+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa Dec 2017

immihelp_6565

Jan 5, 2018
Friends,

I am going for flag polling tomorrow - Rainbow bridge, by walk. Any suggestions?

File submitted: 8th Sep 2017
PPR: Dec 20th
Passport sent: Dec 21
Passport received by ottawa: Dec 22
Passport returned: Today: Jan 22
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Friends,

I finished my flag polling process today.

I went to Rainbow Bridge - walk for flagpolling. I walk via Niagara Duty Free Shops from Canadian side, I had to pay 4 quarters. Walked on the bridge for 10mins. When I reached US border security - they just asked me why and what - when I said flagpolling, sent me off within 10mins with a white paper. When I reached Canadian side, agent said they stopped taking application for today. I was shocked as it was only 09:30 in the morning. He directed me to talk to agents in the customs building to know if there is any chance or time slot for today. They said try tomorrow or day after. I was so disappointed by their reply and behavior. When I looked around the waiting area, there were no more than 10 people. one of the agents said "i dont know why IRCC keep sending immigrants to us". So i came out - confused and baffled by the situation am in - called queens -lewiston bridge customs - they said the same "we are not talking any more applications today." I can understand if they are processing some 20 cars or long trucks - but there was no traffic at all. each vehicle was 10 mins apart. I came out - after 15 mins searching on google found out the number for fort erie- buffalo bridge cbsa number, called them. they said "Please come in, we will help you". I immediately booked a cab from niagra - explained the situation to cab driver. the cab driver was helpful - he said he will charge me $100.00 for entire process and drop me off at niagara bus terminal. I happily agreed. We went to US border buffalo bridge - they took 15mins and then we drove to canadian side, they took 10mins.

My flag polling was done.

Lesson learnt - Dont go to Rainbow bridge without calling them 1st.

Fort Erie- Buffalo bridge is much faster, easier and agents are super helpful.

Hope my story helps someone...

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
updated

profile timeline update

PPR email: 15 December 17
Sent passport: 21 December 17
Passport Delivered: 22 December 17
PPR approved: 16 jan 18
Passport returned: 19 Jan 18
Landed: 23 Jan 18 :)
PR Card received: waiting (4-6 weeks)

Citizenship: next task (2020):p

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Friends,

I finished my flag polling process today.

I went to Rainbow Bridge - walk for flagpolling. I walk via Niagara Duty Free Shops from Canadian side, I had to pay 4 quarters. Walked on the bridge for 10mins. When I reached US border security - they just asked me why and what - when I said flagpolling, sent me off within 10mins with a white paper. When I reached Canadian side, agent said they stopped taking application for today. I was shocked as it was only 09:30 in the morning. He directed me to talk to agents in the customs building to know if there is any chance or time slot for today. They said try tomorrow or day after. I was so disappointed by their reply and behavior. When I looked around the waiting area, there were no more than 10 people. one of the agents said "i dont know why IRCC keep sending immigrants to us". So i came out - confused and baffled by the situation am in - called queens -lewiston bridge customs - they said the same "we are not talking any more applications today." I can understand if they are processing some 20 cars or long trucks - but there was no traffic at all. each vehicle was 10 mins apart. I came out - after 15 mins searching on google found out the number for fort erie- buffalo bridge cbsa number, called them. they said "Please come in, we will help you". I immediately booked a cab from niagra - explained the situation to cab driver. the cab driver was helpful - he said he will charge me $100.00 for entire process and drop me off at niagara bus terminal. I happily agreed. We went to US border buffalo bridge - they took 15mins and then we drove to canadian side, they took 10mins.

My flag polling was done.

Lesson learnt - Dont go to Rainbow bridge without calling them 1st.

Fort Erie- Buffalo bridge is much faster, easier and agents are super helpful.

Hope my story helps someone...
Hey I went to Fort Erie this morning too...from 2:30 a.m.
My situation was a little different though but i got through under 20 minutes (there was a thunderstorm there and the power went out for a bit)

Happy you got through, congrats and good luck with the new life

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked my ecas status and it says Counterofil issues on Jan 24th ? will there be any document online as well or it will be in mailand how long will they take to mail it back ?

Thanks for help

S

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my passport on Jan 11th and it arrived to Ottawa on the 12th. So far no update, my profile is still in IP. Anyone with a similar timeline?
Mine was recieved on 8th Jan in Ottawa and on online staus on 24th jan it shows counterfoil issued.Canada post tracker still not activated though.

S

faizy786

Jun 12, 2015
I was able to get my passport last Friday and did the landing on 20th Jan any idea how long does it take to to get the pr card the website says 61 days but my friends say 1.5 months

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes to get Canada post tracker activated.My online status was updated on 24th jan that counterfoiled.

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
How long it takes to get Canada post tracker activated.My online status was updated on 24th jan that counterfoiled.
It's about 2 days, you will probably get it today

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone ,
My Canadapost tracker was activated finally and am hoping that will have pasports back by tomorrow or day after.
A quick question when you go for flag polling,if your PR card is automatically applied that time once Canadian border officer signs yours COPR or you have to apply after ?
The other thing is if Ottawa office offers the appointment as well or only option is going on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays ?

Thanks

s

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello every one,

Here is a brief flagpolling experience at Lansdowne border ( close to 1000 islands Kingston ) in case if any body was looking for that:

My parents didnot have US visa so they falg polled,On border crossing US officers were good ,they took finger prints and pics and issued a paper of denied entry.I specifically enquired if this is a refusal and do i need to mention while applying for visit visa to US later.They both said you will mention if application asks about finger prints but if application asks about refused visa then it is not actually refusal and basically this is an administrative thing and you didnot even enter US.This is not a refusal.On Canadian side they asked us to sit and completed the paper work up in 15-20 mins nicely and that was it.

All the best everyone.

S

canadaapr

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Hello every one,

Here is a brief flagpolling experience at Lansdowne border ( close to 1000 islands Kingston ) in case if any body was looking for that:

My parents didnot have US visa so they falg polled,On border crossing US officers were good ,they took finger prints and pics and issued a paper of denied entry.I specifically enquired if this is a refusal and do i need to mention while applying for visit visa to US later.They both said you will mention if application asks about finger prints but if application asks about refused visa then it is not actually refusal and basically this is an administrative thing and you didnot even enter US.This is not a refusal.On Canadian side they asked us to sit and completed the paper work up in 15-20 mins nicely and that was it.

All the best everyone.

S
Do one still needs flagpoll? I read it somewhere that now days the status can be adjusted in Service Ontario or Service Canada.

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi I have had a request to submit passport, I was wondering if in Toronto, and using Canada Post, do you use Xpresspost to send the package as well along with the XPresspost Return Envelope. Do you just fold the Return envelop and put it into the package or do you send a bigger package to Ottawa and send the return envelope with the stated size as requested? Please reply.