+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PAssport validity and Travel

krumali90

Apr 21, 2017
My name is Krumali Chokshi (Indian citizen, currently staying in seychelles) and I am the primary applicant. We received our Permament residence visa and our COPR is valid till 26th February,2019. I am planning to travel in first week of February and I have one query regarding my passport validity:

My passport is valid till 14th July, 2016 and I have my visa stamped in this passport. So is it mandatory for me to travel before six month of my passport validity in my case?? Or I have to apply for a new passport??

If I apply for a new passport, my visa and COPR documents will be valid from my old passport or I need to stamp them again??

Please advise me as soon as possible for me to take an immediate decision as we are sort of our time frame.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
My name is Krumali Chokshi (Indian citizen, currently staying in seychelles) and I am the primary applicant. We received our Permament residence visa and our COPR is valid till 26th February,2019. I am planning to travel in first week of February and I have one query regarding my passport validity:

My passport is valid till 14th July, 2016 and I have my visa stamped in this passport. So is it mandatory for me to travel before six month of my passport validity in my case?? Or I have to apply for a new passport??

If I apply for a new passport, my visa and COPR documents will be valid from my old passport or I need to stamp them again??

Please advise me as soon as possible for me to take an immediate decision as we are sort of our time frame.
Do you have your dates right, or has this message been sitting in your drafts for a year now?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

You don't need a new passport. You can travel on your current one anytime prior to COPR/visa expiry.

thaen

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
My COPR expires 31st November, and My passport Expires 26th December. Can I travel to Canada on September with this passport.