London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd October - 2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2016
If in case I get the Canadian Passport after 3 years from landing & see that I am still not having any suitable job of my requirements will Canadian government allow me to work in any other part of world or my passport will be cancelled if out of Canada for long say 2 years without entry. Do they have right to cancel passports just for working out side Canada.

Thanks
Mohammed

OttawaBuddy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
You are definitely mixing all what could be mixed.
Your question is not connected with Canadian passport and Canadian citizenship.
You are talking about permanent resident card and permanent resident status in Canada.

FIYAZALI

Oct 7, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd October - 2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2016
No my question to concerned to passport itself my friend, i heard that some new rule is going to be implemented C-24 BILL.
which may not allow people to out for work easily.

In this regards i need peoples comments

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
FIYAZALI said:
If in case I get the Canadian Passport after 3 years from landing & see that I am still not having any suitable job of my requirements will Canadian government allow me to work in any other part of world or my passport will be cancelled if out of Canada for long say 2 years without entry. Do they have right to cancel passports just for working out side Canada.

Thanks
Mohammed
There is no possibility of you getting a Canadian passport after just 3 years if you haven't even become a PR yet.
You should be considering at least 4 and probably more. You will be subject to the new eligibility requirements.

FIYAZALI

Oct 7, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd October - 2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2016
Thanks Zardoz, Well i see your Processing was also done from London office.
Did you faced any difficulties with them, are they cooperative and fast in processing.

Thanks
Mohammed.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
FIYAZALI said:
Thanks Zardoz, Well i see your Processing was also done from London office.
Did you faced any difficulties with them, are they cooperative and fast in processing.

Thanks
Mohammed.
A lot has changed since then, and I was processed under Family Class sponsorship.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
FIYAZALI said:

Thanks
Mohammed
You have to live in Canada minimum five years to get citizenship i.e. four years non-break to be eligible under c-24 (next summer) plus another year or two in citizenship processing. So it will be like six years by the time you get passport in hand.
If you can spend that much time here don't worry much about Govt. cancelling your passport, just because you stayed out for two years.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
I think he is asking if he becomes canadian citizen after new bill C24 is passed and he acquires a passport and if he is jobless can he explore opportunities outside canada or he will be reminded of intend to stay clause. Meaning we all hear that new canadians has to sign intend to reside clause. Thats why government provide social welfare if u get jobless to support you until you get new job. We all pay EI as part of taxes.

Kelly77

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Irrelevant answers!!! Can someone really answer his question?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Simple answer is that once a person becomes a citizen, no there is no current provision of law (including Bill C-24) which will allow the Minister to revoke or cancel that person's citizenship because the individual leaves Canada to live or work abroad.

I readily understand what underlies the tangential observations, and they may be warranted.

But to answer the specific query, the "intent to continue residing in Canada" provision in Section 5 of the Citizenship Act, as amended by Bill C-24 (not yet in force) does not have any impact on what a person can do (well, other than acts of terrorism or treason), where they can live, once they are a citizen.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
dpenabill said:
Simple answer is that once a person becomes a citizen, no there is no current provision of law (including Bill C-24) which will allow the Minister to revoke or cancel that person's citizenship because the individual leaves Canada to live or work abroad.

I readily understand what underlies the tangential observations, and they may be warranted.

But to answer the specific query, the "intent to continue residing in Canada" provision in Section 5 of the Citizenship Act, as amended by Bill C-24 (not yet in force) does not have any impact on what a person can do (well, other than acts of terrorism or treason), where they can live, once they are a citizen.
Since intending to continue to reside in Canada is a prerequisite to be granted citizenship, couldn't it be argued that you have committed fraud if e.g. you take your brand new passport and immediately move back to the old country?

FIYAZALI

Oct 7, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd October - 2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2016
Thanks dpenabill Highly Appreciated

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Swede said:
Since intending to continue to reside in Canada is a prerequisite to be granted citizenship, couldn't it be argued that you have committed fraud if e.g. you take your brand new passport and immediately move back to the old country?
Note: the following addresses applications made after the new residency and intent provisions take effect (for sure by next year); that is, applications made by individuals who will have to meet the "intent to continue residing in Canada" requirement to be qualified for a grant of citizenship.

What can be argued is one thing. What can be reasonably argued is yet another. And what can be persuasively argued is yet another. And, what will provoke the Minister to pursue revocation of citizenship is yet another.

