+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passports to CPC-ottawa in October 2015

Nov 5, 2015
Hi guys
My passport was received by CIC on Oct 21st.
The online status was changed to "application was approved" on Oct 31st.
I live in the US and sent a FedEx label with my return envelope. The status of that label has not been changed at all since I created it. I was wondering if they simply mailed the passport back using regular mail or its still being processed.

Has anyone used FedEx before for getting their passport back to the US?
If they use "regular mail" to mail it back, anyone have any ideas of how long that would take?

Gustcan

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
dazedandconfused said:
Hi guys
I live in the US and sent a FedEx label with my return envelope. The status of that label has not been changed at all since I created it. I was wondering if they simply mailed the passport back using regular mail or its still being processed.

If they use "regular mail" to mail it back, anyone have any ideas of how long that would take?

Hi,

I am in the US too and my passport was received by CPC Ottawa on October 28, I have not seen a update since then. However I too sent them a prepaid return envelope using UPS. I am hoping FedEx/UPS should be fine as it clearly states CPC Ottawa won't be returning passports by regular mail. Also the PPR letter asked us to send them a pre paid label from a courier which operates from Canada to US. I think we should be fine. Please update if you see movement on your return tracker. Hoping for the best.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dazedandconfused said:
Hi guys

At least one person that I know of has mailed via FedEx from the US and has successfully received the packet back through the return mailer included in the original shipment. I sent mine off on 10/27, received in Ottawa on 10/28. No movement since then. Will update if I see/hear anything. Fingers crossed.

Nov 5, 2015
Thanks guys..it's almost worse when they update the status and yet don't see any action on the passport :). I'll update the forum when I get an update. Hope for the best till then..

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
dazedandconfused said:
Hi guys

SO your situation and mine very similar. I shipped mine via fedex too, it arrived Ottawa on Oct 23rd, my return label has yet to activate. Let me know if you get your passport back without the label activated. I'm in the old system so I don't see the "application approved" step. The old system stays in "Decision Made" until you complete your landing. Please let us know. Thank you

business-mgr

Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsns said:
YES me too ! have been waiting since 30th. My CIC was changed to approved and email about update was sent to me on 31st Oct.
I do not understand why the tracker isn't activating
Same here. Got the CIC update email on Oct 31st. Application approved and closed but return tracker not activated yet. I sent them an email yesterday. I am traveling outside the country by mid November and I really hope they mail the passports within the next few days.

tankthinks

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deccan said:
At least one person that I know of has mailed via FedEx from the US and has successfully received the packet back through the return mailer included in the original shipment. I sent mine off on 10/27, received in Ottawa on 10/28. No movement since then. Will update if I see/hear anything. Fingers crossed.
cic received our pp on the same day:) lets keep each other posted!

ash5ash

Jan 5, 2015
Hey Guys, I too am in the similar situation. I sent my passport to Canada using FedEx with a return label on 20th Oct. On CIC the application was approved a couple of days ago but the tracker has not been activated yet.

I know from this forum that people have used FedEx successfully and some time it took 4-5 days between CIC update and tracker activation.

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
Tracker active and expected delivery tomorrow! ;D

Prdesupne

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent my passport on 27 n it reached there on the 28th. No update since then.

Nov 5, 2015
Hi guys
There is light at the end of the tunnel :)! My fed ex tracker was updated yesterday afternoon so it expects to be delivered on Monday. Will give a final update when I actually receive it. So my timeline looks as follows:

Oct 21st - CIC receives passport
Oct 31st - Online status is updated to Application Approved
Nov 5 - Fed Ex status updated
(tentative) Nov 9 - Passport Received

So assuming I get my passport on Monday, it can take around 2.5 weeks to receive your passport.

Thank you!