+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
How much time it will take in passport office to submit the form. Do I have to take half a day off for that?
I will be applying in person Brampton/ Mississauga passport office.

What are the documents I need to carry with the passport application

forearm2018

Sep 6, 2018
It's all mentioned on the application PDF file, so you should definitely read the instructions. Anyways here's what I took with me: application form + photos + citizenship certificate + driver's licence + home country passport (licence was enough).

I can't comment on Brampton office as I applied in downtown TO. I waited ~30 minutes for my number. The actual application took ~10 minutes for the officer to type in details (I didn't even have the barcode thing on application).

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
How much time it will take in passport office to submit the form. Do I have to take half a day off for that?
I will be applying in person Brampton/ Mississauga passport office.

What are the documents I need to carry with the passport application
It took me less than 10 minutes to submit my passport application in person at a Passport Canada Office.
To those 10 minutes I add 10 minutes waiting time as if was not crowded.
Therefore I don’t think you need a whole day off. You can just take half a day of few hours depending on the amount of needed to get to the passport office.

niagara2807

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Forum Members: I need your help in filling out the passport application.
Background: First time applicant and born outside Canada

The application asks for

- Mother’s maiden name: Is it her full name including surname or just surname?

- Q4B. What is certificate of citizenship and Certificate of Naturalization?.... Is Naturalization same as grant of citizenship?

- Can I fill the online form without the Canadian citizenship number, then take print out and and enter it later manually?

- For Urgent processing – Do we need to provide a travel ticket or any other proof?

- Q7. Additional personal information, asks for
Employment: say xyz and then it asks for
Address and phone: is it of the employer or the applicant’s home address and phone number?

Could you please let me know. Thanks.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Hi Forum Members: I need your help in filling out the passport application.
Background: First time applicant and born outside Canada

The application asks for

- Mother’s maiden name: Is it her full name including surname or just surname?

- Q4B. What is certificate of citizenship and Certificate of Naturalization?.... Is Naturalization same as grant of citizenship?

- Can I fill the online form without the Canadian citizenship number, then take print out and and enter it later manually?

- For Urgent processing – Do we need to provide a travel ticket or any other proof?

- Q7. Additional personal information, asks for
Employment: say xyz and then it asks for
Address and phone: is it of the employer or the applicant’s home address and phone number?

Could you please let me know. Thanks.
I will try answer your questions

Mother’s maiden name: write down ONLY the family name of your mother when she was not married.

Q4B: if you have acquired Canadian citizenship through the process of grant of citizenship application like myself, then you will check Certificate of naturalization since you received your citizenship through a naturalization process unlike someone who acquired Canadian citizenship through his parents or through birth on Canadian soil.

- Yes you can fill out the form online and print it out to fill the remaining parts including signature

- No idea for urgent processing

Q7: simply provide the information required.

Remind you also need 1 guarantor and 2 references. Everyone of them has to fill out a specific part on the form.

Your guarantor needs to certify every single pa

niagara2807

Apr 23, 2017
I will try answer your questions

Mother’s maiden name: write down ONLY the family name of your mother when she was not married.

Q4B: if you have acquired Canadian citizenship through the process of grant of citizenship application like myself, then you will check Certificate of naturalization since you received your citizenship through a naturalization process unlike someone who acquired Canadian citizenship through his parents or through birth on Canadian soil.

- Yes you can fill out the form online and print it out to fill the remaining parts including signature

- No idea for urgent processing

Q7: simply provide the information required.

Remind you also need 1 guarantor and 2 references. Everyone of them has to fill out a specific part on the form.

Your guarantor needs to certify every single pa
Thanks for your reply.

Regarding Q7 - I am still confused whether I fill my employer address or my address.

Regarding online form - there is a bar code on top right of the first page....and it seems to change as one fills in the application in the blanks with yellow color. And that yellow color blank is not there for Guarantor. Therefore I am wondering whether not entering few blanks, then get a print out and then filling out of the rest of the non-entered blanks will have an effect during application submission?...Thxs.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
you complete the application as much as possible and then print it, take it to guarantor and they fill their part by pen

Tgvk

Oct 21, 2021
Hi, how did you insert the date in your employment record? In the new application form PPTC153, I can only insert the month and the year such as 2022-08 or 2022 Aug. The space provided in the form does not accept full date such as 2022-08-14.

What do you suggest? Is it ok to mention only the month and the year? Please share your opinion.

callmebyyourname

Mar 11, 2022
Hi, how did you insert the date in your employment record? In the new application form PPTC153, I can only insert the month and the year such as 2022-08 or 2022 Aug. The space provided in the form does not accept full date such as 2022-08-14.

What do you suggest? Is it ok to mention only the month and the year? Please share your opinion.
You only need to provide the month and year.
For the ongoing occupation, we can enter the word "Present"