+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport translations for test/interview?

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Received my Test date and interview.

The email lists a bunch of documents to take (mainly anything you sent with application) but translation of passport stamps not in French or English isn’t mentioned. It only mentions translation of documents that you sent with application (I did not send any passport stamps with my application)

I have 2 stamps not in English/French - one is within eligibility period but before I moved to Canada on an IEC and the other from after I had sent my application off.

Anyone recently (as in people who have attended an interview in the last 3 months) gone to the interview and been asked for stamps (exit/entry) to be translated?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Received my Test date and interview.

The email lists a bunch of documents to take (mainly anything you sent with application) but translation of passport stamps not in French or English isn’t mentioned. It only mentions translation of documents that you sent with application (I did not send any passport stamps with my application)

I have 2 stamps not in English/French - one is within eligibility period but before I moved to Canada on an IEC and the other from after I had sent my application off.

Anyone recently (as in people who have attended an interview in the last 3 months) gone to the interview and been asked for stamps (exit/entry) to be translated?
Hi,
everything depends on the agents. They sometimes ask for the translation sometimes don't.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Hi,
everything depends on the agents. They sometimes ask for the translation sometimes don't.
Thanks

So it’s risk to take. Pay $70 for the 2 translations that they may not even care about or be asked to get them done which will delay my ceremony date

Something to think about

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Thanks

So it’s risk to take. Pay $70 for the 2 translations that they may not even care about or be asked to get them done which will delay my ceremony date

Something to think about
You can go with no translation and if the agent asks to provide one, you can do it later if not you will save $70.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Update:

Had my test + interview this week. The officer did not ask about the passport stamps and although they looked through my passport, they did not comment on them.

Thus I saved myself $70

I got DM today and am now awaiting an oath date

Reactions: Mrva21