+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa January 2018

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys- I am little nervous. My passport was approved yesterday and it should be mailed out today. But when I put the tracking number in FedEx it shows Cancelled. Does any one have the same status? Those of you who are waiting the tracker to be activated whats the status on your fedex tracking. Please help. I called FedEx multiple times and they gave mixed answers. Two times they told me I need to send them a new label which is kind of difficult at this point and two times they told me that it will change once the package is picked up.
Mine shows label created (from when I first printed the return label). Nothing since then.

marcogbarcellos

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
IELTS Request
16-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
What number did you call and how did you reach them? I've tried multiple times and was unable to talk to anyone.
I called the inland number 1-888-242-2100

Well so I'm kinda ok now that i'm not the only, and I do believe that Canada post and in some cases Fedex might be the responsible for the delays, not the immigration at this time. At least the agent through the phone today made really clear that my passport was dispatched so is not in their hands anymore. In short, doesn't matter if you pay XpressPost you'll have a delay anyway :(

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Guys- I am little nervous. My passport was approved yesterday and it should be mailed out today. But when I put the tracking number in FedEx it shows Cancelled. Does any one have the same status? Those of you who are waiting the tracker to be activated whats the status on your fedex tracking. Please help. I called FedEx multiple times and they gave mixed answers. Two times they told me I need to send them a new label which is kind of difficult at this point and two times they told me that it will change once the package is picked up.
If your FedEx label is Cancelled and IRCC cannot use the return label then they will send you an email asking you to send a new return label. Wait for few days to exactly know if the label was actually cancelled or your passport does get delivered to you.

connieyes

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Stream: PNP Inland
PPR: Jan. 5, 2018
PP Mailed out: Jan. 9, 2018
PP Received by CIC: Jan. 10, 2018
MyCIC Approved: Jan. 24, 2018
Return Tracker Activated: Jan. 30, 2018
Passport Received: Jan. 30, 2018
Planning to do the landing at Emerson boarder in mid-Feb.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

Last edited:

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

After getting my COPR on the mail from the CPC-Ottawa, I went to Niagara this Sunday to do my landing. Upon crossing back to Canada I was informed by the officer the whole Niagara region now has a policy of doing landings only in Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I had read about restrictions on landing times at Niagara, but I thought they would apply only to summer time and peak hours. That's clearly not the case. There is no landing being processed other than the days I mentioned.
I am not sure if that's new information or not, but I thought I'd share.
Anyway, I am going back tomorrow to try again. Did anyone Flagpoled in Niagara recently? Any tips?
I want to get this done and dont want to waste the money of the trip once more.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Hi guys, are there any threads where people with similar timelines to ours are sharing their landing experience? I tried googling but didn't find any threads that are constantly updated (living chats).
If there is one, could you please share a link?

Reactions: Nevo91

zwz002

Apr 13, 2017
FSW - Outland

PPR: Dec 23, 2017
Passport sent: Jan 2, 2018
Passport received: Jan 11, 2018
My CIC approved: Jan 26, 2018
Tracker Activated: Jan 29, 2018

marcogbarcellos

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
IELTS Request
16-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Stream: FSW-Inland
PPR Date: 16-Jan-2018
Passport sent to Ottawa: 17-Jan-2018
Passport Delivered Date: 18-Jan-2018
MyCIC changed to Approved: 29-Jan-2018
Return Tracker Activated: 30-Jan-2018
COPR delivered: Waiting

Hey Guys, what documents do we need to take when landing? thanks.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Stream: FSW-Inland
PPR Date: 16-Jan-2018
Passport sent to Ottawa: 17-Jan-2018
Passport Delivered Date: 18-Jan-2018
MyCIC changed to Approved: 29-Jan-2018
Return Tracker Activated: 30-Jan-2018
COPR delivered: Waiting

Hey Guys, what documents do we need to take when landing? thanks.
Oh man, my docs were delivered to CIC on the 19th. SOOOooo close:rolleyes:! The docs you have to carry are your passport and confirmation of permanent residence. Now the other docs I've reviewed from other person's landing experience seem to be optional but I'll still list them: Bank reference letter for proof of funds, goods to follow list, 2 x additional photos for PR card. It would also save you time if you know beforehand where you want your PR cards to be emailed (must be residential and not commercial address I think. Hope this helps you and congrats.

marcogbarcellos

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
IELTS Request
16-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Oh man, my docs were delivered to CIC on the 19th. SOOOooo close:rolleyes:! The docs you have to carry are your passport and confirmation of permanent residence. Now the other docs I've reviewed from other person's landing experience seem to be optional but I'll still list them: Bank reference letter for proof of funds, goods to follow list, 2 x additional photos for PR card. It would also save you time if you know beforehand where you want your PR cards to be emailed (must be residential and not commercial address I think. Hope this helps you and congrats.
Thanks man, I appreciate it! We're really close, folk! Didn't about the 2 photos on the border though, I don't have it right now so not sure if I should take some with me. either way thanks and good luck to us!!!

Reactions: StevieFray

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Thanks man, I appreciate it! We're really close, folk! Didn't about the 2 photos on the border though, I don't have it right now so not sure if I should take some with me. either way thanks and good luck to us!!!
I don't think you need two photos at the border, unless they've changed the process. I did landing twice before, one for myself and one with my friend. The officers never asked us for photos.

You already sent two photos along with your passport for them to issue CORP, right? On the two CORPs sent back to you, one is attached with your photo. That one will be kept by the officer, and that photo will be used to issue your PR card.

marcogbarcellos

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
IELTS Request
16-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
I don't think you need two photos at the border, unless they've changed the process. I did landing twice before, one for myself and one with my friend. The officers never asked us for photos.

You already sent two photos along with your passport for them to issue CORP, right? On the CORP sent back to you, there is one photo attached to one of the two CORPs. The CORP that has photo will be kept by officer, and that photo will be used to issue your PR card.
Awesome, feeling better now. Yes I did send them 2 photos.

Thanks guys, looking forward to see the frozen falls in Niagara today or tomorrow...

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Awesome, feeling better now. Yes I did send them 2 photos.

Thanks guys, looking forward to see the frozen falls in Niagara today or tomorrow...
You're welcome. From other members, landing at Niagara (Rainbow) is now only available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so your choices are good. Congrats on your PR!