+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports submitted to Islamabad 2015, please share your time!

AK3142

Apr 2, 2015
canadamylove said:
update:

please don't bring your mobile phones here, they wont work except on rogers network. that is way way way too costly.

u will have to buy mobile phone from here so ur phone will be useless. even that wont sell here. so better sell ur high value phones in Pakistan before coming. buy any small set just for travelling and then buy from here.

also for anything u need credit history of at least 4 months.............obviously u wont have one so u cant buy mobiles on lower rates or on plans. u will be left to buy on prepaid and on full prices.

like Motorola G 2nd gen was free on 2 years plan but as I didn't had credit history for 4 months, I was left to buy it for CAD250.

I bought sim for Wind mobile. its very good company with cheaper rates. the minimum plan was CAD35 + 13% tax = CAD39.50.
in that u get Canada wide unlimited calls, texts, pic msgs and 2gb data. now the best part is when u exhaust ur 2gb data limit....they wont charge u anything extra but just lower down ur speed. wind mobile is 3g so net speed is somewhere between 1 and 4 mb depending on signals............after limit the lower speed they give u is 256kbps. so not a bad deal but monthly CAD40!

don't start converting anything into rupees.......that will give u nightmares :D

better plan to buy ur car asap in Canada...........public transport is extremely costly.......minimum fare is cad3.5 per person............so if u goes somewhere with ur family then ur at least 10 12 dollars for one side and again same for return. also bus stops are not near by and they are far away at least 10 mins walk.........that can be 20mins or more. also sometimes u have to change 2 busses.

so instead of wasting 30 40 dollars daily.........better buy car. don't buy expensive one, Toyota and Honda are market leaders here in small cars category (they count Toyota camry and Honda accord as small car :D ), they have good resale value and also good market. cars are cheap but most expensive thing is insurance. but again it will cost u same as public transport but u are saved the hassle of travelling to stops and waiting. especially it will save u 2 3 hours per day for job........cos bus comes after 25 mins........every 25 mins......if u miss one then wait 25 mins.

good luck.
Really great post. Very helpful for the people who are following. Please keep this spirit up and keep us posted about all the updates. Thanks. My first +1 will be for u :)

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
App Rcvd:May 8 '14
Nomination.....
DD:Jul 17 '14
AOR Received.
Line 1:Aug 10 '14
IELTS Request
PER:Aug 18 '14
File Transfer...
Line 2:Oct 16 '14
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
RPRF:Dec 2 '14
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
Dr.Ss11 said:
Oh ok got it.. your post was confusing,most of us thought that it was not declared.. and thats good if its $10000 per person i thought more than a total of this sum should only be declared
+1 for you
if as a family you are carrying more than 10000 than u have to declare it...........

like suppose u r carrying 35000 in any format and total people flying are 4...........so according to 10000 per person, this 35000 is under limit.......but as it is more than 10000 and u r travelling as a one unit (no matter how many family members are) u have to declare it.

u understand the point?

1. the limit is something else..........means how much u can take or not.......or carry or not......u can carry millions per person....no one will ask or say anything.

2. the declaration is something else..........weather u r alone or with family........if total amount u r carrying is more than 10000 then u have to declare it.

Dr.Ss11

Aug 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Nov' 2014
Doc's Request.
23rd Mar' 2015
Nomination.....
PER 14 Feb' 2015
File Transfer...
2nd line ECAS: 11th March'2015
Med's Request
9th July' 2015
Med's Done....
28th July'2015
Passport Req..
10th August'2015
VISA ISSUED...
21st Aug'2015 Alhamdulillah
canadamylove said:
if as a family you are carrying more than 10000 than u have to declare it...........

like suppose u r carrying 35000 in any format and total people flying are 4...........so according to 10000 per person, this 35000 is under limit.......but as it is more than 10000 and u r travelling as a one unit (no matter how many family members are) u have to declare it.

u understand the point?

1. the limit is something else..........means how much u can take or not.......or carry or not......u can carry millions per person....no one will ask or say anything.

2. the declaration is something else..........weather u r alone or with family........if total amount u r carrying is more than 10000 then u have to declare it.
Oh ok.. now the scenario is cleared..
thanks! :)

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
Alhamdulillah thanks All Mighty Allah, All parises to HIM only which only HE deserves and by grace of prayers of my parents

proudly announcing.........

