23-02-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
Hi everyone,
i got my ppr email today morning, and i was reading requirements and it says that passport should be valid at least 6 month and guess what mine is expiring on 12 feb 2017 that makes it 5 months and 3 weeks, what should i do, should i send or call cic? kindly reply if you know about it, thanks in advance........

Hasnin

May 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahil1986 said:
Hi everyone,
i got my ppr email today morning, and i was reading requirements and it says that passport should be valid at least 6 month and guess what mine is expiring on 12 feb 2017 that makes it 5 months and 3 weeks, what should i do, should i send or call cic? kindly reply if you know about it, thanks in advance........
I also had the validity issue. So, I reissued my passport and have sent only the new one to the vo. I still have not received it back so I can't say for sure that it worked.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The date that you send the passport,
the passport should be valid for at least 6 months.

In your case, I'd renew the passport b4.

skouja

Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I was in this case so I sent a message to Ottawa (at the email adress mentioned in PPR email), asking for a delay so that I could have time to renew my passport.
They answer me 24h later, saying that the 6 months validity is for people coming from outside Canada, and since I am already in canada (I am CEC inland with LMIA) I could send them my actual passport (it expire 28 december 2016).
So that what I did. Ottawa receive my package on monday (I include a copy of the email of the agent telling me that it was ok to send my actual passport tho), and I am waiting news from them. Meanwhile I also requested a passport renewal to my ambassy, just in case ;)

cheers

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahil1986 said:
Hi everyone,
As you mentioned above, 5 months and 3 weeks, you should be fine, just send current passport along with letter of explanation whether you are not be ale to renew passport within 30 days due to embassy restrictions.

Congrats for PPR.

sahil1986

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
Thanks everyone for your reply and SKOUJA could you please update me or pm me when you get your passport, thanks :)
skouja said:
Hi, I was in this case so I sent a message to Ottawa (at the email adress mentioned in PPR email), asking for a delay so that I could have time to renew my passport.
They answer me 24h later, saying that the 6 months validity is for people coming from outside Canada, and since I am already in canada (I am CEC inland with LMIA) I could send them my actual passport (it expire 28 december 2016).
So that what I did. Ottawa receive my package on monday (I include a copy of the email of the agent telling me that it was ok to send my actual passport tho), and I am waiting news from them. Meanwhile I also requested a passport renewal to my ambassy, just in case ;)

cheers

sahil1986

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
Hi guys,
Just to let you know, I email cic and they replied that I can send my passport as it is and it is good so I sent it today morning.

Thanks for your time and help :D :D :D :D ;D

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just keep checking return tracker activated, probably 2 weeks from now.:)

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Hi guys,
Just to let you know, I email cic and they replied that I can send my passport as it is and it is good so I sent it today morning.

Where did you send email, my passport is also expiring in in Feb 1st and I got a request on Sept 1st. I am not sure what to do now. I am not staying in Indian (nigher in Canada) and so renewing passport would take more than 1 month.

Would you please share email id. in my PPR request there is no email ID mentioned, it's just the postal address of New Delhi (India) office.

hellostranger

Jan 18, 2019
Hi guys,

Hi,

cheers
Hi
I know it has been for a while, but I am on the same page with you. Can you tell me if you got your pr without any problem? I am waiting for PPR, my passport will be expired on August and I am in Canada.