+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PAssports received

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hello guys,

We got the visas thank God.The waiting is over.The journey to the getting of the visas was not an easy one.

TIMELINE QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER, Hongkong office:

-Application date: May 30th 2008

-Selection Certificate : August 5th 2008

-Application for PR : October 17th 2008

- Request for Medicals : 16th Febuary 2009

-Medicals received by visa section : 4th March

-Visa Stamped : 25th March 2009.

NB.Minus 2 months for our own delays. So it took 8 months in total to get the visas.

Good Luck to all those who are still waiting. Waiting is never fun i know, but be Positive.

God Bless

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Chinaconnection!

It was good to know that you got your passport back with visa in it. Everything in 8 months, not bad at all. Thanks for the positive message and good luck to you in Quebec.

A couple of questions, what was the level of your French language (Basic, Intermediate, Advance)? Was the interview done in French for CSQ? Did you take the TEF and what was your score?

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hi NIX1,

did not take any TEF course, my interview was waived, basically because i come from a Country where English and French are our official Languages. both my Husband and I did our proffessional studies in French.My level of French is Advanced

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chinaconnection,

Thanks for answering my questions. The visa post was Hong Kong and your handle/username said China connection and I thought you were from that part of the world.

Wish you all the best in Canada.