care of the rest, you need to provide your address and they will send you the PR Card not separate application needed for this.

Dec 7, 2018
UPDATE #2: return tracker active!

Country of residence: USA
Country of citizenship: USA
Mailed application: June 18, 2018
Received: June 25, 2018
Able to link application online: Sept 24, 2018
Invitation for medical exam: Oct 4, 2018
Application sent to CPC: Oct 12, 2018
Passport requested: Tue Dec 4, 2018
Passport sent: Wed Dec 5, 2018
Passport received: Thu 6, 2018
CIC Account Approved: Tue Dec 11, 2018
Return Tracker activated: Fri Dec 14, 2018
Passport Received: waiting
Update #3: landed as a PR!!

Passport Received: Mon Dec 17, 2018

Landed as a PR Mon Dec 17!!

Reactions: HT8485
Dec 7, 2018
hi quick question, inland application, is that the whole process over after getting back the passport and COPR? I mean no need to "landed", right? And how about the PR card? Should we need to apply for that? or they will send with the COPR?
Hi - you MUST land by exiting/re-entering Canada and, if you are importing any goods, you MUST prepare documentation for what you are bringing to Canada.

See here for the required documents to import items (clothing, vehicles, laptops, etc.) into Canada: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html

1. To land by "flagpole-ing": take your COPR letter and exit Canada, ideally at a land border where you can park on the Canadian side of the border, walk to the USA, "flagpole", and return to Canada to land.

2. The Canadian border guard will take your passport and COPR letter under review. You'll be asked questions like "do you have any dependents landing with you?" and "have you ever been criminally charged in any country?".

3. You will sign your COPR letter when instructed by the border guard. DO NOT SOGN YOUR COPR LETTER UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO.

4. The signed COPR letter should be kept with your passport. It serves as your official immigration document while you wait for your PR Card.

5. Your PR Card should arrive at the mailing address on your COPR letter in 6-8 weeks.

All the best!

Last edited:

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
As per my understanding everybody has to go through landing if they apply from inside Canada or outside that does not matter, when you will do your landing then you need to show your CORP at the border and agent will take care of the rest, you need to provide your address and they will send you the PR Card not separate application needed for this.
thank you but "the border" means? i must go out from Canada first and then come back again? Or just go to the airport immigration counter and request them to do the "landing"?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Update #3: landed as a PR!!

Passport Received: Mon Dec 17, 2018

Landed as a PR Mon Dec 17!!
felicitation, now get your NAS (SIN) and apply for your provincial medical card

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey guys,

I sent my passport to 365 Laurier Av. W for permanent resident visa instead of CPC Ottawa by mistake.
365 Lauries seems to be for US residents only, while CPC Ottawa is for Canadian residents. I live in Canada.

Does anyone know anything about it? Would they redirect my passport to CPC Ottawa or send it back to me? As per Canada post my passport has been delivered.

Thanks in advance
Its the same address buddy. 365 Laurier Av is street address for CPCO

Reactions: mpsqra

arinam

Feb 1, 2019
Its the same address buddy. 365 Laurier Av is street address for CPCO
Really? Here is what they sent me in the ready for visa email:

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 8781
Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:

- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Seems like two different addresses no?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Really? Here is what they sent me in the ready for visa email:

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 8781
Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:

- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Seems like two different addresses no?
Hmmm ... Not sure how can someone help you. Let me try once again. Read my response again. I said 365 Laurier Ave is street address for CPCO. Now read the two addresses again. What is the difference in them?

First one is a PO box address. Now you can google how PO box works.

Still not satisfied you can contact Canada post and try to get your package back.

arinam

Feb 1, 2019
Hmmm ... Not sure how can someone help you. Let me try once again. Read my response again. I said 365 Laurier Ave is street address for CPCO. Now read the two addresses again. What is the difference in them?

First one is a PO box address. Now you can google how PO box works.

Still not satisfied you can contact Canada post and try to get your package back.
Just trying to confirm. Thanks.

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Hi All,

I am applying PR form USA and I am an indian citizen, my application got approved on 15th feb, but there is no update on my return tracker. I sent my passport to Ottawa, is there anyone who have similar timeline like me? Based on the previous feed it seems I should get a return tracking update by tomorrow. I will post if I get any.

Aryanrocky

Mar 19, 2019
Hi All,

I am applying PR form USA and I am an indian citizen, my application got approved on 15th feb, but there is no update on my return tracker. I sent my passport to Ottawa, is there anyone who have similar timeline like me? Based on the previous feed it seems I should get a return tracking update by tomorrow. I will post if I get any.
Did you received any updates?