+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Translation

archerx

Sep 13, 2011
Hi Guys

I need your suggestions

I am gonna apply for Canadian citizenship soon and would like to get my passport translated.

I have non-English stamps in my passport that need to be translated.
however I have also Hungarian and Switzerland visas and you can see three different languages on the these visas including English.

1- Do I need to get these visas translated as well?
2- I have an Arabic visa but entry/exit dates are clearly understandable, Do you suggest me to get translated as well
3- Most of my visas and stamps in my passport are not relevant with the the last 4 years, Do I need all of them as translated regardless four years?

I really appreciate if you can explain my questions with details

Thank you

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In CITIZENSHIP application... you are not required to include the full pages of passport.
That's only required if you are applying for PR card renewal.

In citizenship application, you only need to include copy of photo page of your passport.

Also you might be required to send them full pages of passport if they request this in RQ.

If you want to include all pages of passport anyway, then here is what you need to do:
> I have non-English stamps in my passport that need to be translated.
must be translated by sworn translator in Canada.

> Hungarian and Switzerland visas and you can see three
> different languages on the these visas including English.

If there is anything on the visa that is not written in English, then the visa has to be translated. If everything is written in English, then no translation needed.

> Arabic visa but entry/exit dates are clearly understandable
3 things in EACH stamp MUST be in ENGLISH:
-- was it entry or exit?
-- date?
-- airport or the country

if the above are in English/French... no need to translate.

> Most of my visas and stamps in my passport are not relevant with the the last 4 years

How do they know? :)
I mean how would a CIC officer who only recognize English & French know that the date/destination is not within the 4 years?

Anything in your passport that is not in English/French must be translated.

Again... full pages are not required for citizenship application, unless you want to add this as an extra.

Best wishes,

Mary

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a stamps in arabic too, however, I still have a flight tickets confirmation with me. Do you think will help instead translation?