+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports Sent to Ottawa in February -2015

caribting

Dec 28, 2013
Hi folks! Just wanted to share my landing story to help others. I landed at the LaColle Inspection Station in Quebec last week. When I arrived at the border I told the U.S. immigration officer, I was there to land. He gave me a piece of paper to give to the Canadian immigration officer and asked me to circle around. The Canadian immigration officer asked for my work permit and my address. Once I provided him with the information, he gave me another piece of paper and sent me to the immigration office building. The officer in the building asked for my passport, permanent resident documents and proof of funds. I also asked her if she wanted my CSQ and she took it. After that, I had to wait a bit and then she called me to sign a declaration form. I had nothing to declare so that was it and she welcomed me to Canada. All the best folks :)

gcan

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
caribting said:
Hi folks! Just wanted to share my landing story to help others. I landed at the LaColle Inspection Station in Quebec last week. When I arrived at the border I told the U.S. immigration officer, I was there to land. He gave me a piece of paper to give to the Canadian immigration officer and asked me to circle around. The Canadian immigration officer asked for my work permit and my address. Once I provided him with the information, he gave me another piece of paper and sent me to the immigration office building. The officer in the building asked for my passport, permanent resident documents and proof of funds. I also asked her if she wanted my CSQ and she took it. After that, I had to wait a bit and then she called me to sign a declaration form. I had nothing to declare so that was it and she welcomed me to Canada. All the best folks :)
Thanks Caribting for sharing landing experience , just wondering how much funds we need to show?

joyfull

Jun 7, 2014
Hey guys, Copy PP received on 18th Feb and we our return mail hasn't been activated as yet... Anyone same boat??

Bhim

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joyfull said:
Hey guys, Copy PP received on 18th Feb and we our return mail hasn't been activated as yet... Anyone same boat??
I am still waiting for mine.

gcan

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
No preoblem , i hope cic will send soon , they might have recieved thousands of passports on same day
I am still confused about proof of funds while landing

Ruby_Roller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
Nomination.....
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
28-04-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2015
LANDED..........
04-03-2015
Those who received their COPR how long did IT take? My tracker activated monday but still shaping in transit. ;-(

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Okay Guys quick question 8)

I was actually thinking to land right away but since it looks like there are some steps I have to follow if I want to travel outside Canada before getting PR card,

I am actually thinking to land when I am coming back to Canada from the trip :) it seems just much easier than going through all the nonsense I have to prepare (application for calculating days......etc)

we don't have to do all these non-sense steps if we travel with PR card

how many days are you given to land once you get COPR?

I am booked for tickets in First week of april, and just returning back 2nd week of April :)

any advices would help!!

leazy

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1st 2014
Nomination.....
January 8th 2014
AOR Received.
March 6th 2014
IELTS Request
n/r
File Transfer...
March 6th 2014
Med's Request
March 6th 2014
Med's Done....
April 2nd 2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since 01/2012
Hi guys, Im feb 1st applicant and got PPR today. I'm from a visa exempt country so they just need a copy of my passport. I'm unsure of which pages they want me to take copies of? Just the main page where my picture, date of birth etc is or of every page in my passport?

Would really appreciate your help!

stimitak

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Ruby_Roller said:
Those who received their COPR how long did IT take? My tracker activated monday but still shaping in transit. ;-(
My tracker got activated yesterday at 06:51pm Ottawa time...shows out for delivery in Vancouver today at 08:43am...hoping to have it in-hand today. I used expresspost...so its really faster...i thought it would take 2 days.

Ruby_Roller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
Nomination.....
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
28-04-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2015
LANDED..........
04-03-2015
COPR has arrived! I'm headed to the border today!!!!!

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Wait time is about 25 days to get PR card - if you did it today you have a chance of getting that card sooner. which would also mean less of a wait if you go for your citizen ship. though you've already waited this long so if you can wait longer then sure why not... but keep in mind that if on your vacation (and im not trying to make you paranoid) you lost your passport with the visa for your PR, i'm not sure how easy it would be to get them to redo the visa process for you...

Diaboluce said:
Okay Guys quick question 8)

I was actually thinking to land right away but since it looks like there are some steps I have to follow if I want to travel outside Canada before getting PR card,

I am actually thinking to land when I am coming back to Canada from the trip :) it seems just much easier than going through all the nonsense I have to prepare (application for calculating days......etc)

we don't have to do all these non-sense steps if we travel with PR card

how many days are you given to land once you get COPR?

I am booked for tickets in First week of april, and just returning back 2nd week of April :)

any advices would help!!