+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports are Requested but Passports are Not Available

aijazasoomro

May 30, 2010
Dear All,

Your valuable suggestion is required about the following situation:

Applicant Nationality: Pakistani,
Current Residence: UK, since 7 Years.

On 10 March,2014, the Passports have been Requested from Canadian Visa Office, London for the Stamp of PR within 30 Days.

Problem: On 27 Feb 2014, the Passports have been sent to UKBA for UK Visa Extension, and the Visa Application has been delayed on UKBA side. There is a doubt that UKBA may take longer than 30 days i.e they might return passports after 10 April 2014, which will exceed 30 days given from Canadian Visa Office London.

So what should be done in this situation? Any expert advise or similar case experience?
Thanks in Advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aijazasoomro said:
Dear All,

Your valuable suggestion is required about the following situation:

Applicant Nationality: Pakistani,
Current Residence: UK, since 7 Years.

On 10 March,2014, the Passports have been Requested from Canadian Visa Office, London for the Stamp of PR within 30 Days.

Problem: On 27 Feb 2014, the Passports have been sent to UKBA for UK Visa Extension, and the Visa Application has been delayed on UKBA side. There is a doubt that UKBA may take longer than 30 days i.e they might return passports after 10 April 2014, which will exceed 30 days given from Canadian Visa Office London.

So what should be done in this situation? Any expert advise or similar case experience?
Thanks in Advance.
Inform London, via email that they won't be available in 30 days and ask for an extension.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=london

Case Specific Inquiry - London (from CIC website)

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
Same thing happened in our case we informed the case officer at london visa office about the situation and she gave us 2 month extension and also suggested that if we don't get our passports back from UKBA till that time, we can inform her again to extend some more time

Contact them through e mail or by post also attach UKBA acknowledgement letter copy

aijazasoomro

May 30, 2010
Urgent(LVO Respons)Re: Passports are Requested but Passports are Not Available

LVO's Disappointing Response

Informed to LVO on 31/03/2014 As Following:

Subject: Requested Passports Not Available within 30 Days
Dear Sir/Madam,
With Reference to your Email, Dated: 10/03/2014, I want to inform you that my passport and my spouse’s passport has been sent to UK Border Agency for the extension of our UK Visa (application made within UK in the Category of Tier-4 General Student), because I am in UK on Student Visa in Final Year of Study.
I submitted my UK Visa application on 27/02/2014 along with passports but I have not received our passports and visa application processed yet by UKBA because they can take from 4 to 12 weeks.
Therefore, I would like to request you that I may kindly be given the extension for submitting the passports to you until we receive the passports from UKBA. As I will receive the passports I will send you asap for the Permanent Resident Visa.
The Cover Sheet of Online Application Submitted to UKBA is attached for your information and record.
Regards

Reply From LVO on 01/04/2014
Thank you for your email.
It is not clear why you did not advise us of this when we sent the request email to you, ie, on 10 March 2014. Please explain.
Our request provided 30 days to submit your passports and requested information to this office. These are due to be submitted by 10 April 2014.
We will provide a final extension of 30 days. Your passports and requested information ust now be received by 10 May 2014 at the latest.
Please note that no further extensions will be given or reminders sent.

Yours sincerely,

My Explanation sent on 01/04/2014

Dear Sir/Madam
I am explaining the situation below:[/b]
My UK Visa was expiring on 28/02/2014, hence I submitted my Visa application to UKBA on 27/02/2014 for further Leave to Remain in UK until I complete my Study.

You sent me email and requested the passports and necessary information on 10/03/2014 (about 11 days later when I had sent my Visa Application to UKBA).

I had assumed that UKBA can process my Visa application before the deadline given to me from you ( i.e. 10 April 2014) and I will be able to send you my passports before the given deadline.
However, considering your email of 10/03/2014 as most important, I started enquiring to know the processing time required by UKBA for Visa applications, and found out that they can take from 4 to 12 Weeks, therefore I sent you the email yesterday (i.e. on 31/03/2014) and explained the current and genuine situation.
I highly appreciate that you have given me the new deadline for submitting the passports ( i.e 10 May 2014) , but I am still worried that if UKBA can take upto 12 Weeks(i.e starting from 27/02/2014) according to their normal Processing Time, then what will happen in worst case scenario if they take 12 weeks or longer, and it is also important to note that UKBA cannot be asked for speeding up of visa applications.
I will be very thankful to you if you can help me in this critical situation, and advise me what I should do if UKBA takes longer than your new given deadline.

Yours' Sincerly.

Now My Concerns And Advise Needed on This Forum:

In relation to sonea's Reply It looked good and encouraged me, I sent my explanation on 01/04/2014 , But No Response Yet, while I was responded previously promptly, it shows they don't want to give the extension after 10 May 2014? don't know why? Please Advise