7 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2016
LANDED..........
25 June 2016
farmore said:
I'm going today, I will let you know the outcome when I come back
No news ? How it was the process ?
How much time you had to wait at the border ?

farmore

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
18-06-2016
Radu1981 said:
No news ? How it was the process ?
How much time you had to wait at the border ?
Hello Radu1981,
Like I said, I went for my landing at Coutts Border on Saturday. The direction from Edmonton to Coutts is quite straight forward (U should be fine if you use GPS) but a little long if you are not used to long distance travel. It took me about 6.5 hours to get to the border. On getting to the border around 5.45pm I was asked of my passport by a US immigration officer. He asked if I have anyone accompany me, and if I have any contraband on me to which I answer no for both questions. Then he instructed me to park my car in the parking lot and come into their office. After about 5 minutes another officer gave me my passport and letter of refusal for entry into US and ask me to follow him that he will show me the way back to Canada. (I must point out that the officers at the US side are not the most smiling people you will see :D. I guess the shooting that happened in Orlando makes them a little strict). When I got to the Canada side, I was asked by the officer for my passport and what my purpose is, to which I told him I came to land for my permanent residency. Then he instructed to come into the office with my passport, refusal letter and all the necessary documents. When I got into the office, I was attended to by one of the receptionist. She only asked of my passport, refusal letter, CoPR letters, and all study permits and work permits I have received since I have been in Canada. After providing the documents, she then asked me to initial and sign both the CoPR letters. Then I was told to have a seat that they will call me when the time comes. After about 20 minutes, I was called by one of the immigration officer and she congratulated me on officially becoming a permanent resident of Canada. She explained what my rights are and advised that I shouldn't travel outside Canada until I received my PR card as my Visa has been cancelled. It was such a good feeling apart from thinking of the long drive back to Edmonton ;D

Radu1981

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 December 2015
Doc's Request.
26 May 2016
AOR Received.
15 December 2015
Med's Done....
20 December 2015
Passport Req..
7 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2016
LANDED..........
25 June 2016
farmore said:
Hello Radu1981,
Like I said, I went for my landing at Coutts Border on Saturday. The direction from Edmonton to Coutts is quite straight forward (U should be fine if you use GPS) but a little long if you are not used to long distance travel. It took me about 6.5 hours to get to the border. On getting to the border around 5.45pm I was asked of my passport by a US immigration officer. He asked if I have anyone accompany me, and if I have any contraband on me to which I answer no for both questions. Then he instructed me to park my car in the parking lot and come into their office. After about 5 minutes another officer gave me my passport and letter of refusal for entry into US and ask me to follow him that he will show me the way back to Canada. (I must point out that the officers at the US side are not the most smiling people you will see :D. I guess the shooting that happened in Orlando makes them a little strict). When I got to the Canada side, I was asked by the officer for my passport and what my purpose is, to which I told him I came to land for my permanent residency. Then he instructed to come into the office with my passport, refusal letter and all the necessary documents. When I got into the office, I was attended to by one of the receptionist. She only asked of my passport, refusal letter, CoPR letters, and all study permits and work permits I have received since I have been in Canada. After providing the documents, she then asked me to initial and sign both the CoPR letters. Then I was told to have a seat that they will call me when the time comes. After about 20 minutes, I was called by one of the immigration officer and she congratulated me on officially becoming a permanent resident of Canada. She explained what my rights are and advised that I shouldn't travel outside Canada until I received my PR card as my Visa has been cancelled. It was such a good feeling apart from thinking of the long drive back to Edmonton ;D
Thanks for your reply.
I received my passport and CoPR yesterday and I will drive there Saturday around 2 AM to be there around 9 AM and I hope that I don't have to wait to much.

farmore

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
18-06-2016
Radu1981 said:
Thanks for your reply.
I received my passport and CoPR yesterday and I will drive there Saturday around 2 AM to be there around 9 AM and I hope that I don't have to wait to much.
I'm sure you won't wait for long. The total time taken for me at the border is less than 30 minutes

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
How long is it taking from Ottawa CPC receiving Passport/passport copies and photos to sending out the COPR?

farmore

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
18-06-2016
CanBC said:
How long is it taking from Ottawa CPC receiving Passport/passport copies and photos to sending out the COPR?
On average about 2-3 weeks. It could come earlier or later than that

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
farmore said:
On average about 2-3 weeks. It could come earlier or later than that
Thanks. I'm hoping for 2 weeks. They received my passport copies today (tracker said it was delivered).

Will my application change to DM or approved?

farmore

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
18-06-2016
CanBC said:
Thanks. I'm hoping for 2 weeks. They received my passport copies today (tracker said it was delivered).

Will my application change to DM or approved?
Yes, once decision is finalized, your application would change to closed and approved. You should be expecting the return tracker to be activated any moment thereafter.

Quidditch_777

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hello Radu1981,
Hi - Just wanted to confirm if they stamped your passport or, did they just slash out your counterfoil and sign the COPR.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Guys,

I received my COPR with a minor misspelled place of birth.
When i called cic support centre they asked to fill an amended form and mail it to Ottawa office. i checked the website this kind of process may take 6 months. They said they also informed Operations Support Centre (OSC).

But my lawyer said me to go ahead for Landing and inform the officer at the time of landing they will consider it.

Now my big confusion is guys what should i do? If i go with my lawyer suggestion and i am inland so I can do landing at Etobicoke cic immigration office with my current COPR. Would that cause any issue please help.

Guys please help with your suggestions.

Thanks

Last edited: