+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport type for a government service holder

parthodhar

Feb 1, 2024
What type of passport is good for a government service holder in Bangladesh for Canada PR purposes which does not make complexities if it will get PR VISA? Is it private service or government service? Does is it need resignation from the current government job in his respective country, in case of the person will get PR VISA of Canada or any better idea?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What type of passport is good for a government service holder in Bangladesh for Canada PR purposes which does not make complexities if it will get PR VISA? Is it private service or government service? Does is it need resignation from the current government job in his respective country, in case of the person will get PR VISA of Canada or any better idea?
You need a non-government service passport, that is, a regular civil passport.

Whether you can get one in Bangladesh while in government service is not a question about Canada or IRCC - you'll have to figure that out in Bangladesh.

Reactions: bellaluna

parthodhar

Feb 1, 2024
If I have the passport with profession of Housewife, then is it ok?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If I have the passport with profession of Housewife, then is it ok?
Your stated profession is irrelevant (kind of). The main thing is it must be a regular, 'civil' passport, not a government service, military, or diplomatic passport. These are sometimes called 'official' passports i.e. indicating they are held by 'officials'.

The type of passport is what matters. A quick look at wikipedia shows that the green passports seem to be regular or ordinary passports (civil), and there are also diplomatic and official passports.

Again, I don't know Bangladesh's specifics (or why profession is listed at all). In Canada a dependent/spouse of a diplomat or some government officials might receive a diplomatic or official passport (for official travel). In some countries other household members (staff, nannies, etc) might receive them; sometimes people working for embassies or embassy-related entities (official schools etc) might also carry them. (But then Canadian diplomats would also have regular passports, which they can use in some personal circumstances, although may not have access to/be allowed to use them in others).