+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport validity

scel

Nov 21, 2011
Please I will like to confirm how long my passport should be valid before PPR/Visa stamping by VO.

My passport will expire in December 2012, I am waiting for PPR because I have done medicals.

Waiting for response.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

scel said:
Please I will like to confirm how long my passport should be valid before PPR/Visa stamping by VO.

My passport will expire in December 2012, I am waiting for PPR because I have done medicals.

Waiting for response.
You COPR will only be valid for 1 year from the date of the medical or the expiry of the passport, whichever comes first

Chazza

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Melbourne , Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
May 2011
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Hi Guys,

I hope you could help.

My VO is Sydney , Australia.

When i applied under FSW in March 2011 ,my spouce and I were on a Bridging VISA here is Australia.

In May 2011 my spouce's Permanent Risidency (for Australia) was refused becasue the ex employer gave wrong answers on the phone but there was no misrepresentation.

The reason given by the VO was " Not statisfied by your claim of having worked for XYZ" and we were given a chance to appeal but we didnt because we had already applied for Canada FSW.

After this I applied for Temporary Residency in Australia and it was approved. We are still in Australia.

I am awaiting PPR from Canada, " Medical Results have been received" line was added some 6.5 weeks ago.

I have just realised that we didnt update Canada of this Australian VISA refusal which happened after applying for the former.

What if VO would checked with their Australian counterparts and found out that we have been refused PR by Australia hence cause concerns in security clearance ?

We are worried because it has been more that 3 months since we took the medicals and there is still no sign of PPR.

I have holidayed in 8 countries in my life though.

What do you think is going on behind the scene ? Do they check only security at this stage or are they also going to check whether we have any rejected Visas ?

Or could they have already checked visa refusals etc before the medicals.

Thanks in advance

Chazza

Chazza

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Melbourne , Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
May 2011
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
PMM said:
Hi

You COPR will only be valid for 1 year from the date of the medical or the expiry of the passport, whichever comes first
Hi PMM,

I hope you could help.

My VO is Sydney , Australia.

When i applied under FSW in March 2011 ,my spouce and I were on a Bridging VISA here is Australia.

In May 2011 my spouce's Permanent Risidency (for Australia) was refused becasue the ex employer gave wrong answers on the phone but there was no misrepresentation.

The reason given by the VO was " Not statisfied by your claim of having worked for XYZ" and we were given a chance to appeal but we didnt because we had already applied for Canada FSW.

After this I applied for Temporary Residency in Australia and it was approved. We are still in Australia.

I am awaiting PPR from Canada, " Medical Results have been received" line was added some 6.5 weeks ago.

I have just realised that we didnt update Canada of this Australian VISA refusal which happened after applying for the former.

What if VO would checked with their Australian counterparts and found out that we have been refused PR by Australia hence cause concerns in security clearance ?

We are worried because it has been more that 3 months since we took the medicals and there is still no sign of PPR.

I have holidayed in 8 countries in my life though.

What do you think is going on behind the scene ? Do they check only security at this stage or are they also going to check whether we have any rejected Visas ?

Or could they have already checked visa refusals etc before the medicals.

Thanks in advance

Chazza