+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports sent to Ottawa in March 2015

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
inamulhaq said:
Hello brother,
It is good to know CIC acknowledged that they received your Passport.
I am thinking to give CIC call in the morning just to check they received my original Passport. Did you specifically ask for acknowledgement receipt of your passport or you just asked update on on your PR application? Can you please give me hints what should I say call center agent exactly? I would appreciate your reply. Thanks
Yes, this is kind of tricky. I have called them in the last two weeks. As soon as you get to the agent - Tell them its two week since you sent the passport and you have not heard back anything about it. One agent said, nothing can be done so I have to wait. Then I called the next day. Another agent said the same that they cannot do anything to acknowledge the receipt of passport but voluntarily asked if I want to see my notes in the file. I said yes and then he asked for my Personal information for authentication. After a while on hold he searched my file and came back and said we started processing your file on 12th March (Passport received 5th March) and he explained the process at a high level and why it might have been late.

As soon as the passport gets to CPC, it gets to the mail room. Then one of the mail clerks opens each mail and if its a passport then designates it into passport stamping queue. An officer receives the passport and then checks your file and once they confirm the passport you have sent is the same as the passport in the file then he issues the VISA. So that date becomes the VISA issued date (*This is my assumption-If someone who got the passport back can confirm if this date was within a week of their passport receipt and their passport came after a week). Then he places the passport into the Immigrant Visa counterfoil printing process queue. In this process they print the counterfoil and CoPR and the date of visa issue is not the date it was printed but the date it was approved by the officer in the previous step. Once the printing is done a Seal is placed on the counterfoil and a new note is added to the file. Then after that an officer verifies everything again and then the mail clerk prepares for mailing. This is when a third note gets added to the file that says passport mailed. Then they ask canada post to pick up the envelopes and they pick it up and then scan it then our tracker activates.

So all of this can happen on the same day, it is possible if CIC receives few passports a day but they receive 100s everyday during peak times. Now they have issued PPR for CEC, FSW and PNP classes across US and Canada. So they are overloaded. Nobody knows how the passport are queued and on what order. But I guess they batch it to be fair to first come first serve. So we see a pattern of 14 days return.

If you call the agent ask specifically for notes in your file, most of the time the agents will be helpful if you request them to look into the notes. They can give three statuses Passport received(placed for processing or VISA approved), VISA printed and Passport mailed.

mohammed.morsy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Alexandria - Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-08-2014
IELTS Request
Voluntarily sent it with the application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
22-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
31-10-2013
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
bethanasame said:
Yes, this is kind of tricky. I have called them in the last two weeks. As soon as you get to the agent - Tell them its two week since you sent the passport and you have not heard back anything about it. One agent said, nothing can be done so I have to wait. Then I called the next day. Another agent said the same that they cannot do anything to acknowledge the receipt of passport but voluntarily asked if I want to see my notes in the file. I said yes and then he asked for my Personal information for authentication. After a while on hold he searched my file and came back and said we started processing your file on 12th March (Passport received 5th March) and he explained the process at a high level and why it might have been late.

As soon as the passport gets to CPC, it gets to the mail room. Then one of the mail clerks opens each mail and if its a passport then designates it into passport stamping queue. An officer receives the passport and then checks your file and once they confirm the passport you have sent is the same as the passport in the file then he issues the VISA. So that date becomes the VISA issued date (*This is my assumption-If someone who got the passport back can confirm if this date was within a week of their passport receipt and their passport came after a week). Then he places the passport into the Immigrant Visa counterfoil printing process queue. In this process they print the counterfoil and CoPR and the date of visa issue is not the date it was printed but the date it was approved by the officer in the previous step. Once the printing is done a Seal is placed on the counterfoil and a new note is added to the file. Then after that an officer verifies everything again and then the mail clerk prepares for mailing. This is when a third note gets added to the file that says passport mailed. Then they ask canada post to pick up the envelopes and they pick it up and then scan it then our tracker activates.

So all of this can happen on the same day, it is possible if CIC receives few passports a day but they receive 100s everyday during peak times. Now they have issued PPR for CEC, FSW and PNP classes across US and Canada. So they are overloaded. Nobody knows how the passport are queued and on what order. But I guess they batch it to be fair to first come first serve. So we see a pattern of 14 days return.

If you call the agent ask specifically for notes in your file, most of the time the agents will be helpful if you request them to look into the notes. They can give three statuses Passport received(placed for processing or VISA approved), VISA printed and Passport mailed.
Thank you and +1 for the detailed, useful information.

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
Passport Received on 5th of March by Ottawa - Still nothing on return tracker :'( I was planning to do the landing on March 19th (my birthday lol).

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Sundip said:
Passport Received on 5th of March by Ottawa - Still nothing on return tracker :'( I was planning to do the landing on March 19th (my birthday lol).
If they have received your passport and acknowledged it, then you have a very good chance to land on your birthday buddy.

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
bethanasame said:
If they have received your passport and acknowledged it, then you have a very good chance to land on your birthday buddy.
Thanks for your kind words! :) Here is to hope that we all get some good news by that time. Cheers!

mohammed.morsy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Alexandria - Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-08-2014
IELTS Request
Voluntarily sent it with the application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
22-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
31-10-2013
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
You guys I have a question, please.
I'm using a friend of mine's address in the US as my mailing address.
I included a pre-paid Expedited USA shipping label with my passport.
How do they deliver these parcels?! If my friend is not home, are they gonna deliver it into his P.B. box?!
(PS: I know for sure Expedited USA doesn't require a signature for delivery)
Thank you.

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
mohammed.morsy said:
You guys I have a question, please.
I'm using a friend of mine's address in the US as my mailing address.
I included a pre-paid Expedited USA shipping label with my passport.
How do they deliver these parcels?! If my friend is not home, are they gonna deliver it into his P.B. box?!
(PS: I know for sure Expedited USA doesn't require a signature for delivery)
Thank you.
When you say you included a pre-paid expedited USA shipping label, I am assuming it is not via Canada Post Xpresspost. From what I understood reading the passport request email sent by CPP Ottawa, they will only use the return shipping envelope if it is Xpresspost. If you sent pre-paid labels from any other courier company (DHL/UPS/Purolator etc.), they will not use those and instead mail the passport to you via regular postal mail. So chances are that it will be delivered to your friend's mailbox via normal post. I could be wrong, but since no one has posted anything so far, I thought of providing at least something to the best of my knowledge.

However, if the pre-paid Expedited USA shipping label is through Canada Post, it is still Canada Post but not Xpresspost. In that case, they will deliver it to your friend's mailbox as they do not require a signature on delivery. If they needed the signature, they would take the envelope back to their office and you would need to collect it from them. You can also have your friend collect the passport for you but he/she will need to have an authorization letter from you.

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
A friend of mine had his passport delivered to him few minutes before. No tracker activated for him. His passport reached CPC ottawa on 4th March. So I guess for people who applied on 4th,5th and 6th we will have get some updates today if the trend is right!!!!

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
bethanasame said:
A friend of mine had his passport delivered to him few minutes before. No tracker activated for him. His passport reached CPC ottawa on 4th March. So I guess for people who applied on 4th,5th and 6th we will have get some updates today if the trend is right!!!!
+1 Karma for the awesome news! My passport was received by Ottawa on 6th. So if the trend follows, should be getting my passport by Thursday 19th March! :p Good luck all 8)

mfwpg

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Manitoba
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guess who had the tracking number activated today? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Not me, guys. Not me. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

mfwpg

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Manitoba
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bethanasame said:
Where's your bud from?