+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport to CPC Ottawa - January 2017

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
JSN_2016 said:
Congrats, TomasX90.

Even the dates are incorrect in the CoPR. What did you do?
The CBSA guys told me that these dates are garbage and don't matter at all. The whole landing process took 10 mins.

VeerBho

Nov 9, 2016
JSN_2016 said:
Congrats, VeerBho.

Even my last entry date and my spouse's entry date are incorrect. Did you inform the officer about it?
Yes. Officer said they are not important. If we wish then we can make an application to CIC to change it

Sunny Canada

Feb 9, 2016
mysunshine said:
hey,we r at the same boat!
Hey Guys, you better contact the service provider. This happened with me and the package was sitting in the truck for almost 10 days. I called Canada post and opened a service ticket and they were able to trace it in 24hrs and delivered.

niceday01

Dec 29, 2016
If you are within Canada, how are you sending your passports to Ottawa? I did express post through Canada post. Neither ups nor fed ex would let me ship to a po box. Did other people get their statuses changed to delivered when they tracked their parcels?

I did call Canada post again about mine however they just say over the phone that they guaranteed its delivered just not yet opened. I sent a duplicate parcel today ( I didn't have to send my passport just a copy) to be sure.

Thanks

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VeerBho said:
Yes. Officer said they are not important. If we wish then we can make an application to CIC to change it
Thanks, VeerBho. I sent my passport to CIC Ottawa along with our photos (2 for me and 2 for my wife). They affixed a PR-immigrant visa on our passport which is valid for 6 months and also sent CoPR documents. Then I scheduled an appointment with one of the local CIC office.

I am planning to take following documents,
1) Passport of primary applicant
2) Passport of dependent applicant
3) CoPR for both primary and dependent applicants
4) Current work permits for both
5) CIC asked us to bring 2 photos (2 for me and 2 for my wife).

Any other documents required?

VeerBho

Nov 9, 2016
JSN_2016 said:
Thanks, VeerBho. I sent my passport to CIC Ottawa along with our photos (2 for me and 2 for my wife). They affixed a PR-immigrant visa on our passport which is valid for 6 months and also sent CoPR documents. Then I scheduled an appointment with one of the local CIC office.

I am planning to take following documents,
1) Passport of primary applicant
2) Passport of dependent applicant
3) CoPR for both primary and dependent applicants
4) Current work permits for both
5) CIC asked us to bring 2 photos (2 for me and 2 for my wife).

Any other documents required?
Well... they also asked me for my driver's license or any other valid document for address verification and all old Canadian permits that I have so they can shred it as it was no longer needed. But other than that all is good as per your list.

When is your appointment? I have heard it takes two weeks to schedule an appointment with local office.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Any updates?

roz19

Dec 2, 2016
I have a question related to Passport submission. As i am inland i will send my passport to Ottawa. However, they did not provide any instruction where to send the passports for my spouse and daughter. Should i send it to the corresponding visa office?

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
harry112358 said:
Johnny - has your status changed in the CIC account or not yet? I believe it is exactly 1 week for you today!
Not yet

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VeerBho said:
Well... they also asked me for my driver's license or any other valid document for address verification and all old Canadian permits that I have so they can shred it as it was no longer needed. But other than that all is good as per your list.

When is your appointment? I have heard it takes two weeks to schedule an appointment with local office.
Thanks, VeerBho. I got my passport back on 31-Jan-2017. I called CIC on the same day to book the appointment, then they assigned a local office. Then the local office sent an email with the appointment date and time. Which are two weeks from the date of the email and three weeks from the date of my call to CIC.

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TomasX90 said:
The CBSA guys told me that these dates are garbage and don't matter at all. The whole landing process took 10 mins.
Thanks, TomasX90.

niceday01

Dec 29, 2016
My passport arrived in Ottawa on January 30th. My tracker for Canada post still has my package as being out for delivery however I received my copr today. I am inland on a work visa. Can I just show up to the boarder or do I need to book an appointment?