+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Submit Request - LA Consulate Address

kaushal8394

Feb 1, 2014
Hi,

I received the request to submit the passport for the visa stamping. On following the link on the request letter, I got following details

Submit your passport at the visa application centre

You can submit your passport(s) by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:
◾The passport request letter you received from CIC
◾Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees
◾Full contact information, including a phone number and your full return address

Check the website of your closest visa application centre (VAC) for more information:
◾CSC in El Segundo, California

For holders of diplomatic or official passports only : Submit your passport at the visa office

To submit by mail or courier, you must include your passport, a copy of the request letter, and a self-addressed United States Postal Service/ USPS Express Mail flat rate envelope with the correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable.
◾Keep a record of the tracking number on the USPS Express Mail label so that you can track delivery of the envelope
◾For USPS Priority Mail envelopes, you must also attach a Delivery Confirmation form with correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable.

If you do not provide an acceptable return envelope, the visa office will mail your passports and original documents via regular mail with no tracking number.

Please send your passport(s) to:

EAPP
Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Section
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071

Is the address to submit the passport correct ?

anks101

Feb 5, 2014
I had sent mine to NY because i live closer to east coast. i sent them to NY address mentioned on the link. Envelope included passports, letter and self addressed return USPS priority express envelope

kaushal8394 said:
Hi,

I received the request to submit the passport for the visa stamping. On following the link on the request letter, I got following details

◾Full contact information, including a phone number and your full return address

Check the website of your closest visa application centre (VAC) for more information:

For holders of diplomatic or official passports only : Submit your passport at the visa office

To submit by mail or courier, you must include your passport, a copy of the request letter, and a self-addressed United States Postal Service/ USPS Express Mail flat rate envelope with the correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable.
◾Keep a record of the tracking number on the USPS Express Mail label so that you can track delivery of the envelope
◾For USPS Priority Mail envelopes, you must also attach a Delivery Confirmation form with correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable.

If you do not provide an acceptable return envelope, the visa office will mail your passports and original documents via regular mail with no tracking number.

EAPP
Immigration Section
Los Angeles, CA 90071

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
kaushal8394 said:
Hi,

EAPP
Immigration Section
Los Angeles, CA 90071

Hi,

How long did it take for you to get the visa, since the date you applied for it?

rag_goud

Mar 21, 2014
Hello,
I have sent mine to El Segundo, California address yesterday in USPS Express mail. The USPS status shows as Available for Pickup. Does any one know that if VAC people will go to the post office and pick these packages?

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
kaushal8394 said:
Hi Dozel,

I got my PP request in about 20 calendar days from the date of application.
Thank you for your information.

Mar 28, 2014
This is what i got via email from VAC in LA. DOnt know why they cant post this information on their website. It is pretty confusing there. These instructions are quite clear:

In order to submit your passport for an application submitted online, you must first receive a letter through “MyCIC account” requesting you to submit your passport. Once you receive this request please submit the following documents:

-VAC Consent Form
- Original valid passport
- Original letter received through your “MyCIC account” that instructs you to submit your passport.
- Prepaid return airway bill from your company of preference in order to send you your documents once your application is finalized. If you decide to pick up your documents directly at the VAC, as a mandatory requirement when picking up your completed application you must present a valid government issued photo ID along with 1 photocopy of it; in which case you can decide NOT to submit this prepaid return airway bill. Note that we are unable to give out your documents to any unauthorized third party.
- VAC Fee for Online passport submissions, payment in the amount of 34.10 USD. The VAC fee can be paid by bank draft, cashier’s cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSC Consular Services Inc. Please submit a photocopy of this payment submitting your passport. The original cheque(s) must be sent to the following lockbox with your name written on the back with a pencil:

CSC Consular Services Inc
P.O. Box 410039
Salt Lake City, Utah 84141-0039

NOTE: Please complete ALL fields when sending your money order to avoid delays in your application process. (Pay in the order of, purchaser’s signature,etc.)

The other documentation needs to be sent or delivered in person to our office:

Visa Application Centre
2100 E. Grand Avenue
El Segundo, CA, 90245
U.S.A.

The Visa Application Centre is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM[/i][/b][/b]

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do they mean by VAC consent form if we applied online and not through VAC?
This is so confusing
I guess it's better to send the passport to NY consulate

Mar 28, 2014
Not confusing at all. It means that if you applied online and submitted all your documents online and then got a message from myCIC to send your passport.
And consent form is available on their website. Do a search or send me your mail id. Will send it to you.

graysw

Mar 31, 2014
did you receive your passport yet?

i am wondering as i mailed my passport to LA consulate and they returned it with a letter saying they no longer receive passports from online application, i am trying to find out if the NY consulate is the same situation

thanks

kaushal8394 said:
I sent the PP to NY consulate instead.

kaushal8394

Feb 1, 2014
My PP was received by NY consulate last Tuesday and today my application was closed. So, this means NY consulate is still accepting PP. I am still waiting for them to return my PP, I expect that I should receive it sometime this week.

enabletest

Apr 29, 2014
@satish_kotaru and @rag_goud : how long was the status "available for pickup" was ? Did you get your passport back ? . I submitted my passport to El Segundo by USPS and status shows "available for pickup" . Can you please let me know about this.

Thanks.

VisitCanadaRP

May 5, 2014
kaushal8394 said:
My PP was received by NY consulate last Tuesday and today my application was closed. So, this means NY consulate is still accepting PP. I am still waiting for them to return my PP, I expect that I should receive it sometime this week.
Hello Kaushal8394,

Can you please tell me in how many days did you receive the Passport back from the NY office after Canada's Visitor Visa stamping. I am in the same situation as yours where I live on East coast and confused on where should I send the passport - NY or LA?

Please reply ASAP.
Any help is highly appreciated.