Passport to CPC Ottawa - January 2017

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
testuser100 said:
Hi All,

There is a small mistake in the place of birth in my COPR. My actual place of birth is XXXXX, XXXX. The COPR has one letter missing at the end. I had provided the correct input while filling out the application. Do i need to get this corrected before landing or mention this to the officer for correction while landing ?

Thanks,
Mention it while landing!!!
Do not delay your landing coz it will take much longer for the Ottawa office to do the amending. Let the border office correct it.

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
rnkhouse said:
Go towards rainbow bridge. Intersection is falls ave and rainbow bridge.
Good luck!
Do we need a visa to enter the US if flag polling???

stormeye

Dec 28, 2015
Has anyone used fedex to send passports from USA to Ottawa? Did you have to send a commercial invoice for customs along with the package? I recently sent my passports but dont remember sending any invoice. I simply sent a return envelope along with return shipping labels.

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
And here's another question for opinions:
I am a visibly Muslim female, i.e. I wear a headscarf and, additionally my skin in brown :p
If I flag pole, am I gonna have any problems on the US side? Given the current racial, xenophobic situation?

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I successfully completed my landing procedure at IRCC office :).

I need some clarification, did anyone has the same scenario? My confirmation of PR document has two mistakes in it.

1) Original date of entry and Last date of entry are incorrect

The original date of entry as per CoPR is 12-Sep-2013 but I came to Canada on 29-July-2011. Similarly, my last date of entry as per CoPR is 02-Mar-2014, but it should be 29-Nov-2016.

I brought these mistakes to the CIC officer's concern. Interestingly, I have stampings for all the above-mentioned dates [29-Jul-2011(entered Canada for the very first time), 12-Sep-2013 (entered Canada from US), 02-Mar-2014 (entered Canada from my home country), 29-Nov-2016 (entered Canada from my home country)] on my passport. She looked at my stampings at passport and changed my last date of entry to 29-Nov-2016. But she didn't change original date of entry to 29-Jul-2011, she left it as 12-Sep-2013. I told her that during my masters degree on 12-Sep-2013 I went to USA to attend a conference. That date is taken as my original date of entry. For that the officer told me, while processing my application at IRCC they linked it to this date itseems. Also, she mentioned if I am considering for citizenship in future, the number of years before my PR date might be useful if the current law changes for citizenship eligibility. She also mentioned that, if the new rule gets implemented only IRCC consider the 4 years before my PR date. So 2013 to 2017 this is enough itseems.

Can you explain me what she meant about that citizen eligibility?
Do you guys think that I need to check with CIC on the original date of entry?

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Zimprincess said:
And here's another question for opinions:
I am a visibly Muslim female, i.e. I wear a headscarf and, additionally my skin in brown :p
If I flag pole, am I gonna have any problems on the US side? Given the current racial, xenophobic situation?
As you are not entering USA, it shouldn't be a problem

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Thanks for your answers.
I called yesterday to make an appointment with IRCC. I was told it's going to take 7 weeks. That's a long wait. I might flag pole if it actually is 7 weeks.
Anyone else in Toronto made an appointment within the last few days?

rewt321

Apr 12, 2016
stormeye said:
Has anyone used fedex to send passports from USA to Ottawa? Did you have to send a commercial invoice for customs along with the package? I recently sent my passports but dont remember sending any invoice. I simply sent a return envelope along with return shipping labels.
I did the same. My envelope arrived and I'm waiting for it to be returned. Will update once something changes!

stormeye

Dec 28, 2015
Hi rewt321,

Thanks for your reply. When did your passports reach Ottawa? Mine reached on Feb 15th. Did you also not send the commercial invoice form along with the return shipping labels? According to this site
http://www.canadacustomer.fedex.com/ca_english/customsguide/comminvoice.html
you do not need to send commercial invoice for documents.

I will keep you posted on my updates.

Thanks

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stormeye said:
Hi rewt321,

Thanks for your reply. When did your passports reach Ottawa? Mine reached on Feb 15th. Did you also not send the commercial invoice form along with the return shipping labels? According to this site

Thanks
hey...what does ur final decision states? Not started or approved? My documents reached on the same day too.

rewt321

Apr 12, 2016
stormeye said:
Hi rewt321,

Thanks
Mine arrived feb 16th so I guess you'll be able to inform me! I did not include commercial invoice.. just whatever documents the fedex staff member had me fill out.

stormeye

Dec 28, 2015
Donald Trump said:
hey...what does ur final decision states? Not started or approved? My documents reached on the same day too.
It states Final Decision: Not started. I wonder if it ever changes.

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stormeye said:
It states Final Decision: Not started. I wonder if it ever changes.
I heard this is how it ends -
Application / profile status - Closed
Review of eligibility - Passed
Review of medical results - Passed
Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time
Background check - Complete
Final Decision - The application has been approved.