Passports to CPC Ottawa-August 2017

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
hi guys...can anyone confirm if CoPR and passport are returned in the same envelope or does CoPR get sent separately in MyCIC account?
I need to plan my landing ASAP because I need to go back to my home country for a family emergency.
someone told me both come in the same envelope
be aware you need your PR card to re-entry or someone take it to you abroad,,,

Reactions: mdk2017

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW-Inland

AOR - June 8, 2017
PPR - August 28, 2017
Passport Sent - August 29, 2017
Passport Delivered - Expected on August 30, 2017
Application Approved - Waiting
Return Tracker - Not Activated

Reactions: mpsqra

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
PP was delivered on 4th August. No movement after that. I'm assuming tbwre will be an update soon since people from 3rd August got their approval yesterday. So hopefully I'll see some movement this week.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
PP was delivered on 4th August. No movement after that. I'm assuming tbwre will be an update soon since people from 3rd August got their approval yesterday. So hopefully I'll see some movement this week.
It doesn't realy depend upon when passport was delivered. The date when the agent received the passport from mailing room is more important.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Guys called CIC today. They told that passports were sent to printing room on August 22. How long is it going to sit there? Anyone has had any experience on this?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Guys called CIC today. They told that passports were sent to printing room on August 22. How long is it going to sit there? Anyone has had any experience on this?
when did you send them?

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
These days passports remain in printing room for 2 weeks.

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
hi guys...can anyone confirm if CoPR and passport are returned in the same envelope or does CoPR get sent separately in MyCIC account?
I need to plan my landing ASAP because I need to go back to my home country for a family emergency.
You do not need to have a PR Card to re-enter Canada.
One you have a COPR in hand -
you can leave for your home country and complete the landing procedures once you enter back in CANADA. However, the COPR is valid till the validity of your CiC medical tests. so watch out.

If you complete landing procedures (at a border crossing) & apply for a PR card & then leave for your home country, you can still enter CANADA provided you have a PRTD (PR travel document). You are supposed to apply for this document from your home country. Processing times may vary as per country of application.

Hope it helps. Forum members, please feel free to correct me/add more info if you have any other info on this. Thanks

Reactions: mdk2017 and mpsqra

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
You do not need to have a PR Card to re-enter Canada.
One you have a COPR in hand -
you can leave for your home country and complete the landing procedures once you enter back in CANADA. However, the COPR is valid till the validity of your CiC medical tests. so watch out.

If you complete landing procedures (at a border crossing) & apply for a PR card & then leave for your home country, you can still enter CANADA provided you have a PRTD (PR travel document). You are supposed to apply for this document from your home country. Processing times may vary as per country of application.

Hope it helps. Forum members, please feel free to correct me/add more info if you have any other info on this. Thanks
Yes, you are right. Also, you can use your COPR to enter through a land border even if u don't have PR Card or PRTD. But only through a land border.

Dave2017

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hi Guys,

Sent our passports to the Visa office in New Delhi today through VFS Hyderabad (India). May I kindly know by when can I expect to receive the COPR? As per Myimmi tracker average processing time of New Delhi is 7 days.

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
Hi Guys,

Sent our passports to the Visa office in New Delhi today through VFS Hyderabad (India). May I kindly know by when can I expect to receive the COPR? As per Myimmi tracker average processing time of New Delhi is 7 days.
This thread is for passports sent to Ottawa