Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
macast said:
I received Passports and COPR yesterday al 9 PM.

Thank you for everything guys.
Felicidades!
Congratulations!
Can you get you new SIN with that, or you have to land first?

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
tomsniper said:
Felicidades!
Congratulations!
Can you get you new SIN with that, or you have to land first?
You must land first. When I was applying for a new SIN the same day, Service Canada employee suggested I should have waited for a day or two as my records might not be updated yet in their system. It was a false alarm for me, but it might be helpful for some not to rush into the process.

itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
PPR - 9th Oct
P Sent - 20th Oct
my cic approved - 31st Oct
Waiting for tracking to start :D

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
8Hannah8 said:
You must land first. When I was applying for a new SIN the same day, Service Canada employee suggested I should have waited for a day or two as my records might not be updated yet in their system. It was a false alarm for me, but it might be helpful for some not to rush into the process.
@8Hannah8 What documents do I need to take with me for landing? I'll be doing it at the local CIC office. Will appreciate any tips.

Thanks
Raph

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I will be landing in the local CIC office this week and I would like to know what documents to take with me. Please advise.

Thank you,
Raph

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Raphealvw said:
@8Hannah8 What documents do I need to take with me for landing? I'll be doing it at the local CIC office. Will appreciate any tips.

Thanks
Raph
I was completing my landing at Rainbow bridge, but I think the process is pretty much the same.
You obviously need coPR and passport - which would be 2 most important documents.
I was not asked for anything else, but I brought with me:
1) Work Permit/Confirmation of Implied Status (application mailing record/confirmation of payment)
2) Copy of my lease agreement as a proof of current mailing address
3) Proof of Funds (If you are FSW it is a requirement)
4) My current employment letter which was job offer from my employer (I am CEC, but I still took it as a proof I am employed)

I went overboard with my documentation, but from what I read around the forum, that's the most common list of what Immigration Officers are asking for.

To apply for SIN you need just a record of landing and, if possible, your old SIN number. I didn't take it with me but it was not a problem.

BaileyAB

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2015
Doc's Request.
Not at all
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
June 15, 2015
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2015
POF is not required if you are FSW and you have LMO/LMIA based work permit and work legally in Canada.
Then you are POF exempt.

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
let me share my experience at Coutts Border - I arrived at 10:35am it was busy - over all it was pleasant experience, I drove to the border since I have US visa I informed immigration officer (US side) that I'm here for my landing however I want to do some shopping from duty free they give me 6 months entry in US , they charged me 6US$ at border which is strange, anyways I went spend 15 minutes in US , bought stuff from US duty free came back to do my landing at Canada Border simply 20 minutes of waiting once you give your documents at window- immigration officer told me to park my car and come inside the lobby , but in car queue it was 45 minutes just to reach to the window ,my name was called went upto the counter immigration officer ask me give him my current work permit , verified my residence address in Canada and ask me to sign the documents (both copies of my CoPR) and then he return one copy of CoPR with my passport to me with congrates that now I am permanent resident of Canada. Handed me a paper which tells you when and how you will get your PR card, information for new comers in Canada .

I wish you all the best. here is my time line'

I'm inland cec
App submitted 17 July
Dm on 10 September
Ppr received on 13 October
Pp sent on 13 October
Pp received at cpc Ottawa on 16 October
Application approved and closed 23 October
Return tracker activated - 23 October
CoPR and passport received on 26 October
Landed on 31 October @ Coutts Border

BaileyAB

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2015
Doc's Request.
Not at all
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
June 15, 2015
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2015
Great info.
CIC also recieved my PP on Friday so Im counting I ll have app approved and tracer activated this upcoming friday.
Also will do landing in Coutts.
Thanx.

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
BaileyAB said:
Great info.
CIC also recieved my PP on Friday so Im counting I ll have app approved and tracer activated this upcoming friday.
Also will do landing in Coutts.
Thanx.
Same everything lol
Also landing in coutts, we should go together :p

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
My cic was approved on 30th oct and the return tracker has not been activated yet. It worries me a little. Anybody else in the similar situation?

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
dextrousud said:
My cic was approved on 30th oct and the return tracker has not been activated yet. It worries me a little. Anybody else in the similar situation?
Same here. Dnt worry. It takes time to activate. Read the same happened to a few on this thread itself. It should be active by today evening or tomo. Another friend I know is similar

BaileyAB

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2015
Doc's Request.
Not at all
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
June 15, 2015
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2015
Wifedoc, we are hoping we ll see our app approved n tracker activated this Friday or next Monday. COPR should arrive then on Mon 9th or Wed 11th. We ve already booked off Wed Thu off so lets see.
We are driving from Edson, AB. 800km.
Good thing is I have all necessary gadgets installed in the car to make it under 6 hours and avoid Alberta Sheriffs and AB Integrated Highway Patrol hehehe (radar detector Passport MAX, laser jammers AL Priority Quad HiFi, police scanner Uniden BC125AT, Waze App).
Its gonna be excited :)
Where s your location?

tankthinks

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can u go to US (by car) and do landing after come back? Or you have to get that flagpole at the US border?