+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submitted 1 month ago to IRCC

Anonymous0905

Mar 14, 2024
Hi all,
I recently submitted my passport at the VAC Los Angeles office on Feb 14, 2024 and they sent to IRCC on Feb 16, 2024. I haven’t received any updates yet on my application. This is under FSW Express Entry for PR. I would like to know if someone has an idea how many days it takes for them to review and make decision from the Los Angeles office. I have been doing some research and found that many applications take only 2 weeks and their passports are returned.
I am just getting anxious as to why it has taken them almost a month and still no update.

Thanks for any help!

blah1234999

Mar 19, 2024
Hey, I'm in a similar situation. My passport was sent to the LA VAC on the 22nd of Feb and I haven't heard back from them yet.
Did you end up receiving your passport back?

Anonymous0905

Mar 14, 2024
Hey, I'm in a similar situation. My passport was sent to the LA VAC on the 22nd of Feb and I haven't heard back from them yet.
Did you end up receiving your passport back?
Nothing yet, I checked this morning. It still shows as processing at IRCC since Feb 16. Did you apply under FSW Express Entry as well?

blah1234999

Mar 19, 2024
Yeah, I applied under FSW Express Entry too. My status is still the same too. Has you IRCC profile been updated to Approved or something else? I saw a couple other posts saying that their's had changed before the passport was sent back. Mine still has the "Final decision" as the latest update

Anonymous0905

Mar 14, 2024
Yeah, I applied under FSW Express Entry too. My status is still the same too. Has you IRCC profile been updated to Approved or something else? I saw a couple other posts saying that their's had changed before the passport was sent back. Mine still has the "Final decision" as the latest update
No update on my profile either. Will keep you posted when I get anything. You also let me know when you get any update.
Thanks!

Reactions: blah1234999

Anonymous0905

Mar 14, 2024
No updates yet I assume?
Nothing, I contacted VAC yesterday, they said it is still with IRCC. I am reading at other places like Facebook groups as well and people say it is taking around 45-50 days to get passports back on average. Someone submitted in LA on January 9 and got it back on March 18. So I assume it is normal for them to take this long. I am hoping to hear back something within next 2 weeks.

blah1234999

Mar 19, 2024
Got it, thanks for that info - I hadn't really checked FB groups, but its good to know we aren't the only ones facing this issue lol
Hoping for the best for the both of us!

Anonymous0905

Mar 14, 2024
Got it, thanks for that info - I hadn't really checked FB groups, but its good to know we aren't the only ones facing this issue lol
Hoping for the best for the both of us!
Yea, also read somewhere that FSW Express Entry are processed after all applications. Usually they prioritize PNP and other applications. Don't worry, we will get it soon. Just a matter of time.

blah1234999

Mar 19, 2024
Hey, just an FYI - there was an update on my IRCC profile - with the "Final decision" status being changed to "Review of eligibility - March 25, 2024:Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below." and the page has some counterfoil information

Anonymous0905

Mar 14, 2024
Hey, just an FYI - there was an update on my IRCC profile - with the "Final decision" status being changed to "Review of eligibility - March 25, 2024:Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below." and the page has some counterfoil information
Wow, that is great. Congratulations, I have not received any update yet, but hoping to get something soon now. Hopefully you will receive your passport back as well now soon with your visa and COPR. I will keep checking for any updates on my profile as well.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

blah1234999

Mar 19, 2024
I had also tried to contact IRCC using the webform request ( https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application ) asking for an application status update a few days back. Im not sure if that had any effect for this since I didn't get any response to that request but maybe you should try reaching out as well.

I hope yours gets updated soon too! I'll keep you updated if anything else changes on my end

Anonymous0905

Mar 14, 2024
I had also tried to contact IRCC using the webform request ( https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application ) asking for an application status update a few days back. Im not sure if that had any effect for this since I didn't get any response to that request but maybe you should try reaching out as well.

I hope yours gets updated soon too! I'll keep you updated if anything else changes on my end
Oh I see, that's great. I will keep checking mine. Thanks for the info!

Anonymous0905

Mar 14, 2024

Hey,

I got my passport with visa stamped and COPR in the mail today. Hope you get yours soon too, good luck with move to Canada!