+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Validity

imo7amed

Jul 12, 2018
Dears,

I have applied for a study permit & just received an email from cic.gc.ca indicating that I should submit my original passport to issue the visa, the problem is my passport has only 1 year validity & the study program is 2 years duration.

Shall I renew the passport then send it to the Visa Application Center? If yes, won’t that affect my application as I have written the current passport ID in the submitted application? Please advise.

Vijayvj

Jul 9, 2018
Six months validity is enough as of now. Once you reach Canada, get in touch with Indian embassy and renew your passport. Then get study visa extension. Else it will take a month time or more to complete this process and u ll end up waiting all time

imo7amed

Jul 12, 2018
Six months validity is enough as of now. Once you reach Canada, get in touch with Indian embassy and renew your passport. Then get study visa extension. Else it will take a month time or more to complete this process and u ll end up waiting all time
actually, i can get the new passport within a week but the question is, won't that cause confusion for the visa center?

darthv

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
actually, i can get the new passport within a week but the question is, won't that cause confusion for the visa center?
Yes it'll definitely cause confusion as in application form your passport no is different. Better to land in canada and then extend it

imo7amed

Jul 12, 2018
in case anyone came across the same situation, yes; it possible to renew the passport then submit them both to to visa center & they will stap the visa on the new one, i have done it :)

Reactions: darthv