17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
BaileyAB said:
Wifedoc, we are hoping we ll see our app approved n tracker activated this Friday or next Monday. COPR should arrive then on Mon 9th or Wed 11th. We ve already booked off Wed Thu off so lets see.
We are driving from Edson, AB. 800km.
Good thing is I have all necessary gadgets installed in the car to make it under 6 hours and avoid Alberta Sheriffs and AB Integrated Highway Patrol hehehe (radar detector Passport MAX, laser jammers AL Priority Quad HiFi, police scanner Uniden BC125AT, Waze App).
Its gonna be excited :)
Where s your location?
OMG hahaha! Sounds like you're landing with james bond..

I'm in calgary.. my understanding is it's 4 hours away..

I have a question though,
I applied as a family of 4, 3 non-accompanying, as my husband and 2 kids are canadian. in my GCMS notes they were excluded from the application. Also, I have a job offer with no LMIA, and in my GCMS notes it says funds exempt.
So do I have to show proof of funds? and if so, should it be for a family of 4 or 1 person? any clue?

BaileyAB

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2015
Doc's Request.
Not at all
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
June 15, 2015
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2015
We have US Visitor Visas so we ll enter USA for 30-45mins and then come back in CA.

BaileyAB

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2015
Doc's Request.
Not at all
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
June 15, 2015
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2015
wifedoctor said:
OMG hahaha! Sounds like you're landing with james bond..

I'm in calgary.. my understanding is it's 4 hours away..

I have a question though,
I applied as a family of 4, 3 non-accompanying, as my husband and 2 kids are canadian. in my GCMS notes they were excluded from the application. Also, I have a job offer with no LMIA, and in my GCMS notes it says funds exempt.
So do I have to show proof of funds? and if so, should it be for a family of 4 or 1 person? any clue?
I believe they should not ask you for POF. Im in the same situation.
I declared only 4000$ for my wife and myself and I also have in GCMS notes that I have NOT MET FSW FUNDS requirements however next line is states my app is FSW FUNDS EXEMPT since I have LMo/LMIA work permit and legally work in Canada.

So I ll bring my new job offer, new employement letter stating I am employed with my LMO/WP employer plus recent paystubs.

Srinivasa2013

May 22, 2013
HI everyone
I received my PPR on 7th October, as I had a scheduled trip to USA, I sent my Passport on 28th and receive on 29th.

My question is I forgot to include my recent Work permit, Will it have any impact?

Thanks again

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my passport to CPC Ottawa on October18th, it was received on October 19th and since then, no news.
ECAS still shows Decision made without any new line.
It's been 15 days and my return tracker hasn't been activated either.
Hope to see some movement soon as my temporary visa together with my SIN number and OHIP expire at the end of November.

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
8Hannah8 said:
I was completing my landing at Rainbow bridge, but I think the process is pretty much the same.
You obviously need coPR and passport - which would be 2 most important documents.
I was not asked for anything else, but I brought with me:
1) Work Permit/Confirmation of Implied Status (application mailing record/confirmation of payment)
2) Copy of my lease agreement as a proof of current mailing address
3) Proof of Funds (If you are FSW it is a requirement)
4) My current employment letter which was job offer from my employer (I am CEC, but I still took it as a proof I am employed)

I went overboard with my documentation, but from what I read around the forum, that's the most common list of what Immigration Officers are asking for.

To apply for SIN you need just a record of landing and, if possible, your old SIN number. I didn't take it with me but it was not a problem.
@8Hannah8: Is it okay if I give a new address that is different from the address on my PR application during my landing process? The reason is I will be changing apartments in a few weeks and I would like my PR card to go to my new address rather than the old one.

Thanks

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
Hello Everyone,
Is it okay if I give a new address that is different from the address on my PR application during my landing process? The reason is I will be changing apartments in a few weeks and I would like my PR card to go to my new address rather than the old one.

Thanks,
R

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raphealvw said:
Hello Everyone,
Is it okay if I give a new address that is different from the address on my PR application during my landing process? The reason is I will be changing apartments in a few weeks and I would like my PR card to go to my new address rather than the old one.

Thanks,
R

No worry, it not a big deal at all. You can inform the officer at border.

lilly32

Jan 19, 2014
Copy of passport left Calgary Monday 26th(missed last post Friday before, accepted to post office on this day)
Arrived Ottawa Tues 27th
Mycic approved Thursday 29th
Mycic closed Friday 30th
CoPR arrived Monday Nov 2
Will do border crossing as it takes a few weeks to get appointment at Service Canada

Almost 6 months since applied-FSW

Almost 5 years since started PR process in total! A long story that need not be told anymore, moral of story is to hang in there, that's what gets you to the end eventually! :) :) :)

tankthinks

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilly32 said:
Copy of passport left Calgary Monday 26th(missed last post Friday before, accepted to post office on this day)
Arrived Ottawa Tues 27th
Mycic approved Thursday 29th
Mycic closed Friday 30th
CoPR arrived Monday Nov 2
Will do border crossing as it takes a few weeks to get appointment at Service Canada

Almost 6 months since applied-FSW

Almost 5 years since started PR process in total! A long story that need not be told anymore, moral of story is to hang in there, that's what gets you to the end eventually! :) :) :)
wow congrats!

That was quick to get passport back... cic received my pp on Oct 28, still no news so far....

Does anyone know if I drive to states for shopping, can I do landing when coming back to canada??? Or I have to do that flagpole thing at the us border????

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
tankthinks said:
wow congrats!

That was quick to get passport back... cic received my pp on Oct 28, still no news so far....

Does anyone know if I drive to states for shopping, can I do landing when coming back to canada??? Or I have to do that flagpole thing at the us border????
You totally can go shopping and return. Im planning to do the same thing.

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
PP received by CIC 16-Oct
My CIC changed to Approved 30-Oct
Return tracker still not activated even though its the third business day after Approve status in mycic. Really confused! Any body else waiting this long for their RT to activate?

itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
m_dewan33 said:
PP received by CIC 16-Oct
My CIC changed to Approved 30-Oct
Return tracker still not activated even though its the third business day after Approve status in mycic. Really confused! Any body else waiting this long for their RT to activate?
YES me too ! have been waiting since 30th. My CIC was changed to approved and email about update was sent to me on 31st Oct.
I do not understand why the tracker isn't activating

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
My tracker got activated only yesterday evening

ashlireza

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2014
hey guys,

I was wondering do you get an email when your MyCIC profile changes to approved? I am tired of checking MyCIC profile.

my passport was received by CIC on Oct 27 so I should be really lucky to get anything this week.