I have successfully secured a Job on May 6th 2015, with the largest company of whole north America in energy and gas sector.......Just Energy.

that also less than one month of my landing!

again thanks to Allah and HIS Blessings......many many Praises to the LORD of lords......The ALl Powerful and Most Merciful!

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
How I secured my 1st job so quickly:

1. firm belief in your self that u can do it.
2. always positive mind, thinking, approach and planning.
3. only and only relying on Allah and sincerely praying to HIM only, no mola ali madad or peer bangash or ghous pak or any other sh-it thing.
4. always and always willing to work hard at any level.
5. praying 5 times daily on time, if u miss any namaz, pray its qaza asap, don't leave it.
6. daily read some Quran...even one ayat......don't say namaz mai hum surah fatiha and surat parhte to hain.....if u give excuse to Allah, He will have bigger excuses for u!
7. always ask your parents to pray for your success.
8. always encourage ur spouse and get encouraged by your spouse too.
9. remember there is no such thing called luck, short cut, etc etc etc.

now to summarize these points, I will tell my story in short and somehow it is linked to these points.

I use to walk up to 15 km per day if needed with wife and kid (I bought stroller for kid). to save money on transport I preferred to walk. still I walk like 5 km every day on avg. initially it was like hell......but firm determination and commitment that yes u can do it cos u have to save bucks. believe u need very strong heart and attitude to do hard work and yes travelling 8km daily with family for 1st 3 weeks requires it!

I was so depressed and heart broken....on the 3rd day.....it was phsycological depression.......I have no one here, no family no relatives no friends........Alhamdulillah my wife is very good person, she encouraged me and supported me and kept my hopes high......there was time when was feeling low and I did same to her...........so having a good partner is most lethal weapon u can possess.

I use to walk 20 mins to go to masjid to pray on time......I pray qaza for all prayers I missed.....there are sunni, shia, wahabi, shafi......everyone praying in one masjid under one imam........so no such sh its here. we have to be open to everyone with neutral mind and openness. again the prayer is for Allah only.........if u get involved in sh its like ghous pak, moula ali, Sarkar etc then don't expect help from Allah.........imagine u r praying to Allah but asking help from his own creation which is dead already.....so u urself is getting into deep sh it!

I daily speak with my parents via Skype or viber or whatever......it gives me mental peace, strong heart and I m not shy of asking them to pray for me..........parents prayers can dodge death for u.......believe me it helps a lot.

be a realistic person, don't waste time after getting here by visiting here and there and taking useless selfies.......get ur self registered in employment agencies and recruiters......they are all free and govt funded.........I also did same and by chance I got to attend largest job fair of whole Ontario......there I met reps of companies.........170 companies attended it.........I met with them all in person.......I took 50 copies of my resume........I applied in every company........even I applied in police and armed forces and even in pest control companies............I m have worked on managerial positions in Pakistan but here u need to get any chance to let ur self enter into market via any means.........if u get into it then u can build network and switch careers......so never feel shy of applying to anything......u never know which can be ur chance to a better future.

always be ready mentally to switch ur career.........believe here are so many opportunities but careers can be different........so be ready to work any where and on any position.

I have worked as IT consultant and Project Manager........but here I m starting my career in energy section that has nothing to do with my BS and MBA...........a totally different career but im willing to give it a chance.........may be it will click for me or at least I get professional experience and will get chances to apply more in other fields.

I m not shy to share that my starting salary is $3250 per month but no other benefits currently offered. now the thing to think is.......I can earn this much easily in starbucks or pizzahut or kfc......or in grocery stores..........but the difference is........in my resume that experience will not make that much of a difference but working for the largest company in energy sector will make difference. but if I would have got call from any one of them I would have started there cos to earn something is better then consuming ur back up.

even though I m starting my career here, b4 attending job fair I have approached all grocery stores and food outlets near my area and submitted my resume there..........even in laundry cleaning........because I want to start my cash flow asap........not just waiting for big companies to call me.........by Allah's help I got my 1st call from this company.

remember no one is born lucky......luck is in your own hands.........hard work always pays off but it must be in right direction. I lost 4 kg and 3 inch waist in less then 30 days after arriving here.

