App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
Im a Pakistani citizen right now in Pakistan. Im planning to travel to Canada this coming week. My Pakistani passport and trv visa and study permit are expiring in a month from today. Passport offices are still closed in Pakistan so i cant renew it immediately. My intention is to reach in Canada and immediately apply for Pakistan passport renewal (i can do that in canada its online process) and apply for extension of my study permit.

My question is will I be allowed to board flight with a month left on my passport and enter Canada? I have talked with one airlins so far and they have asked me to have at least six months on passport to board on their planes.

Anyone have similar experience to share or suggest?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Im a Pakistani citizen right now in Pakistan. Im planning to travel to Canada this coming week. My Pakistani passport and trv visa and study permit are expiring in a month from today. Passport offices are still closed in Pakistan so i cant renew it immediately. My intention is to reach in Canada and immediately apply for Pakistan passport renewal (i can do that in canada its online process) and apply for extension of my study permit.

My question is will I be allowed to board flight with a month left on my passport and enter Canada? I have talked with one airlins so far and they have asked me to have at least six months on passport to board on their planes.

Anyone have similar experience to share or suggest?
Canada has no 6 months validity requirements. However, regardless of whether the airline lets you board the plane, given the fact that there is no guarantee that you would be able to renew your passport in less than a month, there is a very high chance of being refused entry.

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
Canada has no 6 months validity requirements. However, regardless of whether the airline lets you board the plane, given the fact that there is no guarantee that you would be able to renew your passport in less than a month, there is a very high chance of being refused entry.
Thanks for the reply. I understand there is no guarantee but I have received my passport renewal in Canada within a week in the past. So i guess its very risky.

The thing is if i am waiting for renewal here then my study permit and trv will expire too for which i will have to request extension from here which probably will take months and will affect my current semester.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply. I understand there is no guarantee but I have received my passport renewal in Canada within a week in the past. So i guess its very risky.

The thing is if i am waiting for renewal here then my study permit and trv will expire too for which i will have to request extension from here which probably will take months and will affect my current semester.
In the past, there was no pandemic.

You are banking a lot on being able to renew your passport in less than a month in Canada. If you don't have a new passport before your study permit expires, you won't be able to apply for an extension and will end up out of status.

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
In the past, there was no pandemic.

You are banking a lot on being able to renew your passport in less than a month in Canada. If you don't have a new passport before your study permit expires, you won't be able to apply for an extension and will end up out of status.
I just talked with the consulate of Pakistan in Canada and they are operational. They are providing 1 year manual passport extension on the same day due to pandemic situation. I have their email, would that decrease the risk of refused entry.?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I just talked with the consulate of Pakistan in Canada and they are operational. They are providing 1 year manual passport extension on the same day due to pandemic situation. I have their email, would that decrease the risk of refused entry.?
Possibly but I can't say for sure.