+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports requested after medical has been expired for 2.5 months.

tevaths

Jan 24, 2012
Hello,

My wife and I had our Medical done on Aug 2nd 2011, so given the 1 year validity, I assume they expired on Aug 1st 2012.
Two days ago I received an email from CPP-O requesting to send our passports to Detroit consulate for visa stamp within 30 days.

Now my question is how much time is given to enter canada if PR visa is granted after medical was expired? our medical expired on August 1st 2012 and we recieved the PP request on Oct 19th 2012, a good over 2.5 months after!
anyone had a similar experience or know of any such case and what do they do in such a scenario? I really hope they give us more than a couple of months to enter, would be impossible to wrap our lives in a jiffy!

Oh and they did not request a new medical from us either.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
tevaths said:
Hello,

My wife and I had our Medical done on Aug 2nd 2011, so given the 1 year validity, I assume they expired on Aug 1st 2012.
Two days ago I received an email from CPP-O requesting to send our passports to Detroit consulate for visa stamp within 30 days.

Now my question is how much time is given to enter canada if PR visa is granted after medical was expired? our medical expired on August 1st 2012 and we recieved the PP request on Oct 19th 2012, a good over 2.5 months after!
anyone had a similar experience or know of any such case and what do they do in such a scenario? I really hope they give us more than a couple of months to enter, would be impossible to wrap our lives in a jiffy!

Most probably they would have extended your medicals when they would have reviewed your file. The amount of time by which they extended your medicals should be your new landing date. The only way you can find out is once you get your stamped passports back.

Could you share your timeline please and when was your file transferred to Ottawa? Congrats for getting PPR!

itiswell

Oct 27, 2012
Congrats on ur PPR! There is a new law at CIC that extends your medical expiry date for 3months for them to be able to issue u your visa instead of making you go thru new medicals.

mandyrai

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
hi,
i have applied to manitoba under family support, on 10th July 2012, still m waiting for further action. how much time dey take for further processing......plz tell me

RiVic

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tevaths said:
Hello,

The least of your problem is what you are worrying about. Thank your God first that you got PPR. When the visa comes, you will know what you need to do to land within allowed time frame.
Congrats

Ovais Zafar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Hi,
My medical is also expir on 30th January'2013, I received PPR1 on 30th October'2012 which reached at CIC London on 12th November'2012, i don't know how much time they will take for PPR2, i am worried that my medical will expire

Ovais Zafar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Dear Karan85,
Thank you for the reply, can you eloborate how LVO extend your medical for 1 year.
Waiting for your reply soon.
Ovais

mandyrai

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
i sent my file to winnipeg office on 4th july, 2012. then i got my AOR on 21st july, 2012. still m waiting for sponsors interview and LOA as well.
how much time dey take more? any idea. can my sponsors ask to winnipeg office for delay.....