+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport validity

balakishore13

Feb 14, 2012
HI,

Have a question regarding the passport validity. My daughter's passport is expiring end of April-2014 and I am expecting the passport submission for PR any time from now. Does it cause any problem after submitting the passport with short expiry? Or do you suggest to apply for a new passport first and then go for submission of passport for PR?

Appreciate your suggestion on this.

Thanks...

deluch

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
0***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP
yes for cost effective and time saving.

You would have to request the visa again after you're getting a new passport.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

balakishore13 said:
HI,

Have a question regarding the passport validity. My daughter's passport is expiring end of April-2014 and I am expecting the passport submission for PR any time from now. Does it cause any problem after submitting the passport with short expiry? Or do you suggest to apply for a new passport first and then go for submission of passport for PR?

Thanks...
Your COPR (visa) would only be valid to the end of April/14

Tigerr

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balakishore13 said:
HI,

Thanks...

Better to apply for new passport cuz,

the visa is not stamped most of the time if there is Less than 6 Months expiy of the passport left

second if they return the passport very late to you after submission then you will be having high tight schedule of entering canada

third the PR Visa is just issued ONE TIME and could not be issued for same person on a renewed passport

avoid risk

R,
T