Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
While it could be true in most cases, I don't think it is entirely true. I sent my passport yesterday (from Regina, SK) and Ottawa received it today afternoon. My roommate with the same timeline got hers back on the very next day since dispatch from Ottawa as well. From what I heard though, Canada Post agents don't have any special way of tracking the packages, and have the computers fed the same information as their website tracking. So if the initial or subsequent scans did not occur, I would recommend checking your mailbox anyways as Canadapost is really notorious for not updating online sometimes.

Bhim

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tigurius said:
Canada post tracking numbers tend to not get updated frequently - i've seen it where i have received a package before the tracking number was even activated. generally shipping for xpresspost is 1 day for each province it has to go through (in my past experience). For example ontario to alberta would be 4 days (ontario, manitoba, saskatchewan and alberta it has to go through). So if you're in Alberta or BC you should get it by monday or tuesday according to when they shipped it.
thank you very much. i hope this is the case. I should receive it anytime today or tomorrow. im in alberta anyway.

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Bhim said:
thank you very much. i hope this is the case. I should receive it anytime today or tomorrow. im in alberta anyway.
looks like you and i had our passports received on the same day... so hopefully i get it when you get it and vice versa... as i am also in Alberta.

francesmarinel

Mar 14, 2014
Panucci said:
What day was your package received by cic?? Mine was on the 19th...i guess it's still there waiting to be opened.

Is there anyone else with a similar timeline and waiting for their return tracker to be activated??
we are the same i sent our passports on feb 18 and it was received on the 19th according to canada post tracker. Then when i called CIC yesterday the lady checked my file and it says they received it on the 26th. So she said just to wait and that's all she can say. I check my tracker today and still not activated....another wait

pinoybrat

Oct 31, 2013
francesmarinel said:
we are the same i sent our passports on feb 18 and it was received on the 19th according to canada post tracker. Then when i called CIC yesterday the lady checked my file and it says they received it on the 26th. So she said just to wait and that's all she can say. I check my tracker today and still not activated....another wait
how long usually before the passport comes back? whats the estimated time frame?

francesmarinel

Mar 14, 2014
pinoybrat said:
how long usually before the passport comes back? whats the estimated time frame?
the lady said give it more time. 2 weeks at least plus mailing delays she said. but i'm not sure if it's from the time cpc received it or the time they opened it. my case on the tracking it says it was received on the 19th but when she check the notes it was received on the 26(maybe that's the time they open it... not sure???)

joyfull

Jun 7, 2014
Finally our return tracker got activated!! CIC received our PP copy on the 18th Feb. Excited much?!?!

gilas

Sep 15, 2014
passports delivered / received by ottawa office feb 20th. after 14 days item processed back. probably be here tomorrow or Monday :)

pinoybrat

Oct 31, 2013
gilas said:
passports delivered / received by ottawa office feb 20th. after 14 days item processed back. probably be here tomorrow or Monday :)
where are you going to do your landing gilas? puso!

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Bhim said:
I hope you get it tonight.
I spoke to Canada post and they said, sometimes xpresspost can take up to 4 days to reach from Ontario to Alberta.
it looks like I have to wait until Monday/ Tuesday.
all the best everyone.
Tracker still not active and didn't get anything :( Maybe Monday/Tuesday as well.

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
pinoybrat said:
SuNdip where are u gonna take your landing? North Portal? Tell me if its good there u might land
Also there
Hey there Pinoybrat, yes, I will definitely do my landing in North Portal. I was there 2 weeks ago to accompany my friend who had received her passport with visa on February 17th. It was very smooth and the entire process took about 45 minutes. What about you?