But, in a literal sense, no, what a person does after becoming a citizen, no matter how inconsistent that is with what a person said they intended before becoming a citizen, is not anywhere near proof that the individual made a material misrepresentation of fact regarding his or her intent before becoming a citizen. People change their minds all the time.

That is not to say, however, that if there is other, additional evidence of fraud, that the brand new citizen who immediately leaves Canada as soon as a Canadian passport is in hand, cannot have his citizenship revoked for fraud. It is not to say, even, that leaving Canada so soon after the oath will not potentially catch CIC's attention and invite the sort of inquiries which, if evidence of actual fraud is uncovered, could lead to the revocation of citizenship.

But merely leaving Canada to live in another country is not grounds for revoking citizenship, and this will still be true even when all of Bill C-24 is in effect.

So, for example, the applicant who continued to own residential property abroad, or continued to have an interest in a business abroad, and who omitted this information in responding to a Residence Questionnaire, who then very soon after becoming a citizen goes abroad to work in that business that was not disclosed, DUH!, sure, there is a real prospect that if CIC discovers this, citizenship could be revoked for fraud.

But applicants who provided complete and accurate information during the application process, who were not making plans to move abroad while their application was still pending, have nothing to worry about if, per chance, some time after becoming a citizen they decide to move abroad.

This is another subject I have analyzed and discussed in-depth at the immigration.ca citizenship forum, in multiple topics there including one specifically devoted to grounds for the revocation of citizenship. I cite and link various actual cases about the revocation of citizenship in those discussions.

Also see the topic "bill c-24" at the immigration.ca citizenship forum for a number of my in-depth analyses of Bill C-24, including the "intent to continue residing in Canada" provision.

Observations about the "intent to continue residing in Canada" provision in particular:

The "intent to continue residing in Canada" provision will potentially allow the government to use some powerful and profoundly invasive tools for screening those applying for citizenship. There is no doubt, though, that this provision is about screening applicants, and it is NOT about controlling the travel of naturalized citizens.

While what the Minister says is a big clue, it is not controlling. The law, once adopted, speaks for itself. And in this regard the language of this provision, both literally and as taken in context (these actually being consistent with one another), is clearly a screening requirement.

The impact this provision will have, however, is profound and should not be understated. It is huge. The scope of scrutiny it will allow, and the scope of discretion it will give the government to deny applicants, is daunting.

For example: the inclusion of the intent to continue residing provision (1) makes consideration of an applicant's residency related activities after applying specifically relevant, and (2) makes consideration of continuing ties abroad directly, materially relevant. These are, again, huge.

Thus, for example, circumstances which could potentially affect an application, at the least invite questions, potentially invoke skepticism, and possibly result in negative inferences, will (for applications subject to the new residency requirements) include:

-- continued ownership of property abroad, especially residential property

-- continued interests in a business abroad

-- work or residence of any immediate family members abroad, but especially an applicant's spouse

-- extended absences after applying

-- status to live or work in another country (like a U.S. Green Card, or a M.E. work visa, and so on)

Some these are factors now, but less directly than they will be once the applicant is required to affirmatively have an intent to continue residing in Canada after becoming a citizen.

In other words, I am not suggesting that the "intent to continue residing" provision is not important. It is, it is very important. It will probably cause big problems for many applicants. But it will NOT be cause for revoking or canceling a person's citizenship (after they are a citizen of course) because they go to live abroad.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
FIYAZALI to make your question simple you are asking if you have lived in Canada for more than 4 years on PR and have accumulated 1095 days of physical presence and you apply for citizenship and you get your citizenship smoothly without any RQ or even with RQ delays. End of the day you become Canadian citizen and then apply for passport. Now your question starts here can I leave Canada and work outside. Yes sure but do inform CRA as that is the department you are obliged to inform. Also you have to get your health card cancelled. If you are getting child tax that also you need to inform cra.

Bottom line is done lie and leave for the sake of getting Canadian benefits like health claim, child tax, EI..

once you declare you are none resident citizen you are free to do anything without causing burden to CRA. You even don't have to pay taxes.

If you plan to keep property in Canada then you should pay tax on the income earned from that property.
But all this is citizenship of convenience which if you ask us Canadians we hate hate and hate. we don't want to pay our hard earned taxes to benefit people living in middles east or US or Europe to come and claim medical expenses on our hard earned tax money. this money is for the future of us Canadian who live here. :mad:

FIYAZALI said:

Thanks
Mohammed