+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT TO CPC-OTTAWA - Sept 2018

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hello Everyone, i received letter from CIC about my application is approved but this letter say that CIC officer will contact me, please advice me for further process

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-IMMIGRATION-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-IMMIGRATION-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE

If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application.

If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-IMMIGRATION-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to bring the following documents:

1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Ottawa Office

victoria84

Feb 9, 2018
2018-10-25 PPR
2018-10-30 Passport sent via canada post
2018- 11-06 Passport received
2018-11-07 Status change to approved
2018 -11-09 Return envelop activated
TBA - COPR Received

Hoping that the Canada Post strike doesn't affect the delivery too much!

Patel234

Nov 8, 2018
2018-10-25 PPR
2018-10-30 Passport sent via canada post
2018- 11-06 Passport received
2018-11-07 Status change to approved
2018 -11-09 Return envelop activated
TBA - COPR Received

Hoping that the Canada Post strike doesn't affect the delivery too much!
Hello what is your application received date...?

yycgirl27

Aug 17, 2018
Hello Everyone, i received letter from CIC about my application is approved but this letter say that CIC officer will contact me, please advice me for further process

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-IMMIGRATION-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-IMMIGRATION-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE

If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application.

If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-IMMIGRATION-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to bring the following documents:

1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Ottawa Office

You have to send CIC your passport, 2 photos
(as per the requirements) with a copy of Annex A (attached to the same email you have received at the very end. Copy it in MS word and follow the instructions). Mail it to CIC depending upon your location (Canada or US) as they have different mailing address for Canada and US. Also, you have to put one new trackable envelope (which they will activate later), so they can mail you back your passport and COPRs.

Msre

May 9, 2018
Folks, Has anyone used any other option to send passports to CPC OTTAWA other than Canada Post? such as FedEx or hand deliver?

gctarun

Dec 4, 2018
My e-Application for visitor vias was approved. I sent my passport to Ottawa-CPC after they requested for passport.
I sent it to through USPS. The USPS tracker says "Item available for pick up". Does that mean CPC will pick up from USPS/Canada Post? My understanding was that passports will be delivered to their office. Please advise.

Nov 23, 2014
My e-Application for visitor vias was approved. I sent my passport to Ottawa-CPC after they requested for passport.
I sent it to through USPS. The USPS tracker says "Item available for pick up". Does that mean CPC will pick up from USPS/Canada Post? My understanding was that passports will be delivered to their office. Please advise.
Hello Friend,

Were your passports picked up by CPC Ottawa? If yes, can you please let me know what steps you have taken to ensure CPC picked up your package?

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
PPR 01/31/19
Passport Sent 01/31/19
Passport Received 02/01/19
Approved : TBA
Return Activated TBA
Passport Received TBA

It's been almost 8 business days and still no updates. This is really frustrating, not able to connect to an agent despite of trying on different timings and almost every day. Today I received similar mail again requesting for PPR, but looks like the template is for those who are in India/outside Canada.
I believe this should be for my spouse who is currently in India on Vacation. But it creates so much confusion when they dont respond to actual questions and dont update in My Account.

vc6gc

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
PPR 01/31/19
Passport Sent 01/31/19
Approved : TBA
Return Activated TBA
Passport Received TBA

It's been almost 8 business days and still no updates. This is really frustrating, not able to connect to an agent despite of trying on different timings and almost every day. Today I received similar mail again requesting for PPR, but looks like the template is for those who are in India/outside Canada.
I believe this should be for my spouse who is currently in India on Vacation. But it creates so much confusion when they dont respond to actual questions and dont update in My Account.
@bhanuprakashn my timeline is exactly the same.
Applied for PR: April 11, 2018
PPR Email: Jan 31, 2019
Passport sent: Jan 31, 2019
Passport received by CPC Ottawa: Feb 01, 2019
Update of CIC application: Feb 08, 2019
Return Activated: TBA
Passport Received: TBA

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
@bhanuprakashn my timeline is exactly the same.
Return Activated: TBA
Passport Received: TBA
Looks like they are waiting for my Spouse's passport too, before updating the status in CIC My Account. Thanks for providing your case status.

vc6gc

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Return Activated: Feb 18, 2019
Passport Received: Feb 19, 2019

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Return Activated: Feb 18, 2019
Passport Received: Feb 19, 2019
Exactly same:
PPR 01/31/19
Passport Sent 01/31/19
Approved : 2/8/19, But they didnot update the system until they received my Spouse's passport at Delhi CPC center. My Spouse's app approved on 2/18 and so my status reflected on system on 2/18.
Return Activated 2/18/19
Passport Received 2/19/19

Dcgil

Feb 28, 2019
Hi there,

Has anyone recently sent passports to Ottawa for PR? I got the email asking for passports on Feb 13, sent them on Feb 14 and wee received at CPC PO Box on Feb 15. I haven’t got any updates so far. Should I contact them?

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hi there,

Has anyone recently sent passports to Ottawa for PR? I got the email asking for passports on Feb 13, sent them on Feb 14 and wee received at CPC PO Box on Feb 15. I haven’t got any updates so far. Should I contact them?
It takes approximately 20 days to get updates.