+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS / COPIES TO CPC-OTTAWA IN DECEMBER 2015 - LETS CONNECT!!

PresidentMacAwesome

Feb 28, 2015
I'm living in Edmonton, which border offices do you think is the best one for me to go to get landed?

Is this what you guys refer to as flagpoling?

I know Alberta shares border with Montana in US, would i have to find some activity to do in Montana then turn back and drive back into Canada?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reddevil666 said:
Hello everyone

Got the email yesterday night about sending in the passport and pictures. Big news.

One question: My mailing address has changed recently. Shall I update the address first with CIC before sending in the passport or shall I just make prepaid return package with the new mailing address ? I don't have a permanent mailing address right now. I can give them my office address.

Can I also update the mailing address to the one in India ?

Can we send the passport across different country via postal mail ? What carrier are people using ? I live in USA and I am planning to send via FedEx .

Thanks everyone for the help
Reddevil666,

You have to use FedEx for sending across the passport as you will have the option to send a prepaid return envelope and label. You can do this online only if you have a account with them.

yes, you can send passport in postal mail to ottawa only if you reside in USA or Canada.

Not sure abt whether you can update your address but am sure you can do. Are you not residing in some place in LA, if so, then why don't you give your place of residence to get your passport back. Am sure you need to change the address before sending across the passport.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
no around 10 business days if we check some recent applicants. and 15 overall....

i have a question:

what if i already have US visa? do i still get refusal letter from US side if i just make a U turn?

or is it better to just go few miles inside US for couple of hours and then come back for landing?

bcz i don't want refusal if that counts in the future visas....

and ya even if landing is possible at any local office with less wait times then is it a good way?
ntwkengg,
Yes, if you hold a valid US Visa, then you can enter US and spend some time and then return back to Canada for landing formalities. That way, you can avoid the refusal letter (though most ppl say that there is no implications in getting it).

I know of someone who exactly did the same. He entered US and had lunch and then returned back to Canada for landing formalities. There are 2 advantages in doing it:
i) Avoid refusal letter
ii) At times, some of the officers at the border get a little cranky if you jus do flag poling and return back for landing formalities. May be because of work load but they ask you do landing in the inland CIC offices (coz., with appointment) if you are an in-lander. Once you enter US and then return back after some time then you can comfortably tell them you had to visit a friend or party as your main intention here is not to do landing but to go outside (for whatever reason it might be) and also completing your landing formalities on your return.

Hope this helps !

reborncs1

May 5, 2015
rajanvnv said:
ntwkengg,
Once you enter US and then return back after some time then you can comfortably tell them you had to visit a friend or party as your main intention here is not to do landing but to go outside (for whatever reason it might be) and also completing your landing formalities on your return.
I wouldn't do this if I were you. This is basically lying.

If you are crossing the border for the purpose of returning to land as a permanent resident, just say that. No need to make up stories.

There should be no negative implications of flagpoling and getting the refusal slip. I did it once to get my post-graduation permit. I have since traveled to then US and back without any issues.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reborncs1 said:

If you are crossing the border for the purpose of returning to land as a permanent resident, just say that. No need to make up stories.

There should be no negative implications of flagpoling and getting the refusal slip. I did it once to get my post-graduation permit. I have since traveled to then US and back without any issues.
There is nothing lying in this. If you have any of your favorite restaurants on the US side and you hold a valid US visa, you can comfortably travel to other side and have your food and say them the same thing. You can do search in the forum and can find multiple posts where the CBSA officers have told in-landers to do their landing in the inland CIC offices and not come up to the border for this same. The cannot stop you from doing landing but they do mention that inland CIC offices are there for this reason and hence you can do the same in inland CIC offices.

I do agree with you that there is no -ve implication in flag poling but then there are some ppl who are not comfortable with it. Same way, there is no negative implication in whatever I have suggested as well.

casmscanada

Aug 30, 2015
Question - Me and my spouse are Indian Citizens and my daughter is a USA Citizen. Do I need to send my daughter's passport as part of the PPR request ?

AOR 22 August
PPR 24 December

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reborncs1 said:

thanks for the info i will think on it.....

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajanvnv said:
There is nothing lying in this. If you have any of your favorite restaurants on the US side and you hold a valid US visa, you can comfortably travel to other side and have your food and say them the same thing. You can do search in the forum and can find multiple posts where the CBSA officers have told in-landers to do their landing in the inland CIC offices and not come up to the border for this same. The cannot stop you from doing landing but they do mention that inland CIC offices are there for this reason and hence you can do the same in inland CIC offices.

I do agree with you that there is no -ve implication in flag poling but then there are some ppl who are not comfortable with it. Same way, there is no negative implication in whatever I have suggested as well.
thank you rajan..... still i am waiting for my passport so i have 1-2 weeks to think on this.... :D :D

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamason said:
This would create an entry in PP and should prepare to talk with US officier for visit. You have to exit the rainbow bridge and then come back. if it is refusal slip, it is just a U turn. Not much required to answer US officer.
thanks jamason... so which one is better for us rainbow bridge or peace bridge?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ultra99 said:
A Canadian newborn with Birth Certificate can flagpole with use or do we need to issue a passport?
it should be ok with birth certi for a new born as he or she is citizen.

but can anyone confirm?