App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
My passport was sent on Aug 28, 2017 they received it very next day and no I haven't received it back yet.

shellway1016

Nov 19, 2013
Hello everyone...COPR/Passports received today. Timeline below -

AOR - 14th Feb
CEC Inland
Visa Office - Ottawa
PPR - 24th August
Passport Sent - 25th August
Passport received - 28th August
Application Approved - 11th September (MyCIC updated)
Tracker activated - 14th September (Canada Post)
COPR/Passports received - 15th September :)

I did call CIC on Sep 14 and asked to expedite the process and the agent sent in a note. Within few hour, I received a phone call saying they are mailing it today and also received an email saying it has been mailed with tracking number & my address.

Planning on landing at Sarnia, ON tomorrow!
congrats! i have the same timeline of submitting my passport, hoping to get it back next week

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Hello everyone...COPR/Passports received today. Timeline below -

AOR - 14th Feb
CEC Inland
Visa Office - Ottawa
PPR - 24th August
Passport Sent - 25th August
Passport received - 28th August
Application Approved - 11th September (MyCIC updated)
Tracker activated - 14th September (Canada Post)
COPR/Passports received - 15th September :)

I did call CIC on Sep 14 and asked to expedite the process and the agent sent in a note. Within few hour, I received a phone call saying they are mailing it today and also received an email saying it has been mailed with tracking number & my address.

Planning on landing at Sarnia, ON tomorrow!
Landing at Sarnia Border, ON was super quick . Did it today a weekend at 3 PM still we were the only ones when we entered...wasn't expecting it to be so empty today. We didn't flagpole as we had US visa so we crossed the border and spend some time in the Port Huron, MI and returned to Canadian border for landing.
Took total of 15 mins as we were a family of 3. I got the original entry date corrected on COPR which was wrong. Officer just asked what was my account balance(didn't see statement though I was carrying one) & asked for ID with address( I gave my license).
Asked if we had any questions and then Congratulated us and all wrapped up :)

Thank you everyone here for your inputs & support ! All the best everyone :)

chawla.kanu

Apr 30, 2015
Landing at Sarnia Border, ON was super quick . Did it today a weekend at 3 PM still we were the only ones when we entered...wasn't expecting it to be so empty today. We didn't flagpole as we had US visa so we crossed the border and spend some time in the Port Huron, MI and returned to Canadian border for landing.
Took total of 15 mins as we were a family of 3. I got the original entry date corrected on COPR which was wrong. Officer just asked what was my account balance(didn't see statement though I was carrying one) & asked for ID with address( I gave my license).
Asked if we had any questions and then Congratulated us and all wrapped up :)

Thank you everyone here for your inputs & support ! All the best everyone :)
Hello Friend,

We have sent our passports on 13th Sep and delivered OTTAWA on 15th Sep.
Actually we have vacation planned from 6th Oct, Can we call them and ask them to expedite the process or we shall once it has been approved ?

There is only 3 weeks time from 15th Sep to 6th Oct so we are in doubt whether we will received them before it or not?

Any leads will be helpfuls

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Hello Friend,

We have sent our passports on 13th Sep and delivered OTTAWA on 15th Sep.
Actually we have vacation planned from 6th Oct, Can we call them and ask them to expedite the process or we shall once it has been approved ?

There is only 3 weeks time from 15th Sep to 6th Oct so we are in doubt whether we will received them before it or not?

Any leads will be helpfuls
Hi, I would definitely suggest you to call and expedite the process. They are quite nice and accommodating and I was quite impressed by their customer service. Just tell them your travel plans and ask them to process it faster and say if you want i can mail you my travel confirmation/tickets(if you have already booked it). Even i told her over phone that i want to travel Monday so they processed and mailed it back same day. So my total processing time was exactly 3 weeks from mailing & receiving back passports. She even suggested if I wanted to upgrade my shipping to FedEx to be sure shot that i receive it on time. She also followed up on phone that she is mailing our passports and then later in the day received email with my tracking number.

As for calling before or after approval I would suggest do it now and try calling once more after approval.All the best. You will lose nothing by trying :)

Reactions: prakash419

CENYC

Mar 24, 2017
Hi, I would definitely suggest you to call and expedite the process. They are quite nice and accommodating and I was quite impressed by their customer service. Just tell them your travel plans and ask them to process it faster and say if you want i can mail you my travel confirmation/tickets(if you have already booked it). Even i told her over phone that i want to travel Monday so they processed and mailed it back same day. So my total processing time was exactly 3 weeks from mailing & receiving back passports. She even suggested if I wanted to upgrade my shipping to FedEx to be sure shot that i receive it on time. She also followed up on phone that she is mailing our passports and then later in the day received email with my tracking number.

As for calling before or after approval I would suggest do it now and try calling once more after approval.All the best. You will lose nothing by trying :)
I'm somewhat on the same boat. My passport was received on 1st September. No update so far. Would you mind sharing the number to call at the Ottawa office?

Carly44

May 28, 2017
AOR - June 21st,2017
PPR - Aug 9th, 2017
Passport Sent - Aug 25th, 2017
Passport Delivered - Aug 28th, 2017
Application Approved - Sep 12th, 2017
Return Tracker - Sep 15th, 2017 :D
Passport Received - Waiting

Planning on landing next Thursday or Friday at Sarnia !
Congrats :) how long do you have to land after its been approved?

Carly44

May 28, 2017
Guys, if I'm from one of those countries that just have to send scanned copies of the passport, won't it take less than for others who have to submit the actual passport?
I've received update and my application details in MyCic were changed and now says "Approved" only 2 days after they received my package. Does it mean it's been stamped and approved? Thank you!

My timeline:
PPR Date: Sep 5th
Passport Sent Date: Sep 7th
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Sep 11th
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Sep 13th
Hi there, just curious you said ' one of those countries that only have to send scanned copies of the passport ' where are you from? And why only scanned and not actual Passport?

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017

Hei Bro, can you plz let me know which is the number of their customer service to call to? I have a reason (a possible job opportunity) for which I would like to get it expedited (passport delivered on 9/5). Thanks in advance.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Hei Bro, can you plz let me know which is the number of their customer service to call to? I have a reason (a possible job opportunity) for which I would like to get it expedited (passport delivered on 9/5). Thanks in advance.
Number for CIC call center - 1-(888) 242-2100 ( who have submitted their passport to Ottawa)
For other countries you will have to contact your local Visa office.

mdk2017

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Sudbury, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
AOR Received.
July 11th 2017
hey guys...I just checked my tracker and its "out for delivery". Cant wait to get home from work!!! I plan to flagpole this weekend at Sault Ste Marie. Thanks everyone for all the guidance and support on this group and good luck to all those still waiting.

Reactions: PAuaePakTor

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Just called IRCC to know the status of COPR and visa:
COPR has been printed and is in file but passport is still waiting for visa stamping.
Agent (Very help full and nice) told me that if I do not hear anything from IRCC by Friday, Call them again on Friday.
My time line is:
PP sent: 29th August
Delivered: 30th August
Approved on MyCIC: Pending
Track activation: Pending
PP Received: Pending
Any person of same timeline or later, has seen any progress?
Are all 28th August passport delivery date applicants done or some are still waiting?

Last edited:

chawla.kanu

Apr 30, 2015

Thanks a lot for the information..

Let me give a try..!!

shellway1016

Nov 19, 2013
COPR has been printed and is in file but passport is still waiting for visa stamping.
Agent (Very help full and nice) told me that if I do not hear anything from IRCC by Friday, Call them again on Friday.
My time line is:
Are all 28th August passport delivery date applicants done or some are still waiting?
my passport is delivered on Aug 28 and the return tracker is not activated yet. I might give them a call this week

dljtsngh

Apr 20, 2015
My time line is:
My passport was also delivered on the 28th, it says approved on my cic since sept 13, but i haven`t received the passport yet. I dont have a tracking no either.