+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports are hold by VISA office for four months?

christer

Mar 26, 2015
Hi fellows:
We received PPR letter in Jan. 7th. We sent the passports in Jan. 12th. It is being four months, we still didn't get the passport with VISA stamp back.

We heard it takes 3-6 weeks to process the VISA; but is four months too long for a VISA stamp? We sent them two emails. The VSIA office relied with 'our case is under review.' We requested the ATIP, the documents showed our application is 'Passed'.

We thought once they asked for passport, the process should be completed by their end.

Did anyone know what they could do to cause this delay? Anything else we can do except waiting here for nothing?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciate!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Need to know your visa office. It depends on the visa office. Some request the passport when they are ready to issue the visa - and some request the passport at the start of the application review process.

christer

Mar 26, 2015
The office is HongKong. The ATIP file shows our application is 'passed'. And the CIC website is showing 'Interview is completed in Dec. 17th. and we started process in Dec. 17th.' So we are assuming the process has been completed?

Is it possible they are doing something like 'background check'?

helpfortabby

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2015
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
Did it say "PASSED" or DECISION MADE???

christer

Mar 26, 2015
No. The website shows 'In Process' .

We just got the notes. it said 'Security and Criminality' is 'not started'.

I am wondering how they send PPR before 'Decision Made'? Is it mistake from them?

helpfortabby

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2015
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
christer said:
No. The website shows 'In Process' .

We just got the notes. it said 'Security and Criminality' is 'not started'.

I am wondering how they send PPR before 'Decision Made'? Is it mistake from them?
Not sure, they might of jumped the gun. but i think it will be all finished soon. they requested my wife's passport for visa before the website said decision made then it changed a few days later. Hang in there... its been 30 days now for us and we stilled not received her passport back. i just sent them a email today to ask about it... but all in all this has gone very quick so we can complain too much...haha

christer

Mar 26, 2015
Our MP just old us, the process will be completed by August. I guess they just forgot the 'security and criminal check' before sending the PPR.

Hopefully they can get it done by August, so that we don't have to do the medical test. (our medical test is due by June.)