+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport submitted at los angeles consulate

riak

May 2, 2019
Hi,

I have sent my passport for copr to consulate general of canada in Los Angeles as per the request letter.i heard from my friends they have only sent it to VAC(visa application centre) in NY or LA. could someone please let me know if they have sent it to Consulate ? also its been 2 weeks since i have sent it, there is no update in my profile.is there anyway to contact them? whats the average time to expect the passport back? any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks in advance.

saranyathiru

Mar 13, 2019
Hi @riak,

Any update on your passport? or any ways of contacting them? I sent my passport to LA as well and its been 4 weeks now, no updates yet.

riak

May 2, 2019
same here its been 4 weeks since i have sent it.i hav contacted them through email, no reply so far. donno how long it will take n how to proceed further.please let me know if u get any update.

Reactions: saranyathiru

saranyathiru

Mar 13, 2019
same here its been 4 weeks since i have sent it.i hav contacted them through email, no reply so far. donno how long it will take n how to proceed further.please let me know if u get any update.
Sure. Your timeline is same as mine.. hoping to have update this week. lets see..

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
I got it back on may 13th. It took 30 days to get it back.
Thank you for replying. I just received a message in my cic account that my application was approved. Probably they stamped it when they updated. Do you know how long after we get the message. I live in LA. I wonder if they send it to a different place to get it stamped.

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
Hi @riak and @saranyathiru . Did they send you the passport on the same day when the status changed to approved on the cic portal? I received a mail from them that they sent the passport on 12th June. Ideally I should receive it the next day as I live in Los Angeles but USPS shows no tracking updates. I called USPS and they said they did not receive the package. I'm worried if they lost it.

May 28, 2019
@quantized - did you receive your passport? I submitted mine on june 6th(it reached to LA visa office). There is no update yet. Do you think it will take time? How long is this process going to take. Is there a way I can contact them?

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
@quantized - did you receive your passport? I submitted mine on june 6th(it reached to LA visa office). There is no update yet. Do you think it will take time? How long is this process going to take. Is there a way I can contact them?
Yes I did receive it yesterday. My cic profile showed as approved that had the copr number when they stamped the passport. They stamped it on 11th June and shipped it me on 17th June. I submitted it on 29th May. You can reach out to them on this email address :

lngls@international.gc.ca

Usually they take 3-4 days to respond.