Kafil

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I have not been in touch with this forum for a while so just wanted to share a bit of news with all you.....

Alhamdulillah by the grace of Almighty ALLAH and prayers and support of my family, i have received my passport with PR visa along with COPR.

My journey took almost a year. Like most of you, i was also in an uncertain situation after receiving PER. Finally, on 28th January 2015, i received an email requesting to appear for an interview at CHC Abu Dhabi. Just like the majority of applicants, i was somewhat afraid to be honest but i kept praying and preparing for the interview. One thing which kept me positive was the self belief that if i could somehow clear the interview, my process will move from cramped queue to the fast lane and this is exactly what happened.

My interview was held on 22nd March 2015 during which the visa officer told me that i can expect to receive MR in the next 2 weeks but guess what, i received RPRF + Passport Bio pages request on 26th March 2015 and received MR on 27th March 2015. Following is my complete timeline from which some of you can hopefully draw some inspiration:

Application received at CIO: 16th May 2014
Fee Encashed Date: 26th Aug 2014
PER: 05th Sep 2014
Interview Email: 28th Jan 2015
Interview Held: 22nd Mar 2015
RPRF +PP Bio pages Req: 26th Mar 2015
MR: 27th Mar 2015
MR Done: 14th Apr 2015
Passport Req: 27th Apr 2015
Passport Submission at VAC: 29th Apr 2015
Passport Collected: 07th May 2015

In case any of you want to know my detailed interview experience, visit the following link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interview-call-from-lvo-in-abu-dhabi-t180658.1890.html

All those who have received interview requests should consider themselves lucky as this presents you a great opportunity to speed up your case so be motivated and make use of this opportunity. To the rest of the applicants, just hang in there, in sha ALLAH all your dreams will come true.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
Alhamdulillah today I got my and family's PR cards.

it took exactly 78 days since the day I landed!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Make sure you save the copy of your COPR, even after getting PR Card and even after citizenship.
It may be needed in old age for pension/old age security, etc

And:

Start saving all paperwork related to living/life in Canada, such as tax papers, bank statements, leases, insurances, paystubs, etc
It may be requested by CIC when processing citizenship or PR renewals......CIC loves paperwork.

It is important, but most don't need it. But when it is needed, people realize they didn't save much, and then have to spent money on getting bank statements and copies in future and companies charge a lot for that......so for newcomers, take this into account.

kashmoin

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-May-2014 Reached 12-May-2014
Doc's Request.
Schedule A form on 3 occations
Nomination.....
26-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
08-Oct-2014
Med's Request
10-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
22-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
29-Jun-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Jul-2015
I would like to know how much time Islamabad office is taking these days to return Passports.

Please if anyone can reply.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
last year I wished and prayed that inshAllah by Allah's grace and will I will celebrate next Canada Day in Canada as a Canadian........and today by blessings of All Mighty I m here celebrating......thanks All Mighty for making my dream come true....

I wish you all a happy and joyous CANADA DAY and wish you all success and good luck.

Qasimmd

Aug 19, 2013
Salam everyone , hope everyone is doing great. Just writing to inquire what is the current trend of passport return at CHC islamabad.

As reading all the forum during january the wait was around 2 months sometime more then that.

Anyone submitted passports recently please share your timeline.

It would really help other forum member.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Qasimmd said:
Salam everyone , hope everyone is doing great. Just writing to inquire what is the current trend of passport return at CHC islamabad.

As reading all the forum during january the wait was around 2 months sometime more then that.

Anyone submitted passports recently please share your timeline.

It would really help other forum member.
contact CHC or VFS office

Qasimmd

Aug 19, 2013
Dear @canvis2006, contacting them is a good option, but as per the trend and discussions in the forum it looks like its taking more then they are claiming or saying.

Personal experience sharing is always beneficial for the forum members, that is why the forum actually is there.

So, I will request the member to please share their experience and let this forum be alive.

Qasimmd

Aug 19, 2013
rahguzar said:
It took 15 days for my passport to return. Submitted at VFS Karachi.
@rahguzar, first of all congratulations on receiving maple leaf on your passport. Wish you best of luck on your landing in canada.

Please let us know you are single applicant or with family?
When you submitted passport? I mean date.

Thanks for keeping this forum